[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-19-12][WIP] ics-deck-shift [pre-beta4]

Search This thread

deerkiller11

Jan 11, 2011
Kansas City Area
Has anyone else been experiencing serious lag with the Phone, Messaging, and Settings apps? Sometimes I'll click on Phone or Messaging and it'll take a good 30 seconds for the screen to get populated.

Maybe it's just me. Reboots handle it. After long up times I notice it bogging down.

I have been have those issues the last couple of days, but i am currently running SS9.2 not this ROM. When i tried out this rom for a couple of days i had no problem (pb17 i think), i just cannt go without 4G.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
ics-deck-shift patch1

Here's a memfree patch by Joël Staub and sysctl mods by me that should help.

The memfree patch will
Patch memory leaks

The sysctl mods will:

[*]
Improve battery life and temps

[*]
Lower the I/O (internal disk drive storage) spinning rate down some

[*]
Out of memory situations will start killing tasks

Instructions:

[*]
Reboot into your recovery

[*]
Wipe cache and dalvik-cache

[*]
Flash this Patch after flashing each and every pb Rom

[*]
Reboot to Rom/System

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Mem-Patch1-signed.zip
    154.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

doratheconquistadora

Jan 13, 2011
Lafayette, CA
8 days later and pb19 is out. Didn't see him tweet about it but it's on the dev-host
Don't know what it fixes. But I might flash it. pb18 has been nice but I would really like video recording back.

Kuroiyatsu

Feb 13, 2011
8 days later and pb19 is out. Didn't see him tweet about it but it's on the dev-host
Don't know what it fixes. But I might flash it. pb18 has been nice but I would really like video recording back.

I installed PB19. The camera is still not working. Still need to tinker around more to see what has changed.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using Tapatalk

Quetzalcoatl

Jan 12, 2012
Edit: Here's a memfree patch by Joël Staub and sysctl mods by me that should help, just flash in recovery :)
i lost the ability to play mp3s after flashing this
idk if its just me or not, but i tried several diff players and none would get my music started.

I installed PB19. The camera is still not working. Still need to tinker around more to see what has changed.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using Tapatalk
it looks like its almost there
when you hit record the button stays in the "pressed" for a while, which to me means it wants to start recording

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
i lost the ability to play mp3s after flashing this
idk if its just me or not, but i tried several diff players and none would get my music started.

When I flashed the patch I wiped cache and dalvik-cache and it worked fine. I did try flashing it without wiping and I couldn't even open my music application. I would recommend to wipe these in recovery just prior to flashing the patch. After you boot up you will get this message (pic attached). after the first install you won't have to wiped cache and dalvik-cache for flashing a new pb. Just make sure you flash it right after flashing the Rom.

Everything is running fine for me and with this being a pb with no memory leaks, bog downs, battery drain ect this rom is just what I need it to be now :) Looking forward to future updates with this rom.

Attachments

• device-2012-04-22-024638.jpg
    device-2012-04-22-024638.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:

asaladinojr

Jan 28, 2010
Just flashed pb19. Still no luck on my carrier data issues, but the screen transitions seem smoother and bringing files up from the card seems to take less time. After submitting the bug for data, just got an acknowledgement that it is being worked on now, so hopefully soon it will be fixed. That's still the only concern I have, but the new pb is a nice upgrade aesthetically.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using XDA

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
I plan on running pb-19 all day today with the memfree patch to see how it holds up. So far no major issues besides one random hard reboot when I was using my browser. Other than that everything else is working well. I flashed the gapps from rom manager and it worked great. Not sure if I'm a fan of nova launcher, would much rather have a shot at the stock ics launcher with this rom but meh.

-somebody-

Apr 2, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I plan on running pb-19 all day today with the memfree patch to see how it holds up. So far no major issues besides one random hard reboot when I was using my browser. Other than that everything else is working well. I flashed the gapps from rom manager and it worked great. Not sure if I'm a fan of nova launcher, would much rather have a shot at the stock ics launcher with this rom but meh.

ive been using apex launcher with it and i like it

Reactions: sparksco

Quetzalcoatl

Jan 12, 2012
When I flashed the patch I wiped cache and dalvik-cache and it worked fine. I did try flashing it without wiping and I couldn't even open my music application. I would recommend to wipe these in recovery just prior to flashing the patch. After you boot up you will get this message (pic attached). after the first install you won't have to wiped cache and dalvik-cache for flashing a new pb. Just make sure you flash it right after flashing the Rom.

haha woops, Ive been so used to getting away with not wiping cache and dalvik cache lol >:)

doratheconquistadora

Jan 13, 2011
Lafayette, CA
I wiped cache and dalvik-cache before flashing spark's patch. I now have no sound. Music doesn't play, notifications and ringtones are silent.

What do I do?

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using XDA

UPDATE: I just went ahead and upgraded to pb19 but without applying the mem free patch

Last edited:

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Last edited:

unoriginal

Jan 27, 2009
A few days ago I thought someone said that gapps were built into the rom and that we shouldn't flash them in. Did that change and I missed it somewhere?

geekdaddy

Dec 5, 2009
I just started this ROM with pb18. Seemed a little sluggish and had problems connecting with VVM service. Applied the Mem patch and seemed to run faster.

Just tried pb19 with the mem patch. Can't see much difference vs pb18 (except VVM was missing) but it's working well. Sound, wireless, etc. works fine. No FC's (yet). Wish I could get the VVM app working properly. Tried some of the recommendations from prior posts but no success thus far.

Reactions: sparksco

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/799/ics-shift

enjoy,
    -deck
    its hard enough supporting 1 device let alone 4. the evo LTE is my main device, and has had most of my 'dev' time lately, and my other time has gone to health issues. I built speedy off of cm so i can get a device tree ready for cm so hopefully you all can get nightlies sooner then later... im sorry i was trying to better the shift community.
    what is it that i have or havent done that is making sparkso so mad? all my source is on my personal github and the playground github. i just dont understand what the problem is here. I never dropped support for any devices, its just been a little longer between updates, cause the device pretty much is almost fully working. things that are not fixed are not easy fixes, or they would have been done long ago. Im sorry if i offended u in any way, but i think you have me confused with some other devs. Anyways, i hope this clears some stuff up for everybody.

No, i did NOT drop support for the evo shift.
    Yes, there will be updates in time.

-deck
    Ok dude, where again did he say he was going to do this in the first place? Why even say he's going to do it when you don't even know if it's going to happen? Why can't he just speak for himself and post his own comments on here lol? Uploading something to cm-gerrit takes like 5 minutes if that but you seem to know more than I do..

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

yo bro relax. the only reason there are cm builds gong on is so that cm can add my device tree and start nightles if it comes to that, no i am not moving onto cm, and yes you need to relax, get off the bath salts, and start coding something yourself with that attitude.

-deck

EDIT: i dont owe you anything nor will i ever. its attitudes like your's that make me want to stop support on the shift. #realtalk
    thanks guys! I hear that WiMAX will never work on ICS due to no source... that's a damn shame! The only thing holding me back from ICS roms are the lack of WiMAX, since I tether WiMAX quite a bit on Gingerbread!

Well... We will have a fully functioning sense 3.6 ics rom... The evo design, same chip (msm 7630) just had a leak drop... I personally have been working on it and so have some other developers as well... Mark my words... We will have 3.6 ics with camera and wimax... :beer:

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    So...
    Does anyone have a working MMS or video solution on Deck's latest release?
    I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for ... sharing pictures ... and junk

Correction:

"I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for... Sharing pictures of my junk."

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium