[ROM] Clean ROM - Stock UI - RTM 8858 Base - Focus v1.3 - 7.8 Official

Search This thread

castrow

Jul 29, 2009
Bogota
Voluptuary. You're the best. Best ROM!! I tried to send some of your cabs using the cab xbmod sender but i got an error that did not let the phone boot normally. I had to reflash. Any advice?

2GStyle

May 12, 2007
I was curious if it is at all possible to make the phone use Nokia Drive from within Bing local scout / search rather than having to copy/paste info into it?

I may be off here but I alwasy thought that apps like Nokia Drive were supposed to show up in the apps tab when you are looking at the info of a store/cafe for quick access/use of said app.

If it can be done this would be very high on my list of suggested tweaks but if it is not oh well and keep up the amazing work.

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Voluptuary. You're the best. Best ROM!! I tried to send some of your cabs using the cab xbmod sender but i got an error that did not let the phone boot normally. I had to reflash. Any advice?

What CAB? That isn't normal at all. In the future just send with the backup option and then if you get an error you should be able to restore your phone. Also it is always best to be sure your battery is fully charged when updating/flashing

I was curious if it is at all possible to make the phone use Nokia Drive from within Bing local scout / search rather than having to copy/paste info into it?

I may be off here but I alwasy thought that apps like Nokia Drive were supposed to show up in the apps tab when you are looking at the info of a store/cafe for quick access/use of said app.

If it can be done this would be very high on my list of suggested tweaks but if it is not oh well and keep up the amazing work.

No, Drive doesn't even do that on my Nokia Lumia 800. It's just not how drive was programmed.

Reactions: castrow

woodbane

Jan 25, 2008
How long will you develop for Samsung Focus?

Hey voluptuary,

Do you think you'll be upgrading to any other phone in the near future?

Will you stop developing for the Focus at this point or do you think you'll at least try and cook a ROM that has the latest / last set of updates available for the Focus?

Just wondering? :D

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Hey voluptuary,

Do you think you'll be upgrading to any other phone in the near future?

Will you stop developing for the Focus at this point or do you think you'll at least try and cook a ROM that has the latest / last set of updates available for the Focus?

Just wondering? :D

I've already moved on from my Focus some time ago as my day to day phone. I just use it now to tinker. I have all intentions on cooking and playing with the future releases from MS but no one knows for sure that the future holds.

Reactions: woodbane

mcorrie1121

Jul 4, 2007
Oregon
Just recently picked up my Focus again and am loving your ROM! Anywho, just to verify, does the following mean that Zune updates, and therefore the WP7 Backup Tool, works?

support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, CeesHeim, contable-miro, and voluptuary cab updates

avi!

Jan 27, 2011
I am new totally new to Win 7. I just received my phone through post & I am tinkering with it :p

What is the main difference between Clean ROM Mango and Tango ? Which is advisable to install ?

Thank you :)

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
I am new totally new to Win 7. I just received my phone through post & I am tinkering with it :p

What is the main difference between Clean ROM Mango and Tango ? Which is advisable to install ?

Thank you :)

Mango is built from a retail release where as Tango is built from a beta release. On the surface they are very similar. There a few extra features on Tango mainly dealing MMS but some of them are broken anyways. Personally I use Mango on my phone, but either is fine to install. Make sure your phone is a v1.3 one though before you flash either of the ROM's (check under the battery).

Last edited:

xflier

Nov 4, 2008
This is the best rom i dave used so far. Except mms, everything is working. Used for about 3 weeks already. Very cool.

A question to ask,is it just me that battery drain issue come back in this version ??

I did some tests that it drops about 2-3% per hour.

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
It shouldn't be since I haven't put 'Extra Settings' back in. It could be that maybe you have some more background apps now since you have been using it a little while now vs a fresh flash with no background apps running.

xflier

Nov 4, 2008
Thanks for your reply, i will try disable all background processes, and let's see.thanks again.

Technosquid

Feb 3, 2012
I had a strange experience using the Tango 2.00 ROM on my Focus 1.3. A day or two after flashing, the phone would start making the windows phone startup sound perpetually any time the phone was on. I never found out if there was a way to stop this, or why it was happening. I just did a hard reset a few times, set everything up again, and a day or two later, it would start happening again.

Anyway, I ended up going with your latest version of the Mango ROM instead, and so far the problem hasn't returned. I'm not expecting support for this issue, I just thought I'd share.

This may be a total outlier situation anyway, because I bought this phone used off ebay with a defect -- the cellular antenna seems to be broken. Was setting it up for a friend as WiFi-only PMP and XBOX Live game app player (to help feed his gamerscore addiction.)

I skimmed through all the posts from the last month and didn't find this issue mentioned, so I apologize if it has been covered before in earlier posts.

Technosquid

Feb 3, 2012
I had a strange experience using the Tango 2.00 ROM on my Focus 1.3. A day or two after flashing, the phone would start making the windows phone startup sound perpetually any time the phone was on. I never found out if there was a way to stop this, or why it was happening. I just did a hard reset a few times, set everything up again, and a day or two later, it would start happening again.

Anyway, I ended up going with your latest version of the Mango ROM instead, and so far the problem hasn't returned. I'm not expecting support for this issue, I just thought I'd share.

This may be a total outlier situation anyway, because I bought this phone used off ebay with a defect -- the cellular antenna seems to be broken. Was setting it up for a friend as WiFi-only PMP and XBOX Live game app player (to help feed his gamerscore addiction.)

I skimmed through all the posts from the last month and didn't find this issue mentioned, so I apologize if it has been covered before in earlier posts.

Nevermind. The the phone started doing it with the Mango ROM installed, too. Must be a problem with the phone.

jlink38

Dec 30, 2010
So I ended up with another 1.3 Focus and I'm loving this ROM! I'm on 1.30 as I'd rather be sure everything is working, and I do send MMS from time to time. All in all this forum makes me not want to upgrade my Focus to anything else!

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
Was setting it up for a friend as WiFi-only PMP and XBOX Live game app player (to help feed his gamerscore addiction.)
I've recently moved to a Lumia 900, so I set up my Focus as a Gaming Only machine also. It's quite impressive how nice it is for that. I've got this Tango ROM installed, and using only WiFi, the battery lasts easily a day with my Grandson playing on it. Also, the screen is so incredibly clear and bright, it's a GREAT game platform.

red12355

Jan 9, 2012
Is it me or does live tile for music & video not work in the 1.3 release?

edit: nevermind, it was because I just flashed and didn't play any songs yet.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok folks, I've been running versions of my newest build on my Focus, Lumia 800, and HD2 now for about a week and all three devices are rock solid so time for a public release.

So here are the fruits of my labor. My goal was to stay as minimal and as stock as possible. Windows Phone as it is supposed to be. Most of the changes are 'under-the-hood' type changes so your device will still look stock but you will have all the perks of a fully unlocked ROM. There is support cooked in for ultrashot's packages but the XAP's have been left out. This way if you want them you can side-load them but for those that don't there is no extra clutter to worry about. For those using build 3.00 (does not apply to 3.05+) to make things easier for you all I have included the two most important ultrashot XAP's at the bottom of this post. You will need to side-load AccountManager if you want the ability to run programs that need 'Root' and if you want the ability to install XAP's via IE you will need to side-load XapDeployer. For those that aren't concerned with any of this you don't have to do anything.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR PHONE EXPLODES OR ANYTHING ELSE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

【ROM Version】 Clean ROM 3.10a

【SYS Languages】 GER/ENG/ESP/FRA/ITA

【Model of Device】 SGH-I917 Rev 1.3

【OS Version】 7.10.8858.136

-official nokia rtm base
    -full unlock via ultrashot unlocks
    -csc support implemented
    -original five focus display languages only
    -original microsoft wallpapers and ringtones only
    -nokia drive included
    -removed now hub
    -removed att & rogers branding in internet explorer
    -fixed color banding
    -internet connection sharing enabled
    -diagnosis auto-installed
    -network profile auto-installed
    -high fidelity position auto-installed
    -htc app drivers included
    -flip to silence package included
    -dlna support package included
    -sd storage unlock
    -gray accent added
    -disabled system logging
    -added ability to set static ip
    -added ability to change default search provider
    -other minor tweaks and improvments

*support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, and voluptuary CAB updates

THANKS: DFT Team, AnDim, OSBuilder Team, xboxmod, ultrashot, ceesheim, mirolg, contable, Heathcliff74 and Microsoft

EXTRA THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR DONATIONS: RonV42

BUGS: Let me know.

OTHER: While I have included ultrashot's unlocks and added support for his SearchKeySettings the SearchKeySettings XAP is not installed. If you would like this functionality you will have to install it. Support for SearchKeySettings has been removed as of build 1.25 because it broke voice search in bing.

BATTERY: Some users have suggested that perhaps 'Extra Settings' uses extra battery. So I have attached to this post a XAP that will 'pull' 'Extra Settings' from the 'Settings' menu thus allowing it to be uninstalled. Extra Settings has been removed as of build 1.25.

As always, if you like my work please click "THANKS" ;)

DOWNLOAD build 3.10a - WP 7.8
    DOWNLOAD build 2.01a - Tango
    DOWNLOAD build 1.30 - Mango
    If you have trouble downloading try using IE9, it should work then.

MIRROR of builds 1.10, 1.20, 1.20a, 1.25, 2.00 <- Thanks SuperSport

MIRROR of builds 1.30, 2.00 <- Thanks HaVoKeR
    HOW TO INSTALL:

0.) Have MAGLDR installed on your phone and Samsung Drivers installed on your PC
    1.) Place the zip files 'OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF + DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe + rapitool.exe' in a folder
    2.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    3.) Right when the screen goes black press and hold 'voldown + camera'
    4.) Press '<-' (cancel)
    5.) Plug your phone into your PC
    6.) Flash OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF with DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe
    7.) Wait
    8.) Go through the setup wizard on phone
    9.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    10.) Enjoy and press 'thanks' below (optional)

EXTRA CAB's (these work with build 1.20 and later): These probably won't work well with build 3.00

1.) contable's full system skin *!*first you MUST send the REMOVE CAB to uninstall the old Storage Lock*!*
    2.) extra accents (zebra, nokia blue, htc green) and themes (night, blood, ocean, jungle) <- Build 1.25 and later
    3.) XBOX Live & Office icon 'fixer'
    You are the BEST voluptuary!! THank you so much! Everything is working smooth :)

No problem, I'm glad that solved everything for you. All I ask is if you are happy with my work just click the "Thanks" button ;)
    congratulation to your first ROM :cool:
    This release is to make sure all the backend changes I made function properly before Tango comes out so that I can be sure any quirks that might pop up then are not comming from anything I have done here. So please if you notice anything that is 'not quite right' please post it. That said this should be very stable.

-dft 8107 base
    -dft 'extras' removed (lockscreen, accents, ect.)
    -ultrashot unlocks (interop, xbl, full) *new
    -fixed color banding
    -fixed internet connection sharing
    -htc drivers (v1) *new
    -diagnosis app pre-installed (##634# call removed)
    -network profile pre-installed
    -removed now hub
    -removed help & how-to
    -removed att & rogers favorites in internet explorer
    -original five focus display languages only
    -original microsoft wallpapers and ringtones only
    -extra settings (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -high fidelity position (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -sd storage unlock
    -skydrive & skype & weather
    -nokia drive (v2.0 unbranded) *new
    -csc support implemented (more like factory firmwares) *new
    -my accents and themes (full 3rd party app support, only rom with this right now)
    -minor under the hood tweaks *new
    -support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, CeesHeim, contable-miro, and voluptuary cab updates *new

DOWNLOAD LINK IN FIRST POST :)