[Q] How severe is your backlight bleed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Robotized

Apr 12, 2014
I just upgraded to a Nexus 5 and I am noticing some light bleed while in the dark when my screen is black and the brightness is greater than 40%. I've only noticed it when looking for it, but it's bothering my OCD. I also understand some degree of bleed is normal for LCD panels, but I'm unable to spot it on my friends iPhone. So how severe does your Nexus 5 bleed when displaying black backgrounds in the dark? Please don't say it doesn't bleed unless you've checked.

To check, view a black background in the dark with 100% brightness.
or install "Backlight Bleed Test" from the Play Store.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good enough camera to accurately show my bleed. It's primarily in the top left corner with a little along the top edge.

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
My screen has a bit of bleed in down the left side next to the volume rocker. I only really notice it when the device is booting up though.

It does bother me a little, but not enough to return the phone.

Reactions: Robotized

MaCroX95

Oct 19, 2012
I am also getting bleed but that isn't really a problem for me because when it's dark i lower my brightness settings and when its brighter I increase it.... Phone on the other hand works awesomelly and full brightness is great compared to Galaxy devices I've been using before...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Robotized

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
The bigger the screen is the more chance for light bleed to occur.

Every LCD I've owned has had it to varying degrees, the N5 least of them all.

Robotized

Apr 12, 2014
Thanks for the responses everyone.

Sorry to those who might consider this a duplicate thread. I did notice some others, but I decided to make a new thread since most past post regarding bleed are from November to December and quality control could have improved since then.

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
I never had light bleed until I managed to somehow drop a blunt heavy object on the phone. It didn't crack the screen but now when I crank up the brightness I can see light bleeds near the volume buttons in dark backgrounds only. It gets to me but after I brought down my OCD a notch it's not so bad, as long as it doesn't interfere to normal operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The bigger the screen is the more chance for light bleed to occur.

Every LCD I've owned has had it to varying degrees, the N5 least of them all.

My screen has a bit of bleed in down the left side next to the volume rocker. I only really notice it when the device is booting up though.

It does bother me a little, but not enough to return the phone.
    I am also getting bleed but that isn't really a problem for me because when it's dark i lower my brightness settings and when its brighter I increase it.... Phone on the other hand works awesomelly and full brightness is great compared to Galaxy devices I've been using before...

Thread closed, please use THIS one for further discussions.

Thanks