Sony Xperia Z/Zl [Indian users]

Search This thread

varshil

Sep 4, 2010
mumbai
This thread is made for all indians who have bought Xperia Z/ZL.

XPERIA Z HAS BEEN LAUNCHED IN INDIA.

PRICE FOR Z-Rs. 31,000 being the cheapest
PRICE FOR ZL- Rs.26,990

For latest prices check out this link-
http://www.pricedealsindia.com/mobiles/Sony-Xperia-Z-price-in-india-dpi1613.php

or else you can buy it on Amazon India....

SITE TO ORDER (flipkart/infibeam)
Flipkart
www.flipkart.com/m/sony-xperia-z/p/itmdgpeerfuxamrz?pid=MOBDGPDZ5BRABR2W

Infibeam
http://www.infibeam.com/Mobiles/i-Sony-Xperia-Z-Android-Smartphone/P-E-M-Sony-Xperia-Z.html?id=Black

SONY SITE
http://www.sonymobile.com/in/products/phones/xperia-z/

BETTER BUY FROM EBAY OR INDIATIMES, WITH DISCOUNT COUPON OF 10% .
y4a3aryq.jpg

y2ynahyv.jpg

indian tv add

Watch "Xperia™ Z TV ad - On location - The shoot" on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPbJSEGLmkA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sony Xperia Z Specs:

General: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, tri/penta-band UMTS/HSPA, optional 100 Mbps LTE
Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
Dimensions: 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm, 146 g
Display: 5" 16M-color 1080p (1080 x 1920 pixels) capacitive touchscreen TFT with Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
GPU: Adreno 320
Chipset: Qualcomm APQ8064
RAM: 2GB
Memory: 16GB storage, microSD card slot
Camera: 13 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps with HDR, LED flash, 2.2MP front-facing camera
Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB port with MHL and USB host, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC
Misc: IP57 certified - dust-sealed and water proof up to 1 meter and 30 minutes; Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass for the front and the back panel

XPERIA Z FAQs:
1. SDCARD - Format to fat32 and external SD upto 64gbworks.
2. FLAPS - are very strong and solid, though advisable to BUY dock for charging (to avoid opening flaps too frequently)

COMPARISON BETWEEN NEXUS 4, GALAXY S4* & XPERIA Z - shared by Bjray
C1AFyQG.jpg

Hit the thanks button, if u feel that i h'd helped you! And if you want me to modify the thread or topic, plz pm me!

Last edited:

eissa222

Jul 29, 2012
thannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnx

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

thaaaaaaaaaanks

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

varshil

Sep 4, 2010
mumbai
Ya man same here. I was going to buy s3 but after seeing beauty, just cant buy s3!

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

nielneal

Jun 2, 2011
Mumbai
yeah even m waiting for it .....jus loving it...i asked many of them but no one is aware of launch ryt nw ;-(

sachinaik

Jun 6, 2011
Bangalore
I have an s3.

But eagerly waiting for this phone. The moment it comes in India my gonna buy it and get rid of s3.

Advantages of Z over S3 :
1. Full hd
2. Superior build , ip55 and ip57
3. Black color available.
4. S4 pro
5. 2 GB RAM (good multitasking)
6. 13MP superior camera
7. Superior front camera
8. No stupendous bloatwares like Sammy's.
9. No brain damaged Audio player killing like s3.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 31, 2012
Badly waiting for Xperia Z to be launched in India. :D:D
Would love to get the first Quad core processor phone from Sony.
Hope Sony wouldn't disappoint.

fatjivi

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 5T
Only reason I'm looking forward to this instead of s4 is coz of sonys reputation of dev support. Any guesses on the price in India?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#illidan

May 20, 2012
Mumbai
I'm planning to get one. According to various pre-order it comes around 43K - 46K not sure if this is worth that money

Pre orders are always expensive. Wait for it to hit the market & then wait for week or two for availability & you'll be able to get it at less than MRP.

Xperia Z

MRP - 36k

Street Price - 34k

March launch in India

Xperia ZL

MRP - 34k

Street Price - 32k

April launch in India

*Internal Sources info.

Hope your internal sources are good because I want the ZL but that launch date is just to far off but in the other hand pricing is good if true. Can't wait to sell off my S2 & get my hands on my first Sony device the ZL :drool:

SwiftKey'ed from my PAC'ed GT - I9100 powered by Dorimanx

PHONE : SGSII
Primary ROM: PAC ROM V17
Secondary ROM: -
KERNEL : Dorimanx 7.22 (modified settings)
MODEM : LPS
BATTERY : Stock 1650mAh
EXTERNAL Sdcard : SanDisk Class 4 8 GB

AayushDhuria

Oct 1, 2011
HTC M7

Mrp 49,990

Street price 45k,

Hope Sony doesn't screw up after seeing this.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using XDA Premium app!

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

I'm happy with anything below 40k, I've done a deal with dad :p

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
HTC M7

Mrp 49,990

Street price 45k,

Hope Sony doesn't screw up after seeing this.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

I'm happy with anything below 40k, I've done a deal with dad :p

htc in india has a crazy pricing policy, they will be super expensive always

sony will be competitive for sure.. should be below 40k as many are suggesting.
also fter seeing the Z , im unable to like any other new device (s4 leaked images yesterday) and m7.. the z series is absolutely stunning!

chaitanya87

Jul 14, 2011
Hyderabad
htc in india has a crazy pricing policy, they will be super expensive always

sony will be competitive for sure.. should be below 40k as many are suggesting.
also fter seeing the Z , im unable to like any other new device (s4 leaked images yesterday) and m7.. the z series is absolutely stunning!

But Sony is also pricy bro. Every corporate company will try to gain as much as they want from ours in the first month itself. Its like the collections after the first week and second week of the movies.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Is it true that if you want to root and try custom ROMs you'll loose warranty and there is no way to get it back ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'll still wait for the price to come around 28-30 :D

so what are your views after moving to sony from samsung ? i don't want you to bash samsung just your unbiased observations.
    you already told us about the battery.

then it seems like a software problem :( first overcompressed pics and now this.

I've had a few samsung (wave, galaxy s, note2) as well as sony smartphones (LWW, Xperia S, Xperia ZL) in the recent past. Before these i used nokia smartphones. I'm neither biased nor a fanboy towards any particular brand.

Since u've asked, so here i'll let you know my opinion about note2 vs ZL only.

Design & build quality: I feel that Sony ZL design n build quality is far better than recent Samsung flagship devices like note2 (one of the main reason i sold note2). ZL, apart from its premium look n feel, would fare better with daily wear n tear & have better chance of survival in case of an accidental fall.

Screen: ZL screen is stunning (doesn't have as good viewing angles or black levels as SAMOLEDs but has better sunlight legibilty). I feel the colours are better on ZL and reading/ browsing text is much better on ZL than note2 (esp. tiny letters) coz of very high pixel density, don't need to zoom often. Also i didn't like the bluish whites & greys on AMOLEDs. Bigger screen on note2 is a joy to watch videos but ZL is more crisp (esp. with BE on).

Battery: Already discussed, better on note2 (7hrs screen time on moderate use). Decent on ZL (5+ hrs screen time with similar use).

Camera: Overall its better on Xperia ZL (esp. using burst mode during day & auto at night). I find the colour & details captured to be better by ZL cam than note2. The physical camera key allows quick launch from sleep (faster than note2). Note2 cam is not far behind though.

Sound: Internal speaker & earphone volumes louder on note2. Default sound quality better on ZL (esp via a good pair of headphones) but can tweak it to sound excellent on the note2. Loudspeaker for calls louder on the ZL (weak on note2).

Call & GPS maps: equally good on both.

Software & Development: I like the sony UI better than samsung TW. Seems aesthetically more appealing. Functionality & fluidity wise both equally good. But samsung beat sony in the updates (much faster esp. for samsung flagship devices). At xda, much active development for samsung (custom roms etc.) but i don't care much for custom roms (never used any even on my note2). Overall ZL is bit faster to operate than note2.

Hardware/ Chipset: both the ZL and note2 have more than enough processing power & memory to meet the requirements of current android platform. To nitpick though, some say that snapdragon quad core krait has a very slight edge over exynos quad core used in note2. Hey, i'm no expert on this but thats what i've gathered from various tech sites.

Others: feature wise both the ZL and note are equally good. S pen is a plus on note2 if one uses it often (esp. for sketching or taking notes). ZL, owing to its stunning screen to bezel ratio & small form factor, is better for one hand use.

Major flaws/ bugs: Note2 (earlier batches) suffers from buggy emmc (like GS3) leading to sds in many cases. Many report sandisk 64gb/32 gb microSDXC cards being corrupted on note2/GS3. None of these yet reported wrt sony Z/ZL, only time will tell.

Conclusion: To sum up i like everything better on sony ZL than note2 (except the bigger screen & battery life).

I think this post has gone far too big than intended, so i stop here. All said above is my honest opinion. Thanks for reading.
    This thread is made for all indians who have bought Xperia Z/ZL.

XPERIA Z HAS BEEN LAUNCHED IN INDIA.

PRICE FOR Z-Rs. 31,000 being the cheapest
    PRICE FOR ZL- Rs.26,990

For latest prices check out this link-
    http://www.pricedealsindia.com/mobiles/Sony-Xperia-Z-price-in-india-dpi1613.php

or else you can buy it on Amazon India....

SITE TO ORDER (flipkart/infibeam)
    Flipkart
    www.flipkart.com/m/sony-xperia-z/p/itmdgpeerfuxamrz?pid=MOBDGPDZ5BRABR2W

Infibeam
    http://www.infibeam.com/Mobiles/i-Sony-Xperia-Z-Android-Smartphone/P-E-M-Sony-Xperia-Z.html?id=Black

SONY SITE
    http://www.sonymobile.com/in/products/phones/xperia-z/

BETTER BUY FROM EBAY OR INDIATIMES, WITH DISCOUNT COUPON OF 10% .
    y4a3aryq.jpg

y2ynahyv.jpg

indian tv add

Watch "Xperia™ Z TV ad - On location - The shoot" on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPbJSEGLmkA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sony Xperia Z Specs:

General: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, tri/penta-band UMTS/HSPA, optional 100 Mbps LTE
    Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
    Dimensions: 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm, 146 g
    Display: 5" 16M-color 1080p (1080 x 1920 pixels) capacitive touchscreen TFT with Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
    CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
    GPU: Adreno 320
    Chipset: Qualcomm APQ8064
    RAM: 2GB
    Memory: 16GB storage, microSD card slot
    Camera: 13 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps with HDR, LED flash, 2.2MP front-facing camera
    Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB port with MHL and USB host, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC
    Misc: IP57 certified - dust-sealed and water proof up to 1 meter and 30 minutes; Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass for the front and the back panel

XPERIA Z FAQs:
    1. SDCARD - Format to fat32 and external SD upto 64gbworks.
    2. FLAPS - are very strong and solid, though advisable to BUY dock for charging (to avoid opening flaps too frequently)

COMPARISON BETWEEN NEXUS 4, GALAXY S4* & XPERIA Z - shared by Bjray
    C1AFyQG.jpg

Hit the thanks button, if u feel that i h'd helped you! And if you want me to modify the thread or topic, plz pm me!
    again...SOURCE please!
    and any info on price?
    Regards

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

sorry for the previous post
    i just talked to MR. John
    he said that the price would most prbably more than 36990 and when i told him i had pre ordered he said that it will be the HSPA one in India and UK one has 4G ..he told me to go for it rather than cancelling
    so i am happy as ever before
    the price difference would be at most 3k
    i dont care for that 3000 bucks if i am getting 4G LTE
    a future proof techno!
    so thank you for your posts!
    you have really been helpful!
    thanks!
    :cool: :p :laugh: :)
    You cannot use UK LTE here is India.. bands are totally different.. technology used in India and China is different from US and Europe something related to TDM or FDM.... that is no future proofing unless u are planning to move to Europe in near time ... those extra 3k will go waste in india
    FINALLY!!!!

got the Xperia Z (white) C6602 for Rs. 37990/- from Sony Center, SG Highway, Ahmedabad...

additional goodies:
    • Premium Case (Rs. 1990/-) [to be collected later]
    • MDR-ZX100A (Rs. 1490/-) [to be collected later]
    • Special offer for Vodafone customers! 8GB free 3G data for 3 months!!! just make sure that the first sim card u use on the phone is a Vodafone simacard! (that saves me (1gb) 250 x 8 = Rs 2000/-)

BTW no additional 16GB card... but i am cool with it as i already have a 16GB Class 10 Patriot microSD card :)
    Another update for TN users:

The Xperia Store representative from Coimbatore called me just now and said that they underwent a training today for helping out people to use the Xperia Z demo units which will be available on the store soon. The pre order starts now and starting price is Rs 500 and you can pay as you wish and is also strictly refundable if u regret it later. They also confirmed that the stocks will be available moreover from March 6 itself but other retailers (Poorvika, Mobile Store) will be getting them from 12th March. He too speculated that the price will be around only 38000 INR to be sure for the most part!

And for the ZL fans - Pre order started for the ZL too (same from 500 INR to as you wish) from today! I asked for any built in or free accessories for Z but they refused that there are none except for the bundled apps as mentioned before (1 lakh songs free app etc). Happy fellas? So Chennai fans, hope this helps you! ZL fans too can run out to their stores from tomorrow to book it!