Stock browser rendering vs Chrome Beta

Search This thread

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone know how to tweak Chrome to render a website so that it doesn't zoom in so much?

Stock Browser:
ypetyvud.jpg

Chrome:
e6y8atus.jpg

This is Qnap desktop that I use several times a day to transfer files on my home network. Since Chrome zooms in so much, I'm forced to go into portrait mode so I can see more info on screen when I'm in the Qnap File Manager. The Stock browser seems to work much better. It's just a minor annoyance, but I wanted to see if anyone would know of a Chrome tweak to force it to zoom out a little.

D.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
If you're rooted perhaps changing the DPI setting for Chrome in Xposed module App Settings to a lower value (its counter intuitive) will help. Default resolution is 320, perhaps drop it below 300 and see how that works.

I currently run a setting of 256 to get a window width of 1600. I also run Chrome User Agent to force a desktop setting and have manually set max tiles for interest area to 512mb to increase how much memory chrome takes up. Browsing is pretty good in Chrome now.

Reactions: dodo99x

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Already running Chrome User Agent and use the max tiles tweak. Tried a few others in chrome://flags without any success. I'll try App Settings on Xposed. I was running it previously on the first firmware that came with the tablet, but kept getting some graphical glitching when watching videos, so I removed it. Haven't tried it again with the ANC5 firmware I have now. I'll give it a try

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Still no luck with Xposed & App Settings @ 256dpi. Tried different options in screen dp as well. Booooo... :(

a6u4ymyr.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're rooted perhaps changing the DPI setting for Chrome in Xposed module App Settings to a lower value (its counter intuitive) will help. Default resolution is 320, perhaps drop it below 300 and see how that works.

I currently run a setting of 256 to get a window width of 1600. I also run Chrome User Agent to force a desktop setting and have manually set max tiles for interest area to 512mb to increase how much memory chrome takes up. Browsing is pretty good in Chrome now.