[CM9] [ABANDONED] Maguro Nightly Kangs

Search This thread

fitsnugly

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2010
Indianapolis, IN

skank-logo-lrg.png

This kang is no longer being compiled...

This is a self-compiled kang of CM9 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance, most comparable to a CM nightly build. You need not apply if you’re not comfortable with testing out new and possibly broken features. All credit goes to cyanogen, #teamdouche and the coders who submit to Gerrit. Thank you to @RyanMacG for providing Euroskank hosting.​

Latest Skankwich build: http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=cm9&device=maguro

Latest Gapps (mirrored from goo.im): http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=cm9&device=gapps

Latest merges to CM source code: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:ics,n,z
http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#maguro/cm9/next

cherry.png
Cherry picks and other modifications
cherry.png

If cherry picks disappear, it's because they were merged, abandoned or conflict with the current source or other cherry picks.

idybV.png
Available on ROM Manager! ..................................... Euroskank Skankwich RSS Feed

Last edited:

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
Holy smokes, this is fantastic. Still setting things up but it's a lot faster than I had anticipated. A few placeholders here and there but it's just as functional as anything else as far as I've seen.

Looks like it'll make a great daily driver! :)

musashiken

Feb 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 5T
I'm finding this a bit funny. Why am I being deleted? I wont post anymore within your thread unless I have something beneficial to say.....

Cheers OP!

Lol, seems like you guys are new to skankwich. Fitsnugly, the guy responsible for CM skankwiches has a thing for deleting spam posts in his rom threads... so unless you have anything constructive to say about the roms, all useless posts will be deleted.

In fact this post might be deleted as well :p

Reactions: imfloflo

mazubo

Jun 24, 2011
OnePlus 8
Lol, seems like you guys are new to skankwich. Fitsnugly, the guy responsible for CM skankwiches has a thing for deleting spam posts in his rom threads... so unless you have anything constructive to say about the roms, all useless posts will be deleted.

In fact this post might be deleted as well :p

Thanks for the info! Now I know:) cheers mate!

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
10 hours total usage, only down 20% with an hour of pretty vigorously used screen-on time. 1.35ghz OC, on demand governor, stock kernel and Wifi enabled the entire time.

No excessive amount of wakes and phone sleeps pretty well. Doesn't always go into a super deep sleep but this observation... meh... I'll wait and see some more. Need to let more time pass but so far it's blazing fast, very clean, no FCs and much better battery life than I had expected. I really didn't think these nightlies would be THIS polished.

I'll report again after more time passes. I really did not expect this to be so well polished right off the bat. Many thanks to the dev for whatever it was he's done with these releases. Saw a few of his other threads and looks like lots of satisfied users.

*** Edit ***

22 hours total time, 50% battery, 1 hour and 50 minutes screen on time. Haven't used it too much but when I have it's been pretty intensive. Very pleased so far!

Last edited:
Reactions: Holted

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
Any way to add the search button to the navigation bar..? :confused:

P. S. Agree with bongd (good to see you here mate, recognise you from the Atrix forums), this is really really fast & stable!

Hey, nice to see you again too, man. It's always funny getting a new device and slowing seeing all the cats from previous sub forums get the same one lol :D

All right fellas, 45 hours total, 3 hours and 30 minutes screen on time, 9% battery left. phenomenal!!

On AOKP I usually banged out closed to 4 hours of screen on time but only got around 20-25 hours which I still thought was really great for that ROM. Now it's just absolutely amazing now that I'm on this CM9 ROM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vangelis13

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
I'm having some issue with battery !:

Stock CM9 Kang from update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-maguro-KANG-signed.02282012-0805.zip -

Wow, that's an epic drain ! I'm using this rom too, but with popcorn Kernel, and I dont have any problem with the battery. Seems like your phone was awake all the time too. Check if there was not an app keeping a wakelock on your phone all the time.

M

mudferret

I think it' could be dsp manager, already had pb with this on my N1 with cm7

Got Better Battery Stats? I've been getting stupid awesome battery life on CM9. Most recently 40 hours with 2:45 screen on time, half on data, half on Wifi, no sleep policy and still had 25% left. Many texts, emails, some downloading, etc...

You definitely had a rogue process or two, but AOS doesn't seem abnormal (?).

Edit: AOS a little higher than my typical ~18%

Last edited:

returnzer0

Sep 13, 2010
Is anyone else having LED notification issues with the Skankwich kangs? It works as expected for me when I use a CM9 nightly, but when I try using a fitsnugly build, I lose all LED notification capability.

Top Liked Posts