Returning to Stock T-MOB101

Search This thread

F4t4l!tY

Apr 27, 2009
Hi everybody,

I've been reading a lot of stuff since now but still have some unanswered questions.
I want to return to completely stock as for insurance or warranty purposes.

I originally got an german HTC One M8 with T-MOB101 cid.

I unlocked the bootloader as the temp-root variant did not work for me, s-off'ed, changed cid to Supercid and flashed ViperRom.

But now I have to send it in to insurance company because my display glass broke after dropping my htc one off about 1 Foot...:crying:

So how would be the optimal procedure to get as close to completely stock?
I know that after reverting everything the bootloader would still say relocked.

So my idea was to:
1. get an original T-MOB101 NAND backup and restore it (beforehand restore T-MOB101 cid)
2. flashing stock recovery
3. Removing Tampered (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51700320&postcount=1)
4. Setting Locked (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708571)
5. play over an OTA firmware.zip

This would lead me to a stock rom with OTA capability, but would still show me the red warning as well as S-OFF.

As an alternative I read about hex edited hboots to get rid of the red warning or even Mask S-off as s-on.
However in the according thread i could not make out an hboot corresponding to the T-MOB101 CID. So I tried it on my own after having a look at stock and modified hboots.
I edited my own hboot according to those modification but am too scared to flash it as it could hard brick my phone....

So I ask you guys, am I on the right way and what would you do :)?

Greetz F4t4l!tY

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis
Hi everybody,

I've been reading a lot of stuff since now but still have some unanswered questions.
I want to return to completely stock as for insurance or warranty purposes.

I originally got an german HTC One M8 with T-MOB101 cid.

I unlocked the bootloader as the temp-root variant did not work for me, s-off'ed, changed cid to Supercid and flashed ViperRom.

But now I have to send it in to insurance company because my display glass broke after dropping my htc one off about 1 Foot...:crying:

So how would be the optimal procedure to get as close to completely stock?
I know that after reverting everything the bootloader would still say relocked.

So my idea was to:
1. get an original T-MOB101 NAND backup and restore it (beforehand restore T-MOB101 cid)
2. flashing stock recovery
3. Removing Tampered (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51700320&postcount=1)
4. Setting Locked (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708571)
5. play over an OTA firmware.zip

This would lead me to a stock rom with OTA capability, but would still show me the red warning as well as S-OFF.

As an alternative I read about hex edited hboots to get rid of the red warning or even Mask S-off as s-on.
However in the according thread i could not make out an hboot corresponding to the T-MOB101 CID. So I tried it on my own after having a look at stock and modified hboots.
I edited my own hboot according to those modification but am too scared to flash it as it could hard brick my phone....

So I ask you guys, am I on the right way and what would you do :)?

Greetz F4t4l!tY

To tell you the truth, I don't think the insurance company will care about any software mods. Different story if you had to send it in to HTC.

F4t4l!tY

Apr 27, 2009
To tell you the truth, I don't think the insurance company will care about any software mods. Different story if you had to send it in to HTC.

Well, actually I would agree, but as they turn on the phone and a red warning pops up I could think of any crazy reason why they would deny the repair or exchange ^^.

Whatever that reason might be that would result in a broken glass caused by the software :D

Does the red text dissappear if I return S-ON, officially relock bootloader, stock recovery and cid?

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis
Well, actually I would agree, but as they turn on the phone and a red warning pops up I could think of any crazy reason why they would deny the repair or exchange ^^.

Whatever that reason might be that would result in a broken glass caused by the software :D

Does the red text dissappear if I return S-ON, officially relock bootloader, stock recovery and cid?

The only way to get rid off the red text is with a modifed HBOOT.

F4t4l!tY

Apr 27, 2009
The only way to get rid off the red text is with a modifed HBOOT.

Well ok, I feared that. You're not accidently fit in Hex-Editing :)?

As I said, I already backed up my hboot and edited it as the other hboots I founds with the wrong cid. But I'm afraid of flashing it without anyone else who knows something about hexediting took a second look at it.

Also does the hboot get overwritten by a NAND backup? So if I'll restore I would have to modify that hboot and not the one I'm currently at?

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis
Well ok, I feared that. You're not accidently fit in Hex-Editing :)?

As I said, I already backed up my hboot and edited it as the other hboots I founds with the wrong cid. But I'm afraid of flashing it without anyone else who knows something about hexediting took a second look at it.

Also does the hboot get overwritten by a NAND backup? So if I'll restore I would have to modify that hboot and not the one I'm currently at?
Sorry, have not done hexediting in a while. Hboot is part of firmware, does not get overwritten by restore backup.

F4t4l!tY

Apr 27, 2009
Alright but thanks anyway.
If there is someone out there who could help, i would appreciate that :).

Thx in advance!

Last edited:
Alright but thanks anyway.
If there is someone out there who could help, i would appreciate that :).

Thx in advance!
First you should flash the stock rom then stock recovery.This will remove your red text.then you should flash ruu.I would suggest not to change your cid.
Also if you are comfortable you can change your cid to supercid,mid to wwe mid then flash wwe fw and its recovery then flash the ruu.This will convert your phone to international htc with s-off and super cid and you will be able to take ota and you will have full 100% warranty.

F4t4l!tY

Apr 27, 2009
Hey Jyotirdeb,
thanks for your input.
But there is still the problem, that I have to come to T-MOB101 firmware and not the WWE. Furthermore as far as I have read, the red text will only disappear if I flash stock recovery, stock ROM AND S-ON again. At least without a modified HBOOT.

Other problem is, that there are as far as i know no RUUs available for the M8 up to now. Correct me if I'm mistaken. At least I didn't find one, especially for cid T-MOB101.

Hey Jyotirdeb,
thanks for your input.
But there is still the problem, that I have to come to T-MOB101 firmware and not the WWE. Furthermore as far as I have read, the red text will only disappear if I flash stock recovery, stock ROM AND S-ON again. At least without a modified HBOOT.

Other problem is, that there are as far as i know no RUUs available for the M8 up to now. Correct me if I'm mistaken. At least I didn't find one, especially for cid T-MOB101.

It is true that you have to be on stock rom and stock kernel.But you dont have to be s-on you can be s-off.And yes as far as I know there is EU ruu (unbranded) maybe you have to wait for hTC to release Ruu for other variant.I am sorry I cant be of more help.

F4t4l!tY

Apr 27, 2009
Hmm, strange thing, as I actually read it again that there must be s-on and everything stock, to get rid of it, but nevermind.

Really, where could I get that RUU from? As far as I know only the Sprint or Verizon Variant does have a RUU not the International One.
Furthermore would I need the RUU from T-Mobile as the release it with their branding, not HTC.

Hmm, strange thing, as I actually read it again that there must be s-on and everything stock, to get rid of it, but nevermind.

Really, where could I get that RUU from? As far as I know only the Sprint or Verizon Variant does have a RUU not the International One.
Furthermore would I need the RUU from T-Mobile as the release it with their branding, not HTC.

"Hmm, strange thing, as I actually read it again that there must be s-on and everything stock, to get rid of it, but nevermind."
If you have an s-on device you can change bootloader status to relocked but if you have soff device you can change bootloader stats to locked so you will get 100% warranty.I dont know about version or sprint but the ruu is available for unbranded EU model.

unifex_

Nov 4, 2014
The site is in german... use google chrome to translate.
You'll find everything you need to restore T-MOB101 M8.

http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/htc_o...ne_m8_firmwaresammlung_ruus_otas_backups.html

Actually, on that site there is a RUU for unbranded phones only. For T-MOB101 they have a nand backup and firmware. I'm still thinking whether I want to use that. That is, I have a similar issue as the OP, I mean, I want to reinstall Android, although I'm completely stock, unrooted, etc. It's just that the Lollipop update screwed everything up and I'm hoping that reinstalling will fix it. Unfortunately, for CID T-MOB101 no RUU is available. So, I either have to use the backup and then flash firmware, for which I have to root and install custom recovery first, or I have to wait till HTC comes up with Android 5.1.

Top Liked Posts