Sim unlock method

Search This thread

mylord2014

Mar 28, 2014
No network signal

I did everthing in the post. I even got the sim unlock successful message. But when i put my Indian GSM in it, its not able to get any signal. I see that the APN is set to the carrier of this SIM but when i search for GSM networks manually, it searches but does not show anything. I tried with 1.54.654.9 RUU and with modified firmware as well. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Djmk4

Dec 7, 2011
Thessaloniki
Doing as said...the phone freezes for a couple of seconds when i press the sim lock option...but when i press the back button it says the log is empty did you run the program first??? i have a sprint htc one m8 harman kardon edition

Update: Something Strange..without getting the succesfull message...i managed to get gsm signal and data....i also installed viper rom....and running smooth...without problems...I change the settings from the 4636*# menu and all are fine...for now...thanks for this guide!!!!

Last edited:

totoakarocky

Sep 25, 2014
stckton on tees
I did the same as well successfully got signals but not getting data. Can anyone help with that

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

U need to have aptoide. In that store u will find the specific app.

klevismartini

Jun 24, 2013
tirana
con you please let me know how did you do?
which radio version do you have?
im having issue on starting the unlock helper, im on stock 1.54.654.9 harman K m8.
thnx

klevismartini

Jun 24, 2013
tirana
Thank you for instruction!
Just want to share my experience.
HTC One M8 Sprint. Tried changing cid and config.dat method with no luck. Phone still says "invalid sim card". This thread was my hope. Done steps in first post, but no luck again, Sim Unlock Helper app even didn't write anything to log history, so I lost a hope, but tried executing "sim lock" command in app several times, then rebooted phone several times and eventually it became unlocked. Good luck!
sorry which m8 do you have the hk version?
please explain the steps better.
thnx

raymondtong94

Jan 15, 2014
deleted the spcs apk and odex

Can anyone pass me the spcs apk and odex file? I accidentally deleted it cuz I mistaken it.:(:(

edlee

Jun 25, 2008
If I put in a Verizon 4g LTE sim card (used or new) or any other non AT&T/T-mobile sim, the missing SIM icon disappears even with the GSM/UMTS option selected. Further, the search networks option is no longer grayed out and I am able to search for networks and it even shows me AT&T and T-mobile. Obviously, when I click on AT&T or T-mobile, it says SIM won't allow registration (which is expected since it's a Verizon sim that I am trying to use to connect to T-mobile).

I tried several different stock RADIOS but the same issue is there. I think Sprint looks at the SIM ICCID and if it's in the AT&T or T-mobile range, it blocks it outright. Oddly the Verizon ICCID ranges have not been blocked, nor have they blocked and global GSM SIMs.

Could the phone be locking iccid ranges programmed into nvram, and does anyone have any additional experiance in editing nvram?

mZamin

Dec 4, 2014
karachi
Thanks bro, u really helped me and i love you .
So may be i can help the others.
If u press start button and nothing happens? May be u forgot about permissions ( long press on htcomadm, which u placed in system/app and choose permissions. It must be on first column - RW, second - R, third - R)
Thats what helped me and i hope it will help you too

HI
Can you plz help me unlocking my htc m8 harmon kardon edition, I have already unlock bottable. What are the other steps so i can play my country network on this phone.

Many thanks

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

NP Mate. Glad i was of help to you. Cheers!!!

HI
Can you plz help me unlocking my htc m8 harmon kardon edition, I have already unlock bottable. What are the other steps so i can play my country network on this phone.

Many thanks

truwrxtacy

May 8, 2012
Hi guys, can someone tell me how to fix my m8, i messed it up while trying to unlock it. It now is stuck on a screen that says "phone lock" I have tried to master reset it and run a RUU both still does not bypass the screen. I was using the HTC One sim unlock helper and i think i accidentally clicked something wrong, can somehow show me how to return it back to stock so i can retry it again?

thanks

onefasttreopro

May 8, 2009
Is it the code needed that you can get on Sprint website in your account?...I remember reading something "if phone becomes locked you will need this code keep in safe place"...it was a puk1/puc1 code or something...there was 2 of them. a 4 digit one and a 6-8 digit one...Hope that helps

afzalcool

Nov 22, 2013
MUMBAI
HTC M8 HK Edition

I successfully sim unlocked my new HTC one m8 without any hiccups. If any one having hard time getting SIM unlock.do PM me. I will be glad to help the fellow members

i did s-off from Sunshine method and did the process of Config,dat.
But still has not been unlocked and my htc m8 software version is 4.4.4 stock, rooted, s-off,TWRP recovery.

please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    100% Work For Gsm Unlock Stock 4.4.2 ( Permanent )

Step 1 - Unlockbootloader-custom recovery-root-s.off
    - Unlock bootloader from htc dev
    - donwload and Install Custom Recovery TWRP link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2698400
    - download and install SuperSu from TWRP link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2698400
    - S-Off Using firewater and follow Instructions (normal, rooted device method) link http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/ or Using Sunshine (25$)

Step 2 -
    Download HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and put in internal storage phone
    Download and install root explorer
    Download and install htc one sim unlockhelper from playstore

Step 3 -
    Open root explorer and hit button Mount r/w for permission read.write
    Backup original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex by changing the file name ( anything that is easy to remember ) From /system/app directory
    After rename the original file, copy modded file HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk to /system/app directory and make sure you have set the permission rw-r-r and reboot device

Step 4 - Begin Sim Unlock
    Open htc one sim unlock helper on your phone, it will say htc one device check fail. now click the 3 menu dot and click on "Display SIM Unlock Log" It might ask you for Permissions. Make sure to Grant them. After that it will say "SIM Unlock Log". There shouldn't be anything there. Now hit the back button and now it should say Device Verified, Root Available etc.
    Next hit "start" button. If everything goes well, within seconds you should be in the OMADM Test Client Menu and Scroll all the way down to the end and tap the selection SIMLOCK. The phone will freeze a couple of seconds and then return to normal. Once done and normal, tap the back button and the SIM Unlock Helper should show SIM Unlock Results. If it says Successful, hit back button then show Device Verified, Root Available etc menu again. Then reboot the phone manually from power button

Step 5 -
    Once Rebooted, Insert your SIM Card of your GSM Carrier and go to your Settings> Mobile Data> Network Mode. Once you tap that, Tap GSM/UTMS Only. If successful your phone will switch from Sprint to the GSM carrier. All there is next is to setup your APN settings to be able to receive the carriers data services.

Step 6 -
    delete the modded file HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk
    And rename the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to original state which we renamed in previous steps to avoid vdm client stopped error

Step 7 - optional
    Changing signal logo to H or 3G icon
    open root explorer then open in text editor file default.xml from /system/customize/ACC
    Scroll all the way down find this line <item type="integer" name="sku_id">10</item>
    Change the number to 42 and save
    reboot

Thanks to:
    - nikme thread link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2682242
    - theslimed2013 thread link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2608910

credit for modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.APK chas123 also used in HTC ONE unlock
    NO S-OFF Needed for M8 Sprint SIM Unlock

I just want to share with you guys my experience....

I was able to get my hands on one of these Sprint M8 and like everyone else, I wanted my phone to be SIM unlocked (to use it outside the USA). So, I followed instructions provided in the OP but at the S-OFF part I got stuck, since the Firewater method does not work in my phone.

Unable to get S-OFF, I skipped that part only to find out that when you replace the /system/app apk file, when you restart the phone, the changes are not saved, so the SIM Unlock Helper thing does not work. So, I was thinking, why would an app need S-OFF, I thought maybe the original HTC software was somehow preventing a system app to be replaced.

To make story short, I installed Viper ROM, and with root explorer I was able to overwrite the HTCOM... apk (change the .apk permision to allow everything), did a hot reboot, then a full reboot, and the unlock app worked perfectly, tho it crashed in the first attempt but I tried again and it worked!

My conclusion, you need to S-OFF in order to unlock this phone only if you are willing to install another ROM.

Anyway, if you guys need any details, I'll be glad to help you.

Thanks to the OP!
    Thanks bro, u really helped me and i love you .
    So may be i can help the others.
    If u press start button and nothing happens? May be u forgot about permissions ( long press on htcomadm, which u placed in system/app and choose permissions. It must be on first column - RW, second - R, third - R)
    Thats what helped me and i hope it will help you too
    NP Mate. Glad i was of help to you. Cheers!!!
    Had a hard time finding the HTC One Sim Unlock Helper so if anyone is looking for it I found it here:
    http://xdaforums.com/sprint-htc-one/themes-apps/app-sim-unlock-helper-viperboy-t2906419

P.S. I was successful in unlocked Sprint HTC One m8 Hk edition using stock rooted sprint m8 hk odexed rom. Using Viper rom now and everything is working perfectly.
    Hello guys
    I just bought a US Sprint Version M8 and It is driving me Crazy.
    I still am not able to unlock it. HELP HELP
    My device is htvdev boot loader unlocked.
    S-off
    Rooted as well
    I first tried the Universal sim unlock method via http://www.sieempi.eu where you flash in the config.dat file via simlock option, everything failed except it said successfully applied imei code.
    I popped in a foreign gsm sim card, still it was locked. Nothing happened
    I than proceeded with the SuperCid 11111111 trick, I was able to change the code successfully.
    But when I tried in ma foreign sim card. Nothing worked.
    After doing the above two steps I than tried the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk mod trick on my currently installed stock rom.
    I renamed the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to something else
    And pasted modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and changed permission to rw-r-r.
    I ran sim unlocker helper program, granted it SU rights reached the page with the start button but when I press the start button no pop up window appears. Nothing happens at all.
    I than decided to flash my Stock Rom to BSC_Stock_Rooted_M8_RLS_21 Rom
    I tried the same trick and switched the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk with the modified file.
    I open sim unlocker helper, grand su access and it takes me to start button but when I press start nothing happens still.
    Now with the new Rom when I pop in the sim card I get Invalid Card. Please contact customer care.
    Note: I also changed the network to gsm only directly via the menu and also by using the #*#*4636*#*# code
    Attached is a screen shot :

Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Try the following on you responsibility
    - You should know your SPC, you can read it with CDMA Workshop or CDMA DFS Tool.
    - Install QSPT (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2263391)
    - enable diag mode ##3424#
    - open QPST configuration, from port tab add your device diagnostics port.
    - from start clients tab choose service programming then ok & click on read from phone.
    - on system tab choose automatic for roam preferences.
    - on UMTS System tab choose any for pref service domain & any band (last bottom right) for proffered band.
    - click write to phone, then your device should work on GSM mode with modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk.