[APP][RELEASE][OPEN-SOURCE] The Seven+ Calculator

Search This thread

tombarr

Jun 18, 2011
Cambridge
tombarrasso.com
Seven+ Calculator for Android

The Seven+ Calculator is now open source on GitHub!

Current version: gamma two

Now introducing the custom WP7 style status bar (and the ability to disable it)!
This Calculator is now part of the Seven+ Project.

Features include history, shake to toggle vibration when a button is pressed, accent color chooser, and much more!

Please leave suggestions below, I would love to continue to improve this app!

--

Announcing the release of the first application to be part of my Windows Phone 7 User Interface for Android: Windows Phone 7 Calculator. As such it is freely available on the Android Market. This is the first public beta, so expect bugs. Your feedback is highly valued so if you wish to suggest another application for development, inform me of bugs, etc. please do so. Below is the Market description:

--

Inspired by the beauty and simplicity of the Metro User Interface, Windows Phone 7 Calculator offers an easy to use, effective alternative to the default Android calculator application. This calculator includes all basic operations (multiplication, division, subtraction, and addition) as well as advanced operations (sine, cosine, tangent, logarithms, exponentials) and more.
In the portrait orientation basic operations are displayed; in the landscape orientation advanced operations are displayed. The memory function saves a number and the preferred trigonometric mode (degree, radian, or gradian) even after the device is rebooted.
Press the menu button to be given the option to choose the preferred accent color, which will display using the fly out animation.

--

This calculator is the simplest demonstration of my Windows Phone 7 User Interface for Android. Please head over to the donate version if you would like to support development. By donating or giving a good rating on the Market I know if I am doing a good job.

Thank you for reading,

- Tom

----------
DOWNLOAD
----------

You can download this app on the Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tombarrasso.android.wp7calculator.

img.php

Attachments

• device.jpg
    device.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,652
  • device1.jpg
    device1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,332
  • device2.jpg
    device2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,255
  • device3.jpg
    device3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,110
  • device-2011-07-30-205635.jpg
    device-2011-07-30-205635.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 253
  • device-2011-07-30-205526.jpg
    device-2011-07-30-205526.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 236
  • device-2011-08-12-225918.jpg
    device-2011-08-12-225918.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Saketme

Nov 2, 2010
Ranchi
techsplurge.com
Great app and the transition is nice. Few basic things which I would like to see in WP7 Calculator:

1. I like it when the phone vibrates when any button is pressed, like when I press the menu button for changing settings.

2. Also, the settings button should change its color when I touch it.

3. When I choose a new accent, please take me back to the calculator interface immediately.

4. Give it a good icon please, the current one doesn't look good. Give it a metro icon.

5. History of performed calculations? I miss it as compared to stock calculator.

Rest is wonderful!

Last edited:

tombarr

Jun 18, 2011
Cambridge
tombarrasso.com
Cool, thanks for the suggestions.

1, 5) I will consider these. I'd prefer not to have an entire settings page just to enable/ disable vibrations. As for history, while I haven't used a Windows Phone 7 phone to verify, from what I've heard I do not believe that it a feature of the app. If so it should not be too hard to do, but I cannot figure out how the AOSP calculator stores history.

4) Where do you suggest I get a better icon? I am using the one from the Metrostation set. I am not much of a graphic designer, so making my own would only be worse.

2, 3) I just updated my UI framework to support these features, and implemented them into my calculator. In my next release I will include these.

- Tom

BenKranged

Apr 24, 2011
May I suggest name it something other than "Windows Phone 7 Calculator" so microsoft doesn't send you a cease and desist letter.

tombarr

Jun 18, 2011
Cambridge
tombarrasso.com
Well I've published the previous #2 and #3 updates to the Market, go ahead and check it out.

As far as a name goes, if anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know; I not sure what to call it. However a C&D from MS is too far fetched, worst case I change the name (are they going to say that they patented the standard layout of a calculator, or rectangles with solid colors?).

If anybody has suggestions for an icon, a name, or perhaps a way to get the project more publicity it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Tom

richiebm

Sep 22, 2010
Good Start for a Metro like ecosystem on Android :)

Thanks for this calculator... It is well done and joins the list of my other Metro like apps ...

Since you are looking for a new name, how about naming it after a Greek alphabet... for example, 'Omega Calculator 7' or something .. This makes it sound cool..

Benitho

Oct 17, 2010
MetroCalculator for the new name.
Also in WP7, all the accents fly in 1-by-1 not on 1 page. Just suggesting! ^_^

tombarr

Jun 18, 2011
Cambridge
tombarrasso.com
Thanks for your suggestion.

I have yet to decide on another name, although I would not mind one that could also be a brand, i.e. UberMusic, UberSomething... MetroSomething is already taken.

As for fly-in one-by-one, I will look into this but the layout used for choosing the theme color is part of a library project so I would need to figure out a way to do so without interfering with the Activity lifecycle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seven+ Calculator for Android

The Seven+ Calculator is now open source on GitHub!

Current version: gamma two

Now introducing the custom WP7 style status bar (and the ability to disable it)!
    This Calculator is now part of the Seven+ Project.

Features include history, shake to toggle vibration when a button is pressed, accent color chooser, and much more!

Please leave suggestions below, I would love to continue to improve this app!

--

Announcing the release of the first application to be part of my Windows Phone 7 User Interface for Android: Windows Phone 7 Calculator. As such it is freely available on the Android Market. This is the first public beta, so expect bugs. Your feedback is highly valued so if you wish to suggest another application for development, inform me of bugs, etc. please do so. Below is the Market description:

--

Inspired by the beauty and simplicity of the Metro User Interface, Windows Phone 7 Calculator offers an easy to use, effective alternative to the default Android calculator application. This calculator includes all basic operations (multiplication, division, subtraction, and addition) as well as advanced operations (sine, cosine, tangent, logarithms, exponentials) and more.
    In the portrait orientation basic operations are displayed; in the landscape orientation advanced operations are displayed. The memory function saves a number and the preferred trigonometric mode (degree, radian, or gradian) even after the device is rebooted.
    Press the menu button to be given the option to choose the preferred accent color, which will display using the fly out animation.

--

This calculator is the simplest demonstration of my Windows Phone 7 User Interface for Android. Please head over to the donate version if you would like to support development. By donating or giving a good rating on the Market I know if I am doing a good job.

Thank you for reading,

- Tom

----------
    DOWNLOAD
    ----------

You can download this app on the Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tombarrasso.android.wp7calculator.

img.php