Search This thread

j_r17ca

Jul 9, 2010
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.20.2013) (AT&T)

Hi guys. I found that after updting from 2/15 version to latest, the bluetooth bug came back. It wont turn off. I dis a clean install with the latest task kernel. Anyone having this issue?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

SlothlyDX

May 14, 2012
Los Angeles

Hi guys. I found that after updting from 2/15 version to latest, the bluetooth bug came back. It wont turn off. I dis a clean install with the latest task kernel. Anyone having this issue?

Mine works perfect. I use it everyday so I don't know what happened to you? Fresh download maybe?

jrock60

Oct 13, 2009

Mine works perfect. I use it everyday so I don't know what happened to you? Fresh download maybe?

happened to me only the first time i used it. after a reboot it has not come back since.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Covart

Sep 22, 2012
Pismo Beach
How do i downlad anything since the pink initiaiting swagger screen has been rotating for the past hour . if i could get into recovery then id be in business.is it bricked???

You aren't bricked. That term is thrown around to often. I suggest you read up on how to get out of a boot loop. This is XDA, not AndroidCentral. You are expected to have a working understanding of how to root, unroot, load ROMs, use Odin, know where to find files you need and so on. And use the search button for gods sake.

P.S. Thanks for the work in adding the new commits into your latest version. Waited until the BT issues were fixed and now back on your ROM as my DD. Cheers.

Last edited:

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City

yes i pulled the battery ,left it out for a minute, inserted it back in and started back up but just wont get past this damn pink initiating screen thus cant get into recovery or download .if it would finish initializing then i could do something wth it((

Look here I have your answer!!!!

http://bit.ly/XoB705

USE IT NEXT TIME

Jonnyredcorn

Nov 7, 2011
Southgate
[ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.20.2013) (AT&T)

Okay, so after messing with this build a bit I have to say it's the best build task has ever put together. My phone has never ran so smoothly and all the features are just incredible. Who would want a Nexus 4 or Galaxy Nexus when you can have a Galaxy S3 running this amazing piece of AOSP software on this amazing piece of hardware(just wish Task had a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy Note II and built for those as well ;) ) However having left my phone to sit all last night and today I have to say I have noticed a pretty nasty battery drain. I have done nothing different in flashing this build or resetting up my preferences and apps, and I haven't experienced this type of drain before, so maybe someone can shed some light onto it. Only thing I can think of is I started using Google Now a week or two ago, and originally I never had this type of drain, but Google Now seems to be learning very quickly and providing more information than at the start so that may have something to do with it. I'll post the following pictures showing my battery stats, I notice Maps is running just about all the time, today I force stopped it 5 times, but I assume that has to do with Google Now. Anyways, if anyone else is experiencing a higher drain than normal please let me know. I am running Task's stock kernel, and have it OC'd to 1620, and set the Min to 486 since from my understanding 486mhz and 384mhz use the same voltage, unless Task UV'd the kernel, I haven't checked the Voltage control app to check. I'm running Interactive Governor and CFQ I/O as it's default.

Click the spoiler for the pictures of my battery stats.

uge7abat.jpg

u6yjy6at.jpg

ena2erun.jpg

If anyone has any recommendations for settings for Task's kernel please let me know, I had always used Ktoonez's kernel in the past up until 2 or 3 builds ago because tasks kernel was working very well and didn't see a need to change. My money is on google now though because of Map's being the main culprit of keeping my device awake anyhow. I was thinking of using setCPU to set my CPU so I can set Screen On & Screen Off profiles which seem to work wonders on my Galaxy Note 2.

Btw Task you are well known, I mentioned your name in Scrolser's(I think that's his user name, his real name is Scott, the Dev behind CleanROM for the Galaxy Note II) and he knows you and likes your work also. To me, he is the Task650 of TouchWiz because he made TouchWiz not only bearable, but very nice on my Note II with his CleanROM ACE) I prefer AOSP, but having a Note II it would be silly to use AOSP as I would lose all the cool features Samsung put in for use with the SPen, and I like having a device that has Allshare so I can use it with my Samsung DLNA TV. It's fun to change device from time to time too to keep from getting bored ;p

Sent from my Tablet

Last edited:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Okay, so after messing with this build a bit I have to say it's the best build task has ever put together. My phone has never ran so smoothly and all the features are just incredible. Who would want a Nexus 4 or Galaxy Nexus when you can have a Galaxy S3 running this amazing piece of AOSP software on this amazing piece of hardware(just wish Task had a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy Note II and built for those as well ;) ) However having left my phone to sit all last night and today I have to say I have noticed a pretty nasty battery drain. I have done nothing different in flashing this build or resetting up my preferences and apps, and I haven't experienced this type of drain before, so maybe someone can shed some light onto it. Only thing I can think of is I started using Google Now a week or two ago, and originally I never had this type of drain, but Google Now seems to be learning very quickly and providing more information than at the start so that may have something to do with it. I'll post the following pictures showing my battery stats, I notice Maps is running just about all the time, today I force stopped it 5 times, but I assume that has to do with Google Now. Anyways, if anyone else is experiencing a higher drain than normal please let me know. I am running Task's stock kernel, and have it OC'd to 1620, and set the Min to 486 since from my understanding 486mhz and 384mhz use the same voltage, unless Task UV'd the kernel, I haven't checked the Voltage control app to check. I'm running Interactive Governor and CFQ I/O as it's default.

Click the spoiler for the pictures of my battery stats.

If anyone has any recommendations for settings for Task's kernel please let me know, I had always used Ktoonez's kernel in the past up until 2 or 3 builds ago because tasks kernel was working very well and didn't see a need to change. My money is on google now though because of Map's being the main culprit of keeping my device awake anyhow. I was thinking of using setCPU to set my CPU so I can set Screen On & Screen Off profiles which seem to work wonders on my Galaxy Note 2.

Btw Task you are well known, I mentioned your name in Scrolser's(I think that's his user name, his real name is Scott, the Dev behind CleanROM for the Galaxy Note II) and he knows you and likes your work also. To me, he is the Task650 of TouchWiz because he made TouchWiz not only bearable, but very nice on my Note II with his CleanROM ACE) I prefer AOSP, but having a Note II it would be silly to use AOSP as I would lose all the cool features Samsung put in for use with the SPen, and I like having a device that has Allshare so I can use it with my Samsung DLNA TV. It's fun to change device from time to time too to keep from getting bored ;p

Sent from my Tablet

1.) No one can recommend kernel settings for your device because they don't have your device. You need to find what works best for your device.

2.) Stop using Google Now if you don't want battery drain.

3.) Note 2s are pieces of garbage in my opinion. This is a sgs3 thread. Let's keep it that way. Thanks. ;)

Reactions: MPurr

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
Okay, so after messing with this build a bit I have to say it's the best build task has ever put together. My phone has never ran so smoothly and all the features are just incredible. Who would want a Nexus 4 or Galaxy Nexus when you can have a Galaxy S3 running this amazing piece of AOSP software on this amazing piece of hardware(just wish Task had a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy Note II and built for those as well ;) ) However having left my phone to sit all last night and today I have to say I have noticed a pretty nasty battery drain. I have done nothing different in flashing this build or resetting up my preferences and apps, and I haven't experienced this type of drain before, so maybe someone can shed some light onto it. Only thing I can think of is I started using Google Now a week or two ago, and originally I never had this type of drain, but Google Now seems to be learning very quickly and providing more information than at the start so that may have something to do with it.

Just for future - maybe post the question/problem in one post, and the other stuff in another? Just to make replying a bit easier...

Anyway if you have location services enabled (GPS or just towers) Google Now will pull a LOT of battery. If you turn off location services, your battery will get better, but Google Now becomes far less useful. You'll have to judge which matters more.

Jonnyredcorn

Nov 7, 2011
Southgate
[ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.2 )Task650 (2.20.2013) (AT&T)

1.) No one can recommend kernel settings for your device because they don't have your device. You need to find what works best for your device.

2.) Stop using Google Now if you don't want battery drain.

3.) Note 2s are pieces of garbage in my opinion. This is a sgs3 thread. Let's keep it that way. Thanks. ;)

lol I know you hate the Note 2, I used to have that same feeling until I got one. It's basically a large International GS3 seeing as it has the Quad Core Exynos processor except with LTE, plus the battery life is amazing and I can easily get 3 days out of a charge with 5-8 hours of screen time w/ Google Now enabled. It's also fun to play with the Spen when bored.

Anyways I know you want to stick to this ROM in this thread which was my replies primary concern I just went off topic a bit.

I didn't notice any difference in battery drain on my Nexus 7 or Note 2 after enabling Google Now so I didn't think it would affect my GS3 neither. It seems after looking at CPUspy that my phone is spending around 25% of the time at 486 instead of the usual ~95% of deep sleep I'm accustomed too. On my Nexus 7 and Note 2 I still get that high % of deep sleep w/ Google Now enabled so that is why I feel it's odd. I'm gonna charge to %100 tonight and turn off Google Now and make sure Maps is not running before I sleep and see if there is a difference. I remember when I first flashed one of your JB builds back in the day that even with Google Now disabled Maps seemed to turn itself on and run very often and I would have to FC it manually...only to have it turn itself back on again later. I don't have that issue with other devices...but again like you said, this is a GS3 AOKP thread not a note2 or nexus 7 thread so I apologize, I was just using them to compare the fact that Google Now doesn't seem to have that effect on my other devices.

Like I said though despite the battery drain my GS3 has never run better and it seriously FLIES and everything is so smooth. I work at ATT and when a customer comes in asking for an iPhone 5, I show them my GS3 with your ROM on it, and how fast it is and how much better Googles Voice search is and how natural the voice responses are when compared to Siri the customers instantly change their mind about the iPhone, even die hard apple fans. The only sad thing is that the GS3 they get doesn't have your ROM on it....I've had customers come back later asking me to make their phone like mine, and my boss lets me root their phone and put your ROM on it. I had to make a contract of sorts though for them to sign to let them know their voiding their warranty and that we aren't responsible for anything that happens that they have to sign, even though I tell them that I can get their warranty back if ever needed. After my boss seen how many people come back and want their GS3 to run like mine he gave me permission to do it as long as I do it on my own time and charge them a small fee which I make a small commission off of which I originally declined but because he makes me do it at home on my own time I take it because he won't let me do it at the store obviously and if ever asked he knows nothing of it because I assume he and myself could get in a lot of trouble if it was done as an AT&T service and not third party(me). I wouldn't feel right charging people to do it because I didn't make the ROM, but I see the money I make from it as a sort of working from home payment. Plus since I work at a dealer, we make no money on iPhone sales, so it's in my boss(or rather owner of my dealer location) interest to do whatever it takes to sway people from the iPhone.

Sent from my Tablet

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
lol I know you hate the Note 2, I used to have that same feeling until I got one. It's basically a large International GS3 seeing as it has the Quad Core Exynos processor except with LTE, plus the battery life is amazing and I can easily get 3 days out of a charge with 5-8 hours of screen time w/ Google Now enabled. It's also fun to play with the Spen when bored.

Anyways I know you want to stick to this ROM in this thread which was my replies primary concern I just went off topic a bit.

I didn't notice any difference in battery drain on my Nexus 7 or Note 2 after enabling Google Now so I didn't think it would affect my GS3 neither. It seems after looking at CPUspy that my phone is spending around 25% of the time at 486 instead of the usual ~95% of deep sleep I'm accustomed too. On my Nexus 7 and Note 2 I still get that high % of deep sleep w/ Google Now enabled so that is why I feel it's odd. I'm gonna charge to %100 tonight and turn off Google Now and make sure Maps is not running before I sleep and see if there is a difference. I remember when I first flashed one of your JB builds back in the day that even with Google Now disabled Maps seemed to turn itself on and run very often and I would have to FC it manually...only to have it turn itself back on again later. I don't have that issue with other devices...but again like you said, this is a GS3 AOKP thread not a note2 or nexus 7 thread so I apologize, I was just using them to compare the fact that Google Now doesn't seem to have that effect on my other devices.

Like I said though despite the battery drain my GS3 has never run better and it seriously FLIES and everything is so smooth. I work at ATT and when a customer comes in asking for an iPhone 5, I show them my GS3 with your ROM on it, and how fast it is and how much better Googles Voice search is and how natural the voice responses are when compared to Siri the customers instantly change their mind about the iPhone, even die hard apple fans. The only sad thing is that the GS3 they get doesn't have your ROM on it....I've had customers come back later asking me to make their phone like mine, and my boss lets me root their phone and put your ROM on it. I had to make a contract of sorts though for them to sign to let them know their voiding their warranty and that we aren't responsible for anything that happens that they have to sign, even though I tell them that I can get their warranty back if ever needed. After my boss seen how many people come back and want their GS3 to run like mine he gave me permission to do it as long as I do it on my own time and charge them a small fee which I make a small commission off of which I originally declined but because he makes me do it at home on my own time I take it because he won't let me do it at the store obviously and if ever asked he knows nothing of it because I assume he and myself could get in a lot of trouble if it was done as an AT&T service and not third party(me). I wouldn't feel right charging people to do it because I didn't make the ROM, but I see the money I make from it as a sort of working from home payment. Plus since I work at a dealer, we make no money on iPhone sales, so it's in my boss(or rather owner of my dealer location) interest to do whatever it takes to sway people from the iPhone.

Sent from my Tablet

1.) It's nothing like a sgs3. It's a closed source device. It's half of a tablet and half of a phone and it can't even live up to either one of those types of devices fully. It's a horrible device. Please end it here with this as it doesn't pertain to what this thread is about. Let's keep on topic. Thanks.

2.) These whole "Novel" type posts are kind of getting out of hand here dude. Where is the development aspect of these posts? There's nothing but maybe a sentence or two out of the hundred sentences in your posts that remotely have anything to do with this thread.

3.) This is not a nexus device. So whether or not you think that Google Now should act the same on this device is another story. This Operating system is made for the Nexus line. Not for this device. That should explain it all. ;)

Last edited:

Lookitfast

Jun 7, 2012
Oklahoma
Thanks Task for all you"ve done to provide me & sooo many others with the resources & knowledge to have such an off the charts device...30K on the thanks meter is an outstanding mark my friend!:good::good::highfive::good::good:

Reactions: SeanHacker

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Thanks Task for all you"ve done to provide me & sooo many others with the resources & knowledge to have such an off the charts device...30K on the thanks meter is an outstanding mark my friend!:good::good::highfive::good::good:

I forgot all about that thanks meter. Never really pay much attention to it. I have too many now. They need to reset it. ;)

ziizy

Jan 12, 2012
Task, I'm pretty sure the reason you have 30k thanks, is because you have started a cult here. Unintentionally of course ;)

RPelham

Dec 19, 2012
Tampa

Alright I need some major help here guys. I flashed tasks 02/20 Rom and about a day using it, I was just about to go to bed, when my phone shut off randomly. Now it won't stay on, it will boot only to the samsung screen, and then it shuts off. Even in downloading mode, it won't even stay on long enough for me to try and re-flash back to stock. Any suggestions .. ? It's not a bootloop, I know what that is. Its it the battery .. I've had this before but the phone was able to stay on long enough for me to flash an emergency stock zip.

You'd be better off asking this in Q&A. This isn't ROM or Development related. This is a problem with your phone, not the ROM.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

NWLONEWOLF87

Apr 8, 2012
Seattle

Alright I need some major help here guys. I flashed tasks 02/20 Rom and about a day using it, I was just about to go to bed, when my phone shut off randomly. Now it won't stay on, it will boot only to the samsung screen, and then it shuts off. Even in downloading mode, it won't even stay on long enough for me to try and re-flash back to stock. Any suggestions .. ? It's not a bootloop, I know what that is. Its it the battery .. I've had this before but the phone was able to stay on long enough for me to flash an emergency stock zip.

Have you tried going into recovery and do a factory rest then wipe cache and dalvik cache? Remove the battery right before it reboot then put it back into the phone and boot into download mode. I had the same issue on my I9100G. Hopefully it works for you like it did for me :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB