[Q] Advice on getting rooted

Search This thread

hirak99

Oct 10, 2011
I just received my phone yesterday, and updated to 4.4.4 in ignorance. I realized Towelroot doesn't work on 4.4.4.
Without root, I feel the restrictions of the device - there are many things I cannot do. (I owned a Galaxy S2 prior to this - I still like it - didn't realize how many things I took for granted which can only be done after root!)
How can I get the Verizon Note 3 rooted?

BParkerson

May 18, 2013
I was wondering if Towelroot would work on 4.4.4. So you have tried and can verify that it doesn't work???

donc113

Jul 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I just received my phone yesterday, and updated to 4.4.4 in ignorance. I realized Towelroot doesn't work on 4.4.4.
Without root, I feel the restrictions of the device - there are many things I cannot do. (I owned a Galaxy S2 prior to this - I still like it - didn't realize how many things I took for granted which can only be done after root!)
How can I get the Verizon Note 3 rooted?

As of right now....there is nothing you can do root it.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

joeyx2

Sep 30, 2010
There is no root method as of now and I believe most of the devs that worked on getting root for updates and devs that worked on safestrap no longer support this device. So unless some of the new devs for this device can figure it out you may be SOL.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

christianpeso

Sep 20, 2007
Okay. Is there any way to downgrade it? What if I do a factory reset?

No way to downgrade without root. I dont know how you obtained the phone, but if thru regular channels you can try sending it back and saying it was messed up out the box and request a new one. And make sure not to update that one if you do get it.

Reactions: hirak99

hirak99

Oct 10, 2011
Just did exactly that - then I saw your response - imagine my surprise! Thanks.
Told them it's broken I can't root it. They will send me a replacement. Hopefully it will not come with 4.4.4 pre-installed.

matsuyamakaze

Sep 12, 2014
You told your carrier the phones broke because you can't root it? ??

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

hirak99

Oct 10, 2011
Who is swapping the phone? I have a difficult time believing that either Verizon or Samsung would swap it because you can't root it.

I told him what's the issue. He said he understands and took the phone inside, and confirmed that he couldn't solve it, then ordered a replacement. The store guys are good - you just need to ask nicely and explain what is the problem and why it is important.

Top Liked Posts