[APP][ROOT][2.3+] CamaMind tools for missed call

Search This thread

manny73

Apr 14, 2009
Hi,
I have a Htc Desire with Android 2.3.5 (rooted) and the problem with clear or cancel missed call notification (MODIFY_PHONE_STATE permission) with alternative dialer app (go contacs,Angel Dialer).
So I develop a simple app that is configurable for intercept missed call, launch customizable notification with reminder and go to default dialer phone resetting system missed call notification.
But for this target, the app must install under /system/app, otherwise, as a normal app, the 'clear missed call' is not functionally. I use SSHDroid or ES File Explorer for copy apk in system/app e run install.
Reboot your phone.
I have tested this app only on my device. It's my first app, but is working for my case.

who is proposed as a beta test?

thank you very much

Manny

Notes

I'm not responsable for any damage provided by this application.
Probably some bugs left, provided for testing purpose.

Functionality

• Cancel missed call notification if you use alternative dialer app

• Repeating alarm for missed call (Sound, Vibration, Led)

• Repeating alarm for new SMS (Sound, Vibration, Led)

Requirement

• root

Installation

• Just copy CamaMind.apk under /system/app

Changelog

• 2.0 : Complete code review for bug fixing (or for add new bugs?!?). Please feedback me.

Attachments

• CamaMind.apk
    293.1 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
Reactions: geenyous and jolas

jolas

Feb 22, 2006
Athens
Thanks, it is working great with the ROM in my sig. and exDialer!

Only think I would like to ask to fix, is that when pushing back button after viewing missed call log, it first returns in CamaMind menu and I have to push back button again to clear display.

geenyous

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 20, 2007
Shanghai
wow, way too much permissions for what the app is doing:
- SMS?
- Internet?
- Contacts?
- Standby Mode?

Please provide some feedback on why you need all these permissions.

manny73

Apr 14, 2009
Hi,
I want to tell you that I did not believe that the application was being used (we hope).
I fixed the bug reported by Jolas.

Report for permission:
for monitoring call and sms in input : READ_PHONE_STATE
for reset missed call: MODIFY_PHONE_STATE
for open calls log: READ_CONTACTS
for led in stand-by : WAKE_LOCK
for receive and open sms apps: READ_SMS | RECEIVE_SMS

Thanks all.

Manny

Last edited:
Reactions: geenyous

geenyous

Oct 20, 2007
Shanghai
Thanks, but what about internet?

I really don't see why the app has to connect to the internet...

geenyous

Oct 20, 2007
Shanghai
No LED Notification

I tested your app but I had to delete it again, when it is active I don't get LED notifications for missed calls (haven't tested SMS).
Also I have to tap the notification 2 or more times to have the other, call notification cleared, which is not that bad, but still annoying for an app that should make things easier, but the no LED is critical for me.

I think you go in a good direction, some more tweaks (settings to turn on/off SMS notif for example, bugs as mentioned above) and your app might be very helpful once finished, it really is very annoying to have to clear the notification when not using stock dialer!

manny73

Apr 14, 2009
Also I have to tap the notification 2 or more times to have the other, call notification cleared, which is not that bad, but still annoying for an app that should make things easier,
Hi, on my Desire with Oxygen v2.3 I have not this problem.

but the no LED is critical for me.
In theory, the LED should light blue color. On my device the LED lights green, but lights! Becomes blue until after the second round notification, and if I clicked on the default notification of missed calls. Can you make a test?
settings to turn on/off SMS notif for example, bugs as mentioned above
Make it in the latest version, attached on this post (1.5_7).

Last edited:

geenyous

Oct 20, 2007
Shanghai
Hi, on my Desire with Oxygen v2.3 I have not this problem.

In theory, the LED should light blue color. On my device the LED lights green, but lights! Becomes blue until after the second round notification, and if I clicked on the default notification of missed calls. Can you make a test?

Make it in the latest version, attached on this post (1.5_7).

Sorry for not coming back to you earlier.
I have now tested your app again and the notification LED works as well as the implementation to choose not to run when an SMS is coming is great!

Only issue I still have, and this is kind of a real dealbreaker, is that your app seams to work only one time.
I miss a call, I get 2 notifs, yours and from phone, i click on yours, both get cleared and I am in my phone app (dialer2), so far so good. Now, when I get another missed call, I again get both notifications, but when I click on yours my phone app opens but it doesn't clear your nor the phone notification. I have to manually clear them (as is the case without your app).
The next missed call, the phone notification says 2 missed calls and yours is there as usual, again not clearing when clicking on it. After I go into yout apps settings and disable and enable it, all works again for one time...

If you sort out this issue, then your app would be perfect for me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I have a Htc Desire with Android 2.3.5 (rooted) and the problem with clear or cancel missed call notification (MODIFY_PHONE_STATE permission) with alternative dialer app (go contacs,Angel Dialer).
    So I develop a simple app that is configurable for intercept missed call, launch customizable notification with reminder and go to default dialer phone resetting system missed call notification.
    But for this target, the app must install under /system/app, otherwise, as a normal app, the 'clear missed call' is not functionally. I use SSHDroid or ES File Explorer for copy apk in system/app e run install.
    Reboot your phone.
    I have tested this app only on my device. It's my first app, but is working for my case.

who is proposed as a beta test?

thank you very much

Manny

Notes

I'm not responsable for any damage provided by this application.
    Probably some bugs left, provided for testing purpose.

Functionality

• Cancel missed call notification if you use alternative dialer app

• Repeating alarm for missed call (Sound, Vibration, Led)

• Repeating alarm for new SMS (Sound, Vibration, Led)

Requirement

• root

Installation

• Just copy CamaMind.apk under /system/app

Changelog

• 2.0 : Complete code review for bug fixing (or for add new bugs?!?). Please feedback me.
    Hi,
    I want to tell you that I did not believe that the application was being used (we hope).
    I fixed the bug reported by Jolas.

Report for permission:
    for monitoring call and sms in input : READ_PHONE_STATE
    for reset missed call: MODIFY_PHONE_STATE
    for open calls log: READ_CONTACTS
    for led in stand-by : WAKE_LOCK
    for receive and open sms apps: READ_SMS | RECEIVE_SMS

Thanks all.

Manny
    Thanks, but what about internet?

I really don't see why the app has to connect to the internet...

Sorry geenyous, in the version 1.5.1 I have remove the Internet permission.
    Perhaps I was abused a few copy-paste too!!

Manny