[SCRIPT] Nook Color USB Drivers and ADB Setup (WinXP&7)

Search This thread

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
Windows XP x86 & x64 and Windows 7 x86 & x64 compatible.

Here is a short script I wrote to get you all up and running with the Nook color in Device Manager and the USB Drivers to get ADB running.

Download (Win XP/7)
After download/extract run adbfix.bat

Code:
@echo off
echo *****************************************
echo * We will create the directory .Android *
echo *  We will also create the adb_usb.ini  *
md "%USERPROFILE%/.Android"
echo 0x2080 > "%USERPROFILE%\.Android\adb_usb.ini"
echo Success
echo.
echo.
echo.
ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 >NUL
echo **************************************************
echo * We will open Device Manager for you...         *
echo * You should see Android Composite ADB Interface *
echo * It will be under Andriod Phone.                *
echo.
echo ************************************************************
echo * If you don't see it go find "USB Mass Storage Device"    *
echo * It will be under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"      *
echo * Double click it and goto the "Details Tab"               *
echo * Drop down to Hardware Ids and look for "VID_2080"        *
echo * If you don't see it check another USB Storage Controller *
echo * Once you find the correct one...Uninstall it!            *
echo.
echo ************************************************************** 
echo * Once your done uninstalling click on "Action"...           *
echo * Click on "Scan for Hardware Changes"                       *
echo * It now should find new hardware and fail to install "Nook" *
echo *                                                            *
echo * Install "Nook" with the drivers I provided in this pack.   *
echo * You can find the fixed drivers in the "usbdrivers" folder. *
echo * After your done you should have adb access through DOS!    *
devmgmt.msc
pause
exit

Last edited:

Jamdat33

May 17, 2009
This is just what i needed!!! But it doesnt work for me for some reason... after i point it to the folder to install the driver it says "Windows was unable to install your Nook. Windows could not find driver software for your device."

jimmyz

Jun 29, 2007
thanks- I'm assuming this is for windows 7- will this work for windows xp as well?

swapdotavi

Dec 16, 2010
Thanks very much. This makes things even easier :)

Also, your video on youtube of a rooted NC was a big part of why I bought one, so thanks for that too!

swapdotavi

Dec 16, 2010
Thanks, leave some good feedback if this info worked for you and if my script worked on your machine.

I actually dont have the device yet as I live in Vancouver, Canada. I will be getting it tomorrow after a quick trip across the border :) I'm going to use the steps off nookdevs late tomorrow night to root it after a few minutes of testing out of the box to make sure everything works OK.

I'll certainly leave you some props on the video.

Reactions: xboxexpert

swapdotavi

Dec 16, 2010
I actually dont have the device yet as I live in Vancouver, Canada. I will be getting it tomorrow after a quick trip across the border :) I'm going to use the steps off nookdevs late tomorrow night to root it after a few minutes of testing out of the box to make sure everything works OK.

I'll certainly leave you some props on the video.

I've got my NC now. It's about 70% finished. I've got it rooted with superuser and ADB, (used the steps on Nookdevs) and I've sideloaded a few apps already. I've still got to customize my home screen/widgets a bit, figure out what's going on with my wifi, (keeps randomly dropping to "Connected, but no internet" at home) get some app for MS Office doc editing sideloaded to see if it's worth paying for, and figure out if I can make netflix work :)

Anyway, just wanted to post an update and say that everything is going (pretty) smoothly, and that the device rules and that you're the man for pointing me at it xbox!

Reactions: xboxexpert

ItzSnitz

Mar 5, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Still No ADB Access

I like to consider myself capable when it comes to hacking devices. I am by no means a developer but suffice it to say I've loaded my own custom ROMS and never requested assistance in the XDA forums.

I am at a loss to enable ADB access to my NC. In the device manager, the item Android Phone > Android ADB Device is available, and the Hardware ID is VID_2080. The system does not mount under my computer, however when I run cmd.exe > adb kill-server > adb devices, no devices are listed.

I have the SDK installed on a Win7x64 computer. I rooted my NC with Auto-Nooter a few days ago. I utilized your script hoping the driver included was newer than what I had used previously, however it was not. If you feel my post should be located in another forum, point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

xboxexpert

Aug 1, 2007
www.thexboxexpert.com
I like to consider myself capable when it comes to hacking devices. I am by no means a developer but suffice it to say I've loaded my own custom ROMS and never requested assistance in the XDA forums.

I am at a loss to enable ADB access to my NC. In the device manager, the item Android Phone > Android ADB Device is available, and the Hardware ID is VID_2080. The system does not mount under my computer, however when I run cmd.exe > adb kill-server > adb devices, no devices are listed.

I have the SDK installed on a Win7x64 computer. I rooted my NC with Auto-Nooter a few days ago. I utilized your script hoping the driver included was newer than what I had used previously, however it was not. If you feel my post should be located in another forum, point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I PM'ed you.

Milkman Dan

Dec 12, 2008

I am having the exact same problem. ADB is working fine on my EVO, but some reason I CANNOT see the NC.

Update: I got it to work after following http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_USB_ADB to the "T". I also had to update my SDK.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows XP x86 & x64 and Windows 7 x86 & x64 compatible.

Here is a short script I wrote to get you all up and running with the Nook color in Device Manager and the USB Drivers to get ADB running.

Download (Win XP/7)
    After download/extract run adbfix.bat

Code:
    @echo off
    echo * We will create the directory .Android *
    echo *  We will also create the adb_usb.ini  *
    md "%USERPROFILE%/.Android"
    echo 0x2080 > "%USERPROFILE%\.Android\adb_usb.ini"
    echo Success
    echo.
    echo.
    echo.
    ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 >NUL
    echo * We will open Device Manager for you...         *
    echo * You should see Android Composite ADB Interface *
    echo * It will be under Andriod Phone.                *
    echo.
    echo * If you don't see it go find "USB Mass Storage Device"    *
    echo * It will be under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"      *
    echo * Double click it and goto the "Details Tab"               *
    echo * Drop down to Hardware Ids and look for "VID_2080"        *
    echo * If you don't see it check another USB Storage Controller *
    echo * Once you find the correct one...Uninstall it!            *
    echo.
    echo * Once your done uninstalling click on "Action"...           *
    echo * Click on "Scan for Hardware Changes"                       *
    echo * It now should find new hardware and fail to install "Nook" *
    echo *                                                            *
    echo * Install "Nook" with the drivers I provided in this pack.   *
    echo * You can find the fixed drivers in the "usbdrivers" folder. *
    echo * After your done you should have adb access through DOS!    *
    devmgmt.msc
    pause
    exit
    It was indeed for Windows 7 but I've just testing and compiled a Windows XP and Windows 7 version all in one. Uploading and fixing links
    Thanks, leave some good feedback if this info worked for you and if my script worked on your machine.
    Since the link to download the file is bad, I came across this searching for the file. It worked for me so maybe it will help someone else as well.
    https://code.google.com/p/learn-gdx/downloads/detail?name=Nook Color ADB Install.zip&can=2&q=
    This is just what i needed!!! But it doesnt work for me for some reason... after i point it to the folder to install the driver it says "Windows was unable to install your Nook. Windows could not find driver software for your device."

Use the drivers in my pack they work perfect.