[Q] horrible battery life since KitKat update Sprint g2.

Search This thread

palillo2006

Jun 10, 2012
Sacramento
I have the same problem and I never use bluetooth! I have no idea why it shows up.

The only issue I've seen is Bluetooth showing up under battery stats as being used at around 50-55% yesterday with a runtime of over a day. I'm thinking its just a reporting bug since I haven't used Bluetooth at all and I don't see a noticeable drop in battery but if it is using it I'd definitely like to curb it.

anyone with a similar issue or possible idea on fixing it? Running stock zvc unrooted

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

stevie13.xo

Mar 9, 2012
I flashed the TOT and bluetooth is showing up as keeping the device awake.. it isnt even on!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397457614507.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397457614507.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 152

joshuajones

Mar 27, 2012
Indianapolis
Factory reset didn't help my Wi-Fi wakelock woes. Bleh, and yeah, wipes sdcard if anyone didn't know. I'm still lucky to get 3hrs screen on time...

tomc585

Sep 9, 2009
If you go into "other resources" it will show that your blue tooth is off. I'm guessing its just reporting that it ready but not actually on.

tempest6253

Jun 8, 2010
did a tot of zvc factory reset then rooted . Seems like battery life is much better to me. uploadfromtaptalk1397573627932.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397573658348.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

bigpappa

Jan 24, 2011
Buffalo
I gotta jump in here. I also seem to be having my battery issues. Like other my bluetooth seems to be eating battery and its not on. I also notice my auto brightness is really wonky especially at night contstantly adjusting darker and brighter. Lastly I went from 100% to 73% in an hour today with auto brightness set to 40% of max, all services off (gps, sync, wifi, bluetooth etc).

It seems the phone will hold a charge longer than ever when its off and in standby not being used but once you start using it the battery drains like gangbusters.

I never got to rooting yet so im still stock zvc.... and I did do a factory reset after upgrade... Im stumped. I dont see anything glaring to explain the battery drain. I do have the battery monitor app on my phone but its not reporting anything weird I can see. Not that I knkw what it all means but I have some idea.

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis
I gotta jump in here. I also seem to be having my battery issues. Like other my bluetooth seems to be eating battery and its not on. I also notice my auto brightness is really wonky especially at night contstantly adjusting darker and brighter. Lastly I went from 100% to 73% in an hour today with auto brightness set to 40% of max, all services off (gps, sync, wifi, bluetooth etc).

It seems the phone will hold a charge longer than ever when its off and in standby not being used but once you start using it the battery drains like gangbusters.

I never got to rooting yet so im still stock zvc.... and I did do a factory reset after upgrade... Im stumped. I dont see anything glaring to explain the battery drain. I do have the battery monitor app on my phone but its not reporting anything weird I can see. Not that I knkw what it all means but I have some idea.

I used 50% fixed brightness, try that. Autobrightness is messed up on this phone.

bigpappa

Jan 24, 2011
Buffalo
Did you disable autosync, Sprint Connections Optimizer and location services? Some apps like facebook also kill battery.

Yes, I have. I appreciate your suggestions but I need some more in depth discussion on this. Im not new to the phone or android and I know what to look for in most instances. This time Im stumped. Im trying to recalibrate the batt again too after a third restore. Same results.... and that bluetooth running? I dont get that at all. Im starting to think its a bug or error in reporting, or another service is causing it to run. Dunno. Im stumped.

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis

Yes, I have. I appreciate your suggestions but I need some more in depth discussion on this. Im not new to the phone or android and I know what to look for in most instances. This time Im stumped. Im trying to recalibrate the batt again too after a third restore. Same results.... and that bluetooth running? I dont get that at all. Im starting to think its a bug or error in reporting, or another service is causing it to run. Dunno. Im stumped.

Try flashing the ZVC.tot because my batterylife dropped after OTA as I think something screwed up. Now its better than 4.2.2.

bigpappa

Jan 24, 2011
Buffalo
Try flashing the ZVC.tot because my batterylife dropped after OTA as I think something screwed up. Now its better than 4.2.2.

Thats gonna be a last resort. I cant see a tot making a difference here. Im still stock unrooted. Im gonna reroot today and debloat and see if that helps any. Id rather have a better idea of what processes are running amok first tho, so im kinda gonna have to root. Anyone know a basic and easily understandable process monitor app?

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis
Thats gonna be a last resort. I cant see a tot making a difference here. Im still stock unrooted. Im gonna reroot today and debloat and see if that helps any. Id rather have a better idea of what processes are running amok first tho, so im kinda gonna have to root. Anyone know a basic and easily understandable process monitor app?

Better Battery stats or Wakelock Detector might help.

sunny4691

Nov 11, 2012
I am getting pretty good battery life, upgraded to ZVC via modified OTA method.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-18-09-18-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-18-09-18-18.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_2014-04-17-22-50-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-17-22-50-36.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 123

Dustin7892

Jul 4, 2013
This Bluetooth thing is irritating. Went from 93% to 34% in like three hours and Bluetooth is responsible for even more battery drain than the screen. I've never even turned it on. Just toggled it to see if maybe that's the case and it just got stuck or something. So we shall see. Has anyone reported it to LG?

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis
This Bluetooth thing is irritating. Went from 93% to 34% in like three hours and Bluetooth is responsible for even more battery drain than the screen. I've never even turned it on. Just toggled it to see if maybe that's the case and it just got stuck or something. So we shall see. Has anyone reported it to LG?

I think it may be a reporting error because it showed like 6-7% use on bluetooth but its not affecting my battery life.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Absolutely not... Quite the opposite. I'm on a custom ROM but I used ZV7 ZV8 & ZVA before with no issues. That's one great thing about the G2 is the Snap Dragon processors are great on the battery, a charge lasts a long time and the battery never gets hot even with constant tethering and heavy usage. You should try the Snap Dragon battery guru app in the play store at: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiam.snapdragon.app which is great for saving juice. Or takes a couple days to get full effect cause it learns your patterns and stops apps from refreshing during times when you don't use them, cuts of WiFi and or data during times when you aren't using it. Also I'd check your battery usage stats and see what processes are draining it the most. Is most likely an app or 2 draining a lot of your battery, so the battery guru will stop that from happening during times that you don't use those apps.

Sent from my LS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Its very common after a firmware update for a battery to go outta whack. It may be that you need to recalibrate it. After any firmware update its adviseable to so a factory reset at 100% battery level. Then use your phone normally till the battery dies and phone shuts down. Plug in the phone and let it charge to 100% while off. Turn it on, and use it till the batt dies again. Repeat charging to 100% with phone off.

That may solve your issue. Fully cycle the battery 2x.
    Battery life is greatly affected by weak signals. It drives up the power to get you signal

I'm having the same issue. It's wakelock WifiOffDelayIfNotUsed. I've tried everything I can think of, but it's completely keeping my phone from deep sleep.