[ROM][AOSP][4.0.4] CM9 Kang *Updated 6/12 6:40pm*

Search This thread

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Hey winner00 just want to say great work.

One question I had is will the new build have a working Google Wallet? With Google giving away free money like they are its very tempting to stay stock to spend the money if its not working on a custom rom :p

What I am going to do when I get mine is root-unlock then do google wallet and stay stock til I spend my 50 bucks which will probably be quick :) I will go buy a video game or something :p

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Running the new update - AWESOME - it just keeps getting better.

I did want to make a suggestion for anyone looking to 'tweak' their phone a little more - there are several custom scripts created by Zepplinrox that are phenomenal - they take a great rom like this and add even more speed and reduce lag - and on and on...really nice stuff. You probably know about it already - V6 Supercharger

you can find all the latestet scripts here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021 You will need to save the Scripts as "PDF FILES" to your computer (right click on the file - save as and make sure the file you download is named a .pdf file - )

There are three scripts of interest - V6 Supercharger Update 9 RC8.2 | 3g Turbocharger and Kickass Kernalizer tweaks - Full instructions posted at the Zepplinrox post I offered above -

Download the scripts to your SD card and make sure you have Script Manager or something like it installed on your phone.

Then you will need to add a modified services jar file to your phone - download the attachement I have added to this post - put it on your SD card and then using ROOT EXPLORER - move the modified services jar file to system/framework - replacing the services jar file you have there now. (Zepplinrox created a web based application that modifies the Services Jar File for ICS Roms to allow the settings of his V6 Supercharger to stick. I used that to modify the services jar file I attached here.

Once you have added the "die hard modified Services jar File" to your phone - reboot (I don't know if this is absolutely necessary but I do it just to be sure) and then open Scrpt Manager and find the V6 Supercharger Script on your SD card - select it - click on the little anrdoid guy (upper left) to 'run as root" and then click Run.

Follow on screen instructions to select your options - when it comes to select the script you want to run - For the Nexus I am using Option 9 to optimize ram and option 21 (lag nullifier)

It makes an amazing ROM even better - lightning fast - smooth as butter - I have yet to experience any issues -

I hope this is helpful for you - I used to run these scripts on my EPIC 4 g - and loved the results - I am amazed at what they do for this Incredible PHone - the NEXUS!

If this helps and you find it useful - make sure to hit thanks! :)

Attachments

• services.jar
    885.5 KB · Views: 10

marcusva79

Feb 5, 2010
Little Elm, TX
The only thing I keep getting is bad mms compression. Screenshots and everything I send are pixelated. Is there a setting to fix that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

ipatella

Jun 25, 2010
Can anyone confirm this for me?

When I'm on cdma/lte my 3g works perfectly fine, but when im on cdma only, it goes out after a while.

edit: it seems to be working now, don't know what my 3g issue is.

Last edited:

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
I found this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531222

and it says it works on all phones with a deodexed CM9 rom - it also says specifically it works on the Galaxy Nexus -I am going to try it - it looks like it has a ton of options - can't wait to check it ou - :)
Flashing this opened up a TON of possibilities inside the CM9 ROM - so cool - and in many ways reminds me of the contols you get in AOKP ROMs with "ROM MANAGER" - which is baked into those roms, only this gives you more control over all aspects of the UI - RELOADED ICS - after you have flashed it - gives you the ability to change the Carrier Text you see on the Notification Drawer - you can chnage colors of the status bar, - buttons - widget styles - menus - everything - honestly, for me it is almost too much - I don't need to mess with half of the things they offer - for those that know what they are doing, they could do some pretty cool stuff - like having the ability to theme your phone in real time - it is an amazing ap.

I chose to not use themes after I made a few text changes and button choices and it helped me personalize my phone without sacrificing the nice clean look that this rom already has.

Thumbs up for anyone who wants to have a little more control over theming on CM9 -

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Flashing this opened up a TON of possibilities inside the CM9 ROM - so cool - and in many ways reminds me of the contols you get in AOKP ROMs with "ROM MANAGER" - which is baked into those roms, only this gives you more control over all aspects of the UI - RELOADED ICS - after you have flashed it - gives you the ability to change the Carrier Text you see on the Notification Drawer - you can chnage colors of the status bar, - buttons - widget styles - menus - everything - honestly, for me it is almost too much - I don't need to mess with half of the things they offer - for those that know what they are doing, they could do some pretty cool stuff - like having the ability to theme your phone in real time - it is an amazing ap.

I chose to not use themes after I made a few text changes and button choices and it helped me personalize my phone without sacrificing the nice clean look that this rom already has.

Thumbs up for anyone who wants to have a little more control over theming on CM9 -

What about soft keys? :confused:

BK553

Jan 6, 2008
St. Louis
The GPS error I get in logcat is

E/GpsLocationProvider( 208): set_position_mode failed in startNavigating()

when beginning gps initialization.

The GPS error I get in logcat is

E/GpsLocationProvider( 208): set_position_mode failed in startNavigating()

when beginning gps initialization.

i just fixed it!

the actual error was NOT the above..

this was the actual error

Code:
E/HAL     (  212): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]:   122 could not load needed library 'lib_gsd4t.so' for 'gps.omap4.so' (load_library[1120]: Library 'lib_gsd4t.so' not found)

to fix this. we need to place this file in the proper location. I pulled the file from the vzw gnex cm9 nightlies.

unzip the attached file & place it in /system/lib

Code:
unzip lib_gsd4t.so.zip
adb push lib_gsd4t.so /system/lib
adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/lib_gsd4t.so
adb reboot

FULLY WORKING GPS w00t w00t

Attachments

• lib_gsd4t.so.zip
    1 MB · Views: 117

Top Liked Posts