Brazilian thread SGS2 i9100 (ROMs, CSC, PT-BR language, etc)

Search This thread

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
Can anyone send me this Firmware (GT-I9100_ZTO_I9100UHKE4_I9100UHKE2_I9100ZTOKE2)?

I had one copy on my pendrive but I've lost it...
=/

I've found this thread that mentions this firmware, but points to dead links on multiupload

Check sammobile.com, in their firmware section. If it is in Intratech's thread, then it probably is in there too. Another good website is samsung-updates.com, give it a try...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
The code is *#9900#. Disabling it here in Brasilia for VIVO is bad. 3G connection turns to "Internet Discada".
Speaking of which. Does anybody here has the 3G Plus plan from VIVO?
It's supposed to deliver up to 6mbps connection but the fastest I got here so far was 1000kbps.

Vivo's "3G Plus" (H+) is not automatically enabled? You need to purchase a different mobile data plan? That's new to me, I mean, Claro just let you use it like any other mobile network mode here in SP when available (at least I've been using it for a few months and my data plan is the same since mid-2011).

Anyway, with Claro's H+ I've got 3Mbps average (peak of 5Mbps when I tested it)...

rloriato

Nov 7, 2010
Waiting for the zto rom.

My SGS2 is zto.

I was using Cyanogenmod, but today I decided to downgrade to original firmware.

When I finished, ICS was available through OTA update. It is necessary to register an account at samsung.

It is over 200Mb download, so I will wait I have a wifi connection available.

[]s

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
My SGS2 is zto.

When I finished, ICS was available through OTA update. It is necessary to register an account at samsung.

[]s

Nothing on Check Fus, SamMobile or samsung-updates.com yet. Are you sure you flashed the stock ZTO UHLB2 (Feb/2012) and not the older UHKI1 (Sep/2011)?

Last edited:

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
Why don't you get the official Samsung release (OTA)?

Because I'm on the australian XWLP8 stock firmware, with a custom kernel (SiyahKernel v3.2) - I'm pretty sure Samsung OTA servers won't recognize my system as an upgradeable one...

I'm not sure, but I think you have to be on a completely stock firmware to be updated via OTA... That's why I disabled the system updates on my S2...

Unrealbr

My SGS2 is zto.

[]s

SAY WHAAAT? ZTO AVALIABLE? I just checked and nothing...

PS: ZTOLB2 here...

Last edited:

rloriato

Nov 7, 2010
SAY WHAAAT? ZTO AVALIABLE? I just checked and nothing...

PS: ZTOLB2 here...

Yes, my SGS2 is unbranded, and I was using CM7. I restored the original ROM and when it got back I was offered to update to UHKI2 (11Mb). When it rebooted, it offered to upgrade to ICS, but it is too large to download. I will tell you later when I get home and download it.

rloriato

Nov 7, 2010
Yes, my SGS2 is unbranded, and I was using CM7. I restored the original ROM and when it got back I was offered to update to UHKI2 (11Mb). When it rebooted, it offered to upgrade to ICS, but it is too large to download. I will tell you later when I get home and download it.

Finished! Coooooool! Let me play for a while! :)

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Just installed Vivo LP7, full wipe, full stock, no mods.
Rooted with Mobile Odin while flashing.
Everything is running great, much better than LP8 Frankenstein I was using before.

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
I9100UHLPE, I9100UHLPE, I9100UUBLPE, 09/03/2012 13:49:34 (after update)

That's odd, that is the TTT (Trinidad & Tobago) firmware, way too old and not at all brazilian in its core...

Can't really tell why you were updated to that particular ROM, I mean, it's an outdated firmware and still full of early ICS bugs (we saw a lot of upgrades and bug fixes during March and April, and that particular ROM was one of the first ICS ROMs leaked, still a bit "green", "imature").

I would suggest you to revert back to UHLB2 (the best GB ROM for us brazilians and probably the last GB ROM from Samsung on the S2 worldwide) if you want to keep your S2 completelly stock or give it a try to any european ICS ROM - all ICS firmwares have PT-BR now - if you want to try ICS.

rloriato

Nov 7, 2010
That's odd, that is the TTT (Trinidad & Tobago) firmware, way too old and not at all brazilian in its core...

Can't really tell why you were updated to that particular ROM, I mean, it's an outdated firmware and still full of early ICS bugs (we saw a lot of upgrades and bug fixes during March and April, and that particular ROM was one of the first ICS ROMs leaked, still a bit "green", "imature").

I would suggest you to revert back to UHLB2 (the best GB ROM for us brazilians and probably the last GB ROM from Samsung on the S2 worldwide) if you want to keep your S2 completelly stock or give it a try to any european ICS ROM - all ICS firmwares have PT-BR now - if you want to try ICS.

Thanks for the advice, but I don't understand why I was offered this upgrade.

Besides... I tried some european firmwares and I didn't like them, mostly because they didn't handle the operator codes natively. I had a lot of problems dialing and recognizing incoming calls. Those problems began when I changed from Vivo to Tim.

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
Thanks for the advice, but I don't understand why I was offered this upgrade.

Besides... I tried some european firmwares and I didn't like them, mostly because they didn't handle the operator codes natively. I had a lot of problems dialing and recognizing incoming calls. Those problems began when I changed from Vivo to Tim.

I would need some more details as for the problems you experienced, but a good call on this subject is an app called "Operadora DDD", that automatically changes the way a number is dialed and also automatically includes the operator's number when dialing (as when you have a number in the 0XX-XXXX-XXX or just XX-XXXX-XXXX form - i.e.- 011-1234-5678 or 11-1234-5678).

There is a side-effect on all ICS ROMs I've experienced so far is that when adding a new number to the contacts, instead of saving it as XXXX-XXXX, it saves it as XX XXXX-XX (but when you call a number in this format, it automatically changes to XXXXXXXX). This does not happen when you add a number with the area code (XX-XXXX-XXXX) - it is saved as it is.

My guess is that this is a native ICS thing and won't be changed in the brazilian ROMs - anybody with Vivo's LP7 can verify that?

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
I would need some more details as for the problems you experienced, but a good call on this subject is an app called "Operadora DDD", that automatically changes the way a number is dialed and also automatically includes the operator's number when dialing (as when you have a number in the 0XX-XXXX-XXX or just XX-XXXX-XXXX form - i.e.- 011-1234-5678 or 11-1234-5678).

There is a side-effect on all ICS ROMs I've experienced so far is that when adding a new number to the contacts, instead of saving it as XXXX-XXXX, it saves it as XX XXXX-XX (but when you call a number in this format, it automatically changes to XXXXXXXX). This does not happen when you add a number with the area code (XX-XXXX-XXXX) - it is saved as it is.

My guess is that this is a native ICS thing and won't be changed in the brazilian ROMs - anybody with Vivo's LP7 can verify that?

I'm using Vivo LP7 full stock and they've fixed the numbers format on dialer. It now shows XXXXXXXX, no hyphens.

guedes_puc

Dec 9, 2011
Brasília/DF
Phone format is handled by csc, so it makes sense format being different from vivo rom to the TTT one.

I use "Operadora DDD" and "Qual Operadora?" to handle my contacts and it works great for me.

My only concern about using european roms is that we loose Swype in Brazilian Portuguese. Do anyone have any experience with Swype in PT-PT?

guedes_puc

Dec 9, 2011
Brasília/DF
You don't need to use PT-PT. Just remove Samsung's Swype and install the original Swype beta. You will have BR support, and constant updates.

I was sure there should be a way to do that but never really looked into it. So can I just uninstall Swype using titanium backup and push Swype beta or do I need to remove/do anything else? I'll try this with Frankenstein LP8 later this weekend.

Thanks for the tip.

————
EDIT:
Nevermind, I tried to remove Swype and install Swype Beta as you said and got everything to work first time. It's really straight forward.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Following our Australian, Indian, Japanese and Philippine mates, I believe that it would be useful to have a Brazilian i9100 thread to discuss Brazilian SGS2 matters such as ROMs, CSC, PT-BR language, etc.
    *MOD POST*

You're allowed to post in your native language as long as you provide an English translation. Please provide one from this point on.

Thanks

crachel
    PT-BR on International Roms and Brazillian AGPS solution

Well done, angelomaldito!

If you don't want to use PT-BR as your main language on the phone there is no reason to use a Brazillian ROM. You should be fine regarding the basics cellphones functionality here.

But if you do want PT-BR, its essential to use one. Samsung is doing a nice job leaking updated roms for Brazil at a very acceptable speed, so we are covered.

In my case, since I enjoy testing newer stuff, now I'm using KI3, with PT-PT. So there goes a very good tip for people in my case: I was before on KI4 and set my language to PT-BR, so when I got to KI3 it lacked PT-BR but all the programs who did have PT-BR showed it. So only the main system is in PT-PT. A good WIN for me, and I recommend that to everyone.

Ah, there is another very important tip: the AGPS. The default server is north-america.pool.ntp.org and I noticed that it sometimes is very slow to fix on Brazil. So I installed a program called FasterFix (needs root) and changed the agps server to a brazillian one. You can check the relations here: http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/br . The procedure is as follows:

AGPS fix for Brazil:
    1. Get ROOT
    2. Install FasterFix from the Market
    3. Select custom server
    4. Go to http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/br and check the server which has "br"
    5. Put the chosen server as follows on the text field: server 2.br.pool.ntp.org
    6. Press Go

With this change the better performance of the AGPS is very noticeable.

I hope you find these tips useful and I'm excited to get good tips from you guys.

Thanks!
    A maioria dos posts vem com bandeirinha
    Brazil.gif
    , e vocês escrevem em ingles ainda, para né. O tópico e nosso não gringo, digitem em nossa língua Brazuka

Welcome to XDA, as a brazilian you naturally will only obey rules if you have to, guess what? Here you have to, "cops" + "neighborhood watch" are everywhere.

Here are the rules, you will want to read (and obey) them:
    http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

Pay attention to rule #4

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English use an online translator, You're free to include your original message in your own language below the English translation.

Have a good day.
    No reliable sources, but i read this info on many blogs and a few people state that have talked to Samsung and there is really no Gorilla Glass.

One thing that makes me believe that is, there is nothing written anywhere on Samsung's website or in the phone's case about Gorilla Glass, i think they wouldn't miss the opportunity to use this as ad...

Anyway, i also don't use a screen protector until now and have no scratches whatsoever. But i wouldn't count on Gorilla Glass that much, i have an Atrix before my GSII and managed to get a big scratch on it, even with Gorilla Glass...

Official post of Samsung from Brazil (in portuguese):

Samsung Brasil
    RT @SamsungMobileBR Pra esclarecer uma dúvida importante, o Galaxy SII TEM #GorillaGlass. Essa é a informação oficial e garantida!

So, yes. The Brazilian Galaxy SII have Gorilla Glass.