[GUIDE] Hellfire SGS3 Roms

Search This thread

da-pharoah

Mar 24, 2009
Seacoast near Joppa
Hellions

all things related to x0xhellx0x rom's and other HellfireJelly tweaks / fixes / add-ons

So first off this is pretty much going to house the same information that the g2x guide that TOG565 and I did. Obviously this will be for the SGS3. The original post here.

This is the place where we ease the burden on HELL and utilize open source for its' intended purpose...to help one another for FREE! Kinda like kickin apple, windows, etc. directly in the balls. Please ask your questions regarding issues here. If we cannot figure it out, they will be forwarded to the master. While this is an open thread there are a few rules:

1.) Stop what you are doing and go thank HELL...we'll wait..... (if your out of thanks use the xda premium app, you get unlim thanks)

2.) READ!!!!! And when you think you've read enough....READ some more!

3.) No complaining about tweaks the DEV built into the ROM. More than likely it is just eye candy which is easily removed. Personally, most enjoy the eye candy and is what separates DEV's from each other. Remember, they do this for us for free and could easily dev their rom as they like it and share it with no one. If you do not like something, o.k. ill say it i.e. flames, just read up on how to change it.

4.) For specific issues regarding rom's daily driver performance or if you find something that has helped, please submit via xda PM to me so we can keep the thread clean and reader friendly. If you like certain themes, apps, apps that created an issue, etc. you can post here with screen shots. Let's open it up a bit but stay on task.

For the noobs, not a bad word, we were all there at one point too, please seek-out other threads for CWM / rooting issues. These have been addressed by some great dev's on here. Give them their due and seek-out the answers on their threads; thanking them appropriately.

Here we go........

HELPFUL HINTS:

1.) DO NOT use CWM mount/storage to load zip files onto your SD. There has been a known issue with CWM corrupting the files during transfer. Use a stick/adapter and load directly from PC. INSTEAD FOR THE SGS3 I RECOMEND TWRP FOR YOUR CHOICE OF RECOVERY

2.) Ensure you have at least 50% battery left

3.) DO NOT touch the Galaxy for AT LEAST for ten minutes after first boot. Allow the ROM to 'move in' before changing the furniture.

4.) Complete several on/off cycles BEFORE you report an issue.

5.) Reboot at least once daily so that things can get moved back to their proper spots after the party.

6.) UPDATE your apps when installing an updated rom!!!!! Apps are one of the biggest causes of issue's with new roms as the app dev's struggle to keep-up with the master. Worst case you have to uninstall and re-install some apps.

7.) SEEK your answer first...i.e. slow data - check your settings, is the proper one checked, cycle through them all to see if it repairs itself, etc.

8.) When in doubt wipe it out, fix the permissions and reboot

9.) Ensure you have updated super user or supersu and checked unknown sources under security in settings.

10.) If you have done it all and first boot isn't running right...do it over but skip Google load on first run. Follow through everything else, let sit, reboot then load. If you are still having issue's then, and only then, should you be asking for help.

11.) If all resources are exhausted and you are standing on a ledge....ask away but please, please include what you have done to your phone after ruining its' Virginesque state. i.e. ov'd, uc'd, donkey punched, v6'd, dropped in the toilet, changed kernels, etc. We use this info to compare with other known issues or to try and replicate your exception/process failure while "seeing" what the source of the issue is.

***These are just SUGGESTIONS - don't be the one moron who asks why it is so or that you've never done these and your phone could beat up my phone, etc. If you use them great, if you do not great, if you lit yourself on fire great........etc., etc.

x0xHELLx0x's SGS3 Rom's:​

HellFire Jelly, TMOUS

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904120

HellFire Jelly, ATT

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1971952

INSTALL GUIDE:

*****If you use a link here THANK the respective DEV's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****ensure you have CWM, or TWRP installed and are ROOTED*****
search threads on how to's or if you are unsure

CWM Touch

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1766552

TWRP <- just basically use this. It’s really sweet!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1771946

The Install:

1.) Backup your current setup to make sure have something to go back to thats stable just in case

2.) Download and transfer ROM zip & other file(s) to SD Card in Galaxy

3.) Power down, then power into recovery.

4.) Factory wipe with format of /system and the caches

5.) Flash Rom and fix permissions.

6.) Reboot
*****DO NOT touch the lil hellion no matter how he temps you for 10 minutes
*****If you notice after 10 minutes that you have no data connection, IMMEDIATELY reboot*****

7.) Set-up, reboot

8.) Enjoy

That’s it for now. Will add lots more later. Thanks to TOG565 for letting me liberate his words. Thanks to Hell for doing what he does. Thanks for all the devs who work tirelessly on XDA to provide us with such awesomeness!! And of course thanks end users just like you.

Last edited:
Reactions: SevnSins

da-pharoah

Mar 24, 2009
Seacoast near Joppa
ADDONS / TWEAKS / MODS AND SUCH.

So first at bat we have Jblah's amazing page: Sig/Avatar/Wallpaper/Themes/Others] HellFire Rom

Yes its listed in the g2x forum and yes you can use any of the images there. Feel free and enjoy!! Dont forget to use that thanks button!

KERNELS

****If you notice an issue after flashing/installing these please go to DEV's page and present it there****

Ktoonsez -> [KERNEL][TMO][AOSP/Touchwiz][JELLYBEAN & ICS]

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1871946

morfic -> [DER KERNEL] Trinity GST - TMO [ICS/CM9/CM10]

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1777472

faux123 -> d2-tmo/att/vzw-ICS/JB[Linux 3.0.43]kernel for AOSP/AOKP/CM9/10 ROMs

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1777472

Log_Cats

Ok so sone folks have no clue how to get a log_cat to show errors or FC's, here is how to do it:

1. Grab your self a log_cat app such as aLogcat (free) - logcat or Log Viewer (logcat) or similar.

2. If your issue IS NOT CONSTANT REBOOTS then after installing one of the above apps or similar then open it up and attempt to do what you did to get the error or FC. Then go back to the log_cat app and export the file for us to view.

3. Edit the log_cat if your familiar to show the error or not if your unfamiliar.

4. If your issue is constant reboots then you need to plugin via usb to your pc and get the log_cat via adb or using an adb app for win or ubuntu such as Android Commander or Droid Explorer

5. Once log_cat is exported/gathered POST IT IN THIS THREAD. Dont matter how. Link it, use '[ code ] [ /code ]' (<- without spaces of course), or your choice just get us the info

Last edited:

da-pharoah

Mar 24, 2009
Seacoast near Joppa
ok so ima take this post to post a wicked tip to make your xda reading ability much better. Some peeps know, some dont.

So basically in the xda app via your pc click on your USER CP -> Edit Options -> Number of Posts to Show Per Page -> select 50.

In the xda android app go to (if your rocking the latest version btw) more -> settings -> Posts per page -> select 50.

I cant tell you how many times Ive read peeps complaining about having to go through hundreds of pages to read 10 posts at a time. Please do your self a favor and change the above two settings. You wont regret it.

Last edited:

sky14

Sep 26, 2012
after flashing the rom successfully im still not getting any data activation ive tried all three kernals and still not working
but when i flash back to wn rom it works fine

any idea?

thanks

NICEGYPT

Dec 31, 2007
Grovetown
after flashing the rom successfully im still not getting any data activation ive tried all three kernals and still not working

any idea?

thanks

Did u flash gapps?

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

I loved your rom man. But my only issue was the battery. drain for 100% to 1% in 4 hours maximum. I had to go back to TW roms again. :(

da-pharoah

Mar 24, 2009
Seacoast near Joppa
Did u flash gapps?

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

I loved your rom man. But my only issue was the battery. drain for 100% to 1% in 4 hours maximum. I had to go back to TW roms again. :(

No worries.. the very first release can't an always be perfect. The beta for 1.1 I'm rocking now I'm getting at least 17hrs on it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

da-pharoah

Mar 24, 2009
Seacoast near Joppa

any idea?

thanks

So since this a guide thread and u didnt state the obvious, did u follow the guide? If so you shouldn't have those issues.. u need a full wipe before installing Hellfire Jelly.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

mwsp

Jan 8, 2011
error when flashing

Hopefully somebody on here can help me, sorry ahead of time if I'm doing something stupid.

I just rooted my t-mo sgs3 using the one-click samsung snapdragon tool kit. I got superuser, titanium backup works just fine. When trying to flash this rom (version 1.1) I did a full wipe, wiped cache, wiped dalvik, flash the rom and i get the following error message:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") +== "
d2tmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") = "d2tmo"
E:Error in /sdcard/samsungHFJ1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Any ideas why this will not flash? I tried downloading to the computer and transferring the file as well as downloading straight to the phone.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Ok, figured it out. My recovery was bad so I changed to twrp and now its working great

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hellions

all things related to x0xhellx0x rom's and other HellfireJelly tweaks / fixes / add-ons

So first off this is pretty much going to house the same information that the g2x guide that TOG565 and I did. Obviously this will be for the SGS3. The original post here.

This is the place where we ease the burden on HELL and utilize open source for its' intended purpose...to help one another for FREE! Kinda like kickin apple, windows, etc. directly in the balls. Please ask your questions regarding issues here. If we cannot figure it out, they will be forwarded to the master. While this is an open thread there are a few rules:

1.) Stop what you are doing and go thank HELL...we'll wait..... (if your out of thanks use the xda premium app, you get unlim thanks)

2.) READ!!!!! And when you think you've read enough....READ some more!

3.) No complaining about tweaks the DEV built into the ROM. More than likely it is just eye candy which is easily removed. Personally, most enjoy the eye candy and is what separates DEV's from each other. Remember, they do this for us for free and could easily dev their rom as they like it and share it with no one. If you do not like something, o.k. ill say it i.e. flames, just read up on how to change it.

4.) For specific issues regarding rom's daily driver performance or if you find something that has helped, please submit via xda PM to me so we can keep the thread clean and reader friendly. If you like certain themes, apps, apps that created an issue, etc. you can post here with screen shots. Let's open it up a bit but stay on task.

For the noobs, not a bad word, we were all there at one point too, please seek-out other threads for CWM / rooting issues. These have been addressed by some great dev's on here. Give them their due and seek-out the answers on their threads; thanking them appropriately.

Here we go........

HELPFUL HINTS:

1.) DO NOT use CWM mount/storage to load zip files onto your SD. There has been a known issue with CWM corrupting the files during transfer. Use a stick/adapter and load directly from PC. INSTEAD FOR THE SGS3 I RECOMEND TWRP FOR YOUR CHOICE OF RECOVERY

2.) Ensure you have at least 50% battery left

3.) DO NOT touch the Galaxy for AT LEAST for ten minutes after first boot. Allow the ROM to 'move in' before changing the furniture.

4.) Complete several on/off cycles BEFORE you report an issue.

5.) Reboot at least once daily so that things can get moved back to their proper spots after the party.

6.) UPDATE your apps when installing an updated rom!!!!! Apps are one of the biggest causes of issue's with new roms as the app dev's struggle to keep-up with the master. Worst case you have to uninstall and re-install some apps.

7.) SEEK your answer first...i.e. slow data - check your settings, is the proper one checked, cycle through them all to see if it repairs itself, etc.

8.) When in doubt wipe it out, fix the permissions and reboot

9.) Ensure you have updated super user or supersu and checked unknown sources under security in settings.

10.) If you have done it all and first boot isn't running right...do it over but skip Google load on first run. Follow through everything else, let sit, reboot then load. If you are still having issue's then, and only then, should you be asking for help.

11.) If all resources are exhausted and you are standing on a ledge....ask away but please, please include what you have done to your phone after ruining its' Virginesque state. i.e. ov'd, uc'd, donkey punched, v6'd, dropped in the toilet, changed kernels, etc. We use this info to compare with other known issues or to try and replicate your exception/process failure while "seeing" what the source of the issue is.

***These are just SUGGESTIONS - don't be the one moron who asks why it is so or that you've never done these and your phone could beat up my phone, etc. If you use them great, if you do not great, if you lit yourself on fire great........etc., etc.

x0xHELLx0x's SGS3 Rom's:​

HellFire Jelly, TMOUS

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904120

HellFire Jelly, ATT

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1971952

INSTALL GUIDE:

*****If you use a link here THANK the respective DEV's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****ensure you have CWM, or TWRP installed and are ROOTED*****
    search threads on how to's or if you are unsure

CWM Touch

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1766552

TWRP <- just basically use this. It’s really sweet!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1771946

The Install:

1.) Backup your current setup to make sure have something to go back to thats stable just in case

2.) Download and transfer ROM zip & other file(s) to SD Card in Galaxy

3.) Power down, then power into recovery.

4.) Factory wipe with format of /system and the caches

5.) Flash Rom and fix permissions.

6.) Reboot
    *****DO NOT touch the lil hellion no matter how he temps you for 10 minutes
    *****If you notice after 10 minutes that you have no data connection, IMMEDIATELY reboot*****

7.) Set-up, reboot

8.) Enjoy

That’s it for now. Will add lots more later. Thanks to TOG565 for letting me liberate his words. Thanks to Hell for doing what he does. Thanks for all the devs who work tirelessly on XDA to provide us with such awesomeness!! And of course thanks end users just like you.