Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]

Search This thread

championswimmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
android.championswimmer.tk
Xperia Z is a raw beast! It can be made a full fledged beast with the help of our awesome devs. So who all [devs] are buying it? All users can add rumours or expected devs names too.

Sure devs list (will be listed once the dev buys the cell)-
1) Free Xperia Team (fxp, bin4ry, defer, kali)
2)krabappel2548

Expected/ wished list-
1)-
2) doomlord
3) codeworkx
4) franco
5) gokhanmoral
6) indie
7) Entropy512
8) Till-Kruspe
9) zdzihu
10) Johnsodr80
11) nikholtus
12) riyal
13) pongnamu
14) chasmodo
15) antiochasylum
16) utacka
Start commenting on it guys.
add codeworkx and entropy512 into the "sure" list ;)
they have it :p

varshil

Sep 4, 2010
mumbai
Jumped ship? Didn't you get the nexus 4?

;)

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app

Yea i have nexus 4 only.. Just put a xperia theme along with it apps.. So had to update my buildprop with xperia z's name to make those apps work.. Well its tough for me to stay without xperia flavour.. Lol:D

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

charlodroid

Aug 12, 2012
yorkshire
Coming from the Galaxy SII, the thought of having CodeworkX and Entropy on the case fills me with joy. Bit early to rely on them joining us until they confirm they have the device, but lets all keep our fingers crossed. It is mainly because of watching them struggle with the SII that I have switched to Sony this time, I know they expect a lot of support from a Sony/ Qualcomm combination.

Be nice to see Espenjo too. He has done good stuff for the SII.

With the devs we all see already in the Development sections the XZ is sure looking like it's going to be epic. Rooted and recovery even before release. I feel warm all over

:D :D :D

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Coming from the Galaxy SII, the thought of having CodeworkX and Entropy on the case fills me with joy. Bit early to rely on them joining us until they confirm they have the device, but lets all keep our fingers crossed. It is mainly because of watching them struggle with the SII that I have switched to Sony this time, I know they expect a lot of support from a Sony/ Qualcomm combination.

Be nice to see Espenjo too. He has done good stuff for the SII.

With the devs we all see already in the Development sections the XZ is sure looking like it's going to be epic. Rooted and recovery even before release. I feel warm all over

:D :D :D

I do have one... I've been keeping quiet about it since it's a C6603 (wrong bands for my country, but seems to be mostly usable at least in my area) from an undisclosed source. :)

Still on just rooted stock... I'll probably switch to CM this weekend, more out of "I should be doing more work on this device than using it to kick ass at Ingress" than out of any dislike for the stock firmware... Stock on this device is NICE.

Reactions: pongnamu

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
I do have one... I've been keeping quiet about it since it's a C6603 (wrong bands for my country, but seems to be mostly usable at least in my area) from an undisclosed source. :)

Still on just rooted stock... I'll probably switch to CM this weekend, more out of "I should be doing more work on this device than using it to kick ass at Ingress" than out of any dislike for the stock firmware... Stock on this device is NICE.

stock on most xperia devices is nice ;)

very stable and functional

alex3305

Jul 4, 2007
Tilburg

Oh god Andrew. You can't believe it, but you just made my day. Out of all the devs I have followed over the years (from Symbian to Windows Phone to Android), I think you are one of the few real developers. A lot of the devs are just repackers in my opinion and you seem to know a lot about Android and embedded systems which is great.

Thanks again for supporting the Note and I hope great things will come from you :).

charlodroid

Aug 12, 2012
yorkshire

Well if your here the device is already epic.

Hope you get pleasure writing code for it, the frustration you have with Samsung was horrible to witness.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Well if your here the device is already epic.

Hope you get pleasure writing code for it, the frustration you have with Samsung was horrible to witness.

I've had an Xperia T since late December - it's a great device to work with, although in some aspects it (just like a Nexus) has an aspect of difficulty to it - the original firmware is of such high quality that you've got to be REALLY careful not to accidentally cause a regression.

Yes CM10.1 on the T has had some issues lately, but mostly that's due to failed experiments... Rebasing the kernel onto the Mako kernel proved to not be workable in the long run and switching back is taking longer than hoped. None of that is Sony's fault though, so even though things seem like a behind-schedule mess, the critical difference is: The more I worked with Samsungs the less hope I felt that I'd ever be able to reach completion. With the Sony, it's different - yeah there are some challenging roadblocks, but never such a mountain of broken **** you lose hope. See CM10 on the T - I think that's incredibly well polished at this point.

Mar 14, 2013
Entropy512 has been considering it.
27.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AW: Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]

FXP team (and so the CM Xperia Team) will definelty support this devices, just to confirm and you can stop asking via PN ;)

Regards
    Hey all!
    I just bought a Z. So i will jump into the development too ;)
    I gotta say, I'm very impressed with the Z, it's gonna be fun digging into the kernel sources.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    Considering? Cody n Entropy are definitely coming.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using XDA Premium app!
    Not definite... As I stated earlier in this thread, it depends on the whole North American availability situation. I hate greymarket imports.

If I may say something about donation drives, I'd like to say something. I'm not against it, but actually I don't really like the concept on the other hand. To be honest it's never quite fair to make a donation drive for only one or 2 developers.

Then some others would feel like they are less important for the community. The developers that really want the device will come eventually most of the time :)

Thanks

I really dislike donation drives. In the long run, it makes things worse off for users. Donation drive recipients are often people who hop devices frequently, and users rarely get their money's worth.

Donation drives make sense when:
    A device has been on the market for a few weeks and there has been a clearly identified roadblock that needs expert assistance. For example, a locked bootloader.
    A device has been on the market for a few months and no one has yet "stepped up".

It's far better to give someone who actually chose to purchase the device with their own money some time to get up to speed than to get a "quick fix" from someone who will probably drop the device after only a month or two, or will shovel something out and then rapidly drop support.
    I am not sure whether you guys know me, cause I work on 2010 Xperias (x10mini, pro and x8). I will develop for xperia z and zl, too :)

Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk 2