[READ FIRST][FAQ]HTC Wildfire General FAQ(05/05/2011)

Search This thread

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
SKYE dude i second what Martin said also plz edit your first post add the following as a lot of ppl are posting unnecessary questions..

Q: how to unroot/ remove root / remove clockworkmod ?
A: Just download ur offcial ROM, ie RUU***.exe from shipped-roms.com and flash it.

sumeetchawla

Aug 20, 2010
Kolkata
www.code-pal.com
Hey, some of the applications are still not visible on the appbrain app list. When I open them, it says, not available. Any solution?

All in all, even though I love this phone, but I was disappointed slightly :| So many apps are not supported on it because of the low resolution. No games supported, ok but so many apps also!

I was actually waiting for the desire to come to India but bought this one giving the hopes up. The irony, Desire released 2 weeks after <_<

But, now I think, Samsung Galaxy S would have been hell better with just 5k more.

blueberry27

Sep 17, 2010
that put me under noobiest noob list... :)

SKYE dude i second what Martin said also plz edit your first post add the following as a lot of ppl are posting unnecessary questions..

Q: how to unroot/ remove root / remove clockworkmod ?
A: Just download ur offcial ROM, ie RUU***.exe from shipped-roms.com and flash it.

A solution that hold me back from spamming xda.. (jux kidding)

Anyway... can I have a little more help here...?
found this: http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Buzz/
but which one is it for me..

live in Singapore... so i guess i have to get one of the 'Asia'...
HK for hong kong, TW for taiwan and there is one for India...
only thing left is WWE... mind explaining what WWE stands for...
before I 'abracadabra' my wildfire into paperweight...

thx in advance...

Edit: one more question if you dun mind...
since unrooting gonna remove ClockworkMod...
do I have to flash RUU from recovery or fastboot...
or place update.zip in newly formatted SD card? again, thx..

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

Jul 21, 2009
A solution that hold me back from spamming xda.. (jux kidding)

Anyway... can I have a little more help here...?
found this: http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Buzz/
but which one is it for me..

live in Singapore... so i guess i have to get one of the 'Asia'...
HK for hong kong, TW for taiwan and there is one for India...
only thing left is WWE... mind explaining what WWE stands for...
before I 'abracadabra' my wildfire into paperweight...

thx in advance...

Edit: one more question if you dun mind...
since unrooting gonna remove ClockworkMod...
do I have to flash RUU from recovery or fastboot...
or place update.zip in newly formatted SD card? again, thx..

Sorry if i am wrong!
RUU will be flashed through usb, not from sd, and WWE stands for World Wide English, i think you have to choose Asia

parkerneo

Nov 2, 2008
hey bro...u doin a nyc job here...k m thnkn of buyin an android phone which is not too costly below 15k in india....so hav lasted on two...htc wildfire and samsung galaxy 3....plssss suggest me which one to buy...thnx in advance man....

drugoija

Oct 9, 2010
i am planning to buy wildfire so i wanted to know if i root android at 2.1 will it be easy to upgrade it to 2.2 and how to do it.

and is it possible to turn off sense ui and get the aero looking one with 3 icons and dots to right and left representing windows.

thank you in advance

LeandroMarceddu

Sep 27, 2010
Genk
The paid apps country-list got updated.

Code:
Currently, developers in these locations may sell priced applications to users in the following countries:

* Argentina
    * Australia
    * Austria
    * Belgium
    * Brazil
    * Canada
    * Czech Republic
    * Denmark
    * Finland
    * France
    * Germany
    * Hong Kong
    * India
    * Ireland
    * Israel
    * Italy
    * Japan
    * Mexico
    * Netherlands
    * New Zealand
    * Norway
    * Poland
    * Portugal
    * Russia
    * Singapore
    * South Korea
    * Spain
    * Sweden
    * Switzerland
    * Taiwan
    * United Kingdom
    * United States

hotty1177

Dec 17, 2008
Makati City
USB tethering

Hi All,

I am very new in android phone(noob in short).

Question:
1. How can i connect or browse to the internet using my USB cable?

I know in WinMo you can use activesync to browse internet connection from PC to Phone.
I downloaded PDANET but it no luck cause i think you can only used it from phone to PC .

Can someone point me what to do?

Thanks,

azahidi

Dec 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,
I am very new in android phone(noob in short).
Question:
1. How can i connect or browse to the internet using my USB cable?
I know in WinMo you can use activesync to browse internet connection from PC to Phone. I downloaded PDANET but it no luck cause i think you can only used it from phone to PC . Can someone point me what to do?
Thanks,

No need for 3rd party applications. Clear instruction is in the manual which can be downloaded from HTC website.

mark wild

Apr 4, 2008
Lēdurga
:)

I got a problem. In mid call the other end dos not hear me. Maybe some problems with the proximity sensor??? Please reply, please!!!

Mar 10, 2008
light dimming

Q : Does anyone know how to kill or dim the light of the menu bar?
Q 2: can i dim backlight beond lowest systemlevel?

tnx

Rubl

aamir007

Mar 28, 2009
Hi I'm new to Android and i've got myself a Wildfire and wondered what does rooting actually do and what does it allow you to do?

maaz_obaid

Nov 3, 2010
peshawar
Hi...

I m very new to android. I want to upgrade to froyo from current 2.1
Can anybody guide me step by step plzzzzzzzzz....????
Plzzzz do reply...
Further, i have windows 7 in my laptop and i installed htc sync 3.0 but when i connect my wildfire to pc, i get error on phone that htc sync could not be found on pc.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

drioo

Sep 15, 2010
Vilnius
You can update to Froyo by flashing with some custom ROM (Cyanogen, Wildpuzzle, Openfire) or use Chinese RUU, but you can't get root then, as for now.

HTC Sync is not working, because you haven't enabled USB Debugging in Settings of the phone. It is written in the manual how to do it, as I remember. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have problem with flashing. Somewhy, I cannot get my ADB driver installed correctly. Can you help me with that too? :p

follow the following steps carefully and hopefully you will have no problem in the end. :)
    Please note that following method applies for windows users only

Steps to Set Up ADB on Windows:
    1. Download latest version of Android SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html).
    2. Download and install Java Runtime Environment (https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHO...ProductRef=jre-6u20-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer) or Java Development Kit (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk6-jsp-136632.html) if you want to develop Android apps as well.
    3. Extract the zip file (android-sdk_r07-windows.zip) you downloaded in step 1 to (C:) drive such that android-sdk-windows directory in (C:) drive contains SDK Manager.exe.
    4. Click on Available Packages from the left panel and select USB Driver Package, revision 3 from the right panel.
    5. Click on Install Selected button, accept the License Agreement and let SDK Manager download the USB drivers for your phone. Click Close button when done.

6. For Windows 7/Vista Users:
    Navigate to My Computer (Icon)->Properties (Link)->Advanced System Settings (Link)->Advanced (Tab)->Environment Variables (Button)->System variables (Section)->Path (Variable)-> Edit (Button)-> Variable value. Enter the following value.

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

7. For Windows XP Users:
    Navigate to My Computer (Icon)->Properties (Link)->Advanced (Tab)->Environment Variables (Button)->System variables (Section)->Path (Variable)-> Edit (Button)-> Variable value. Enter the following value.

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

8. Connect your phone in USB debugging mode and let the Windows install the USB drivers for your device.
    9. Thats it! You are done. Open command prompt and type adb devices to see the list of devices attached to your computer or type adb shell to go into adb shell mode.
    Android Market

Hi all
    Another new one here! I have just bought my wife a wildfire and we have downloaded one successfully. We cannot now get on to the market, we logon and it comes up with those silly jumbled up words to authenticate but keeps coming up with another and another and........... I have powered off but no luck. It will not even go back to password entery untill you leave it for a few hours, try again still the same. Can anyone help. PLEASE!
    hi all

i am using HTC wildfire in india
    i resent update froyo 2.2.1
    my phone is S-ON any help for how to root my wildfire
    my android version 2.2.1
    baseband version 13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10
    kernel version 2.6.32.21-g6c55ee4
    build number 2.25.720.1
    HOW TO ROOT
    pls help me

THANKS

You can't, at the moment.

One method can be to find someone with an XTC Clip, get the phone in S-OFF, then root. But, I havent seen any Indian XTC clip owning member post so far.
    Hi All

Noob to Android here. Trying to root Wildfire
    HBoot 0.80.0003
    Radio 3.35.15.31
    Firmware is 2.1 update 1

Have tried using unRevoked 3 but keeps dropping out and asking for retry.
    Have installed HTC Sync for drivers and then uninstalled prog. Have also installed Hboot drivers. Am running WIn 7 HP 64. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Stransky
    (Douglas Barr)

Try using an older Version on Unrevoked. (3.21 or earlier), and , make sure you are following the guide properly:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824396

I am going to use the xtc clip to go for s-off. Unfortunately I got the official 2.2 with the 1.01.0001 hboot (that's what called new hboot I guess) and 3.35.20.10 radio.

What rom do you propose? I would like the sence to be installed. What complete packages including rom+recovery+kernel+cpu speed would you suggest?

Thank you

Personally, I have used WildPuzzle, Sunnabh and InsertCoin, all 3 work well. For Recovery, the Stock Clockworkmod 2.5.x installed by Unrevoked should be fine, since you are using Sense based ROMs. In case of the kernel, you only have two choices really, the stock one, and, Jacob's HCDR Kernel, which allows Overclocking. CPU Speeds upto a max of 691 - 710 and min upto 245 should do fine.
    What is buzz? do u mean HTC Wildfire ?

Yes, Buzz = Wildfire. It's the "internal" name of the device.