Voice dialling

Search This thread

delon

Feb 19, 2004
Does the xda 2 have voice dialling features? If not, how could I get around this?

Mavrik

Jan 20, 2004
Sorry, I'm a newbie with newsgroups.... Could u help me setup the newsgroup for a.b.warez.pocketpc? Any help would be greatly appreciated..... thanks....

bobopopo

Feb 23, 2004
Shanghai
I've got the same problem. I would love to check that newsgroup as well but I do not find a newsserver containing that group.

Could somebody please post the address of a newsserver that is able to check that group?

Thanks a lot... :)

Rudegar

Retired Moderator
Jul 16, 2003
DK
how to enter news groups
get the address of the new group server of your isp

use a newreader program like outlook express or something else

scann for usegroups sellect the newgroup you want and enter it

news groups is not really http based
well are not as a rule anyway

bobopopo

Feb 23, 2004
Shanghai
I am living in a students home with LAN-connection to the net. So there is no dial-up ISP. The newsserver of my university does not accept the above mentioned group.

Is there a kind of workaround to read this group?

Smash

Jan 24, 2003
News groups

For all you newbees; Let me address this message first;
:!: It's illegal to download software from newsgroups! :!:
But I can't stop you from doing so... :twisted:

the best way to read newsgroups is to take 5 steps;

1; Get a program that reads alt.binaries posts; like grabit and install the progam.

2; Get a newsserver account or check your ISP. (mostly they also have access to newsgroups but are limited.)
like;
I use www.usenet.com
www.easynews.com
www.usenetserver.com
www.giganews.com
www.supernews.com
www.astraweb.com
www.usenetmonster.com
www.100proofnews.com
(get a account that gives you unlimited download. Should cost you about 15 U$ a month.)

3; then find a post message site like (www.nfonews.com)where groups tell other people what they are posting and where you can find the files. (like the Voice Command from M$) :lol:
Alot of Dutchies are using FTD. (This is a program)
But there are numerious sites that will give you this info.

4; Once you have the info where you can find your ‘points of interest’, start your grabber software and subscribe your news account info.
Then find the location. E.g; alt.binaries.warez.pocketpc
Grabber finds the location and you can start downloading your ‘points of interest’.

Most files are wrapped as *.rar files. So you need to have a rar program to unpack the files. There are also *.par files. you also need those files if the program is brokendown in hunderds of *.rar files. *.par files are a sort of repair files. Let say you mis a couple of *.rar files of LOTR dvd. (yes you can find everything) Mostly the uploader will place also *.par files to repair the lost *rar files. So you still have the full program you are downloading.

5; The last thing you have to do is buy a bigger hard disk. B/c you are constantly downloading new things.. 120gb is not big.

More info @ :arrow: http://www.shemes.com/community/viewforum.php?f=6

Hope this helps you a little bit more on your quest for golden software treasures..