How to change SPC to 000000 on your sprint galaxy!

Search This thread

pid1981

Sep 15, 2010
Here is an easy way to do. So easy a cave man can do it.

I am assuming that you know your MSL code, if you don't there are many guides on this forum for that.
I am using QPST 2.7 Build 374.

1)You must downgrade your radio to LG2 (search the forum, there are guides to do that)
2)After you downgrade, you will be able to read the phone in QPST EFS explorer.
3)Read the phone with EFS explorer
4)Move NV item 85 to a folder to your desktop. Change it to "000000" hex code 303030303030
5)Load back the NV item back to your phone and Voila, you are done.

After your change your SPC to "000000" you can upgrade your radio again.

Do not PM me, feel free to ask questions on here.

Last edited:

milky1112

Apr 24, 2011
Somewhere on Earth.
Pardon my noobness, can this also be used on the i747 to allow me to flash the international 4.1.2 i9300 ?
I'm itching to get the 4.1.2, but I don't want to root just yet.

I747 has different internals then the I9300, Flashing anything for the I9300 on a US version will brick it. Unless you want a $500 paperweight, then don't do it! lol.. (Seen alot of post lately with someone rooting and flashing a I9300 rom.. It has a Quad core processor and some other goodies as ours has a Dual core.) Just wait for the release!

He is refering to other carriers Such as Boost, Verizon, T-mobile things like that.

Reactions: Blue Penguin

milky1112

Apr 24, 2011
Somewhere on Earth.
This, I understand. What I wanted to know is if I could get the ROM that Google seeds to the carriers before they add their bloatware to it.[/QUOTE}

There are plenty floating around.. Who is your wireless carrier? (our model is the SPH-L710 for Sprint) you said you have the I747, Which is a different carrier.. So best bet would be to find the forum for that model, Go into Android Development section.. And you'll find a load of Roms!

milky1112

Apr 24, 2011
Somewhere on Earth.
My phone's wireless carrier is AT&T. The phone is unlocked and as such I use it with Digicel as I'm Jamaican.
I really want to just get the 4.1.2 update to see what it is about.

Have to look for the ATT S3 Forums then for roms and things that would work for your phone specifically. AT&T/T-mobile uses Sim cards for the network.. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA. So if you flash anything from this thread (Sprint S3) you will brick your phone.. Just trying to ensure you don't cause any damage to render your phone nothing more then a paper weight.

Last edited:

HQRaja

Retired News Writer
Jan 27, 2008
Islamabad
hqraja.com
Can anyone please confirm that this does not involve (or allow) modifying the IMEI number (since that would be illegal in most parts of the world, including USA where it applies most)?

milky1112

Apr 24, 2011
Somewhere on Earth.
Can anyone please confirm that this does not involve (or allow) modifying the IMEI number (since that would be illegal in most parts of the world, including USA where it applies most)?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=950205
From droid forum

Doesn't appear to change the IMEI number at all from what i read on the Global forums. Just allows different radio access from what i can tell.

Here's another thread to bounce it off of Raja... Has step by steps of flashing to Boost (prepaid)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1473141

Last edited:
Reactions: HQRaja

swordsx48

Aug 6, 2011
LA, California
so after i do this, I can go to verizon and ask them to activate this phone for my number and they will do it? wont they see that the imei was previously used or sprint? or they cant see it? or they just dont care?

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011
Have to look for the ATT S3 Forums then for roms and things that would work for your phone specifically. AT&T/T-mobile uses Sim cards for the network.. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA. So if you flash anything from this thread (Sprint S3) you will brick your phone.. Just trying to ensure you don't cause any damage to render your phone nothing more then a paper weight.

Quick correction. While verizon still uses cdma in their network their LTE phones use Sim cards unlike sprint.

lj27416

Sep 14, 2009
No

There is way more involved in changing a phone from one carrier to another. Reading/Writing SPC is only the beggining.
If you send the 16-Digit Samsung Default Password you can pretty much do anything to this specific model.

Once i get a chance i will post how to get this model Fully Flashed to Cricket/PagePlus the "manual" way. (Via CDMA Workshop, QPST, etc.)
Would that be useful to anyone here?

lj

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Also the only carriers that accept foreign MEID (CDMA Version of the IMEI)
Are MVNOs or Cricket/Pageplus/MetroPCS etc....
to my knowledge Verizon does NOT accept MEID that are not VZW

LJ

Reactions: Tamakashi

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
Quick correction. While verizon still uses cdma in their network their LTE phones use Sim cards unlike sprint.

Sprint's LTE uses a SIM card as well (just like Verizon), it's just embedded where you can't see it or get to it without taking the phone apart.

Sprint and Verizon are similar in their network, both are CDMA (use the same CDMA freq, can roam off each other for voice and 3G data) but use different LTE frequencies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is an easy way to do. So easy a cave man can do it.

I am assuming that you know your MSL code, if you don't there are many guides on this forum for that.
    I am using QPST 2.7 Build 374.

1)You must downgrade your radio to LG2 (search the forum, there are guides to do that)
    2)After you downgrade, you will be able to read the phone in QPST EFS explorer.
    3)Read the phone with EFS explorer
    4)Move NV item 85 to a folder to your desktop. Change it to "000000" hex code 303030303030
    5)Load back the NV item back to your phone and Voila, you are done.

After your change your SPC to "000000" you can upgrade your radio again.

Do not PM me, feel free to ask questions on here.
    Are you using the full version of revskills or will the trial work. I have the same issue, I've tried dropping someone else's 85 into my nv items using QPST's efs explorer but it always shows as 0 bytes when transferred and doesn't change my SPC

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Its trial version only. Try the attached item no 85.

Hey billiard. For some reason when I extract the zip file you attached it creates a file called 85 that is 0 bytes. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    Try the attached item no 85.
    For those trying to flash their phone to other carriers.

Might be helpful to add this to the OP. (Title) to prevent further ? and confusion.
    Pardon my noobness, can this also be used on the i747 to allow me to flash the international 4.1.2 i9300 ?
    I'm itching to get the 4.1.2, but I don't want to root just yet.

I747 has different internals then the I9300, Flashing anything for the I9300 on a US version will brick it. Unless you want a $500 paperweight, then don't do it! lol.. (Seen alot of post lately with someone rooting and flashing a I9300 rom.. It has a Quad core processor and some other goodies as ours has a Dual core.) Just wait for the release!

He is refering to other carriers Such as Boost, Verizon, T-mobile things like that.
    ok i know putting the phones spc to 000000 is a good thing

but could someone please explain what it actually does and what it actually unlocks

to my understanding its like this
    06 digit spc/msl unlockes the /epst where we can adjust most settings with tools like dfs or cdmaws
    16 digit password unlocks the /efs correct? it allows decryption of it i believe (correct me if im wrong)
    root access just allows you to have total access of / but if they are encrypted which they normally are without the passwords above

so what does the spc to 000000 actually do????

please dont say "its the master unlock" or "it makes it easier on switching carriers" as i want to know what area it decrypts or unhides or allows access to or whatnot
    thanks