[Q] is kitkat stable on s5830?

Search This thread

aurisltu

Aug 25, 2013
IOP its not worth. Once you install it will be running good but once you install 5 or more apps it will become slow.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: zigdi3
D

Deleted member 5617821

i saw this thread...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659269

i was wondering if it worth installing my girlfriend have s5830 but im looking for a stable and smooth rom... have you tried cm11 on this device and if is slow or laggy?

I completely agree with @aurisltu and @Viper The Ripper. CM 11 KitKat is still under development so its not completely stable. Also installing few apps can make it slow and laggy. But developers are currently working on it to make it stable and smooth. So you can check back in few months. In the mean time, you can go with CM 7.2 roms as they are much more stable and smooth. My personal suggestion,

AOSP GINGERBREAD 2.3.7 for Samsung Galaxy Ace by spacecaker

Hope I Helped :)

zim3

Apr 11, 2014
installed cm 11-20131225-experimental-cooper on s5830 using cwm 6
observations
1. camera not working (common problem)
2. cannot flash any file in recovery other thn cm11 or cwm6( working on solution)
3. laggy
4. UI impressive
:eek:

D

Deleted member 5617821

observations
2. cannot flash any file in recovery other thn cm11 or cwm6( working on solution)
3. laggy
4. UI impressive

There are also other versions of CM11 for Galaxy Ace that are flashable through CWM5. This way you can flash anything else you want with CWM5. Here is the link,

Kitkat For All

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zim3

zim3

Apr 11, 2014
emergency

about to cry
s5830. cwm6. cynogenmod11
I was facing a problem using cwm6 to flash files into my phone so experimented and replaced the cwm6 recovery image with the cwn5 recovery image using terminal emulator but when I tried to test the the experiment out I found tht my phone will neither boot nor does it boot into recovery mode it just mockingly displays the samsung logo. please help me unbrick my phone solutions will be greatly appreciated
NB. please post working links for the required downloads for fixs

D

Deleted member 5617821

about to cry
I was facing a problem using cwm6 to flash files into my phone so experimented and replaced the cwm6 recovery image with the cwn5 recovery image using terminal emulator but when I tried to test the the experiment out I found tht my phone will neither boot nor does it boot into recovery mode it just mockingly displays the samsung logo. please help me unbrick my phone solutions will be greatly appreciated

Can you boot into the Download Mode? To boot into the Download Mode, hold Vol Down+ Home+ Power button until you see the yellow "Downloading..." text on the screen. If you can go to Download Mode, then you can solve the problem by reinstalling the stock rom using odin. Here is the link on how to install stock rom using odin. Go to "Preparations" section to download all the necessary files including drivers.

Flash stock rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 using odin

Once installed, go to recoverymod and do a wipe data/ factory reset & wipe cache (otherwise bootloop might occur). Then restart. Now you have successfully flashed the stock rom. Here is the link for rooting and installing CWM 5 on Samsung Galaxy Ace,

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

If you can't enter the Download Mode normally, @SuperMini has provided us with a rather simple guide on how to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace. Go through the entire thread and you will get to know all the possible solutions. Here is the link,

How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

Do post the results. Hope I Helped :)

D

Deleted member 5617821

tried out the solution but i am stuck @ setup connection what should i do

You usually get the "setup connection" error when you are in the Emergency Download Mode instead of Download Mode. You go to Emergency Download Mode by holding down Volume Up + Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button in which it loads a screen that says "Emergency Download Mode" and you go to Download mode by holding down Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button in which it does load the correct download screen with the yellowish message that say "Downloading…". Please make sure you are going to the Download Mode. Then try to flash again. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IOP its not worth. Once you install it will be running good but once you install 5 or more apps it will become slow.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
    Wrong section mate, please read rules before posting...

Use customstock roms or cm7, cm9 or cm10.x... cm11 is still under development ;)
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    observations
    3. laggy
    4. UI impressive

There are also other versions of CM11 for Galaxy Ace that are flashable through CWM5. This way you can flash anything else you want with CWM5. Here is the link,

Kitkat For All

D
    Deleted member 5617821
    about to cry

Can you boot into the Download Mode? To boot into the Download Mode, hold Vol Down+ Home+ Power button until you see the yellow "Downloading..." text on the screen. If you can go to Download Mode, then you can solve the problem by reinstalling the stock rom using odin. Here is the link on how to install stock rom using odin. Go to "Preparations" section to download all the necessary files including drivers.

Flash stock rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 using odin

Once installed, go to recoverymod and do a wipe data/ factory reset & wipe cache (otherwise bootloop might occur). Then restart. Now you have successfully flashed the stock rom. Here is the link for rooting and installing CWM 5 on Samsung Galaxy Ace,

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

If you can't enter the Download Mode normally, @SuperMini has provided us with a rather simple guide on how to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace. Go through the entire thread and you will get to know all the possible solutions. Here is the link,

How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

Do post the results. Hope I Helped :)
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    tried out the solution but i am stuck @ setup connection what should i do

You usually get the "setup connection" error when you are in the Emergency Download Mode instead of Download Mode. You go to Emergency Download Mode by holding down Volume Up + Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button in which it loads a screen that says "Emergency Download Mode" and you go to Download mode by holding down Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button in which it does load the correct download screen with the yellowish message that say "Downloading…". Please make sure you are going to the Download Mode. Then try to flash again. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)