[Q] Wont return to LTE or mobile data on (Tasker)

Search This thread

Chekhn

Oct 7, 2012
Uppsala
Hello!

I am new to Tasker, really like it so far but can't seem to figure out why LTE and mobile data won't return to how they were before.
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't you "settings" return to how they were before you turned Tasker/profile?

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello!

I am new to Tasker, really like it so far but can't seem to figure out why LTE and mobile data won't return to how they were before.
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't you "settings" return to how they were before you turned Tasker/profile?
I don't exactly understand what do you mean... LTE is correctly enabled or disabled with Tasker :confused:

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hello!

No, the settings remain as they were configured by Tasker even when you uninstall it. You will have to change then back manually. If that's what you're talking about.

Chekhn

Oct 7, 2012
Uppsala
I don't exactly understand what do you mean... LTE is correctly enabled or disabled with Tasker :confused:

When you create a profile you put in different tasks that for example turns of data and etc. And lets say i have LTE active and mobile data before i turn on the profile. And when i turn the profile off the LTE and mobile data is supposed to go back to how it was before. This happens with GPS and Auto Sync.
So no LTE is kinda not correctly enabled/disabled

Chekhn

Oct 7, 2012
Uppsala
No, the settings remain as they were configured by Tasker even when you uninstall it. You will have to change then back manually. If that's what you're talking about.

Well as i said in the previous post, my phone turns off GPS and auto sync when i turn off the profile i am using. So your statement is actually wrong :p

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
When you create a profile you put in different tasks that for example turns of data and etc. And lets say i have LTE active and mobile data before i turn on the profile. And when i turn the profile off the LTE and mobile data is supposed to go back to how it was before. This happens with GPS and Auto Sync.
Okay so yes we need to disable mobile data manually.

Just to be sure long press the profile name, click the settings button on top then check "Restore Settings" if you have this option.
Most of system settings like brightness are automatically restored but not mobile data afaik.

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Can't you just add an exit task that changes the settings back?

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Well as i said in the previous post, my phone turns off GPS and auto sync when i turn off the profile i am using. So your statement is actually wrong :p

Actually, you both are correct. Tasker does not act consistently between the items you two are comparing. Some things, like Bluetooth, it will revert when the task is exited. But it does not always act this way.

It should always act the same way across the board. I hope it's a bug, because it's definitely bad practice to code in this fashion. Especially with a programmer's tool :cowboy:

But, as @PhilipTD said, just make an exit task to revert settings.

Chekhn

Oct 7, 2012
Uppsala
Okay so yes we need to disable mobile data manually.

Just to be sure long press the profile name, click the settings button on top then check "Restore Settings" if you have this option.
Most of system settings like brightness are automatically restored but not mobile data afaik.

Well the thing is that i don't want to do it manually, i want tasker to do it automatically like everything else

Chekhn

Oct 7, 2012
Uppsala
Actually, you both are correct. Tasker does not act consistently between the items you two are comparing. Some things, like Bluetooth, it will revert when the task is exited. But it does not always act this way.

It should always act the same way across the board. I hope it's a bug, because it's definitely bad practice to code in this fashion. Especially with a programmer's tool :cowboy:

But, as @PhilipTD said, just make an exit task to revert settings.

I tries to figure out a exit task, but i don't really understand what to do. Can you like "guide" the steps?

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
I tries to figure out a exit task, but i don't really understand what to do. Can you like "guide" the steps?

You will create a new task, implementing reverse instructions. So, If you turned LTE on for the entry task, the exit task will turn it off.

When that is complete, go back to your profile and expand it, long press the green arrow (entry task), and pick select exit task. Choose your new task.

Does this make sense?

Reactions: Chekhn

Chekhn

Oct 7, 2012
Uppsala
You will create a new task, implementing reverse instructions. So, If you turned LTE on for the entry task, the exit task will turn it off.

When that is complete, go back to your profile and expand it, long press the green arrow (entry task), and pick select exit task. Choose your new task.

Does this make sense?

Thank you, make perfectly sense. Didn't know about exit task thingy. The problem i had was also that i can't click on 2g/3g in tasker. So i used gravitybox.intent.action.CHANGE_NETWORK_TYPE and entered networkType:9 (for LTE) :D

Appreciate your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Does this make sense?