[Q] I am lost..

Search This thread
Dec 7, 2013
Hello,

I just rooted my Moto G (CWM on it), but when I flashed a rom, is got stuck on the bootlogo.
I installed a newer version of CWM, and flashed a rom again, still stuck, and the newer version of CWM can't see my backup..
What now? please help me... :(

3RAN7ON

Nov 12, 2013
Phoenix
Hello,

I just rooted my Moto G (CWM on it), but when I flashed a rom, is got stuck on the bootlogo.
I installed a newer version of CWM, and flashed a rom again, still stuck, and the newer version of CWM can't see my backup..
What now? please help me... :(

Question 1: before you flashed the rom, what wipe options did you select?
Question 2: can u get into the bootloader?

3RAN7ON

Nov 12, 2013
Phoenix
I wiped cache and dalvik. (and I did factory reset to)
and yes, I can even start CWM, but I can't find my backup

So it's not in a bootloop anymore? I use TWRP not CWM but I wouldn't think that updating versions would change the source destination path of the backup. Sidenote: after I rooted and backedup my G for the first time, the auto generated name (which was that time/date stamp) had a weird date of sometime in the 1970's and I wasn't able to use that backup because it didn't backup the /system data for some reason. I could still see the backup tho, just not use it

Dec 7, 2013
So it's not in a bootloop anymore? I use TWRP not CWM but I wouldn't think that updating versions would change the source destination path of the backup.

Nope, no bootloop, I hold the powerbutton for 5 seconds. But that I can't find my backups is the real problem, I really can't find my backup anywhere (I can use a filemanager in CWM)

3RAN7ON

Nov 12, 2013
Phoenix
Nope, no bootloop, I hold the powerbutton for 5 seconds. But that I can't find my backups is the real problem, I really can't find my backup anywhere (I can use a filemanager in CWM)

I can't say where the backup went but if u freshly unlocked and rooted it before backing up, there can't be that much data lost! You would need to just reflash the stock firmware and backup if that is your intent; to have a stock backup :laugh: and I'm happy it's no longer in a bootloop. I would suggest going forward to save nandroid backups to usb-otg storage device so it can't be wiped from the phone.

chairsz

Aug 31, 2011
Darkside
Mfastboot wipes everything

Sent from my Moto G using xda premium

I faced a similar issue and i have found a answer another user gave me after countless "did you wipe this/ DID YOU WIPE THAT? responses"

what i did was i downgraded to JB 4.3 img ad once i flashed that and it booted up and flashed the philz edition cwm and then i was able to insatll a custom rom.

before this i was on stck 4.4.2 and NO custom rom booted past bootlogo until this solution.

btw i donwgraded to 4.3 in fastboot and flashed custom rom in cmw.

Bert98

Jul 24, 2012
Padova
Moto G
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
I faced a similar issue and i have found a answer another user gave me after countless "did you wipe this/ DID YOU WIPE THAT? responses"

what i did was i downgraded to JB 4.3 img ad once i flashed that and it booted up and flashed the philz edition cwm and then i was able to insatll a custom rom.

before this i was on stck 4.4.2 and NO custom rom booted past bootlogo until this solution.

btw i donwgraded to 4.3 in fastboot and flashed custom rom in cmw.

When you downgraded to JB did you also wipe the internal SD or did you just flash system and kernel via fastboot?

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts