Moving from XMP to XP

Search This thread

mihaum

Jun 6, 2012
Moto X4
Is it worth changing my old Mango for an Xperia Pro? Have anyone had both of them? I know they are basically the same phones, but XP has bigger screen - that's the main reason I'd like to buy one. How're the slider and the keyboard?

iPusak Gaoq™

Mar 21, 2012
Kuching
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi A3
Is it worth changing my old Mango for an Xperia Pro? Have anyone had both of them? I know they are basically the same phones, but XP has bigger screen - that's the main reason I'd like to buy one. How're the slider and the keyboard?

Well...the only different between both phone are Xperia Pro has....

1. larger screen with 265 ppi pixel density (XMP got only 192 ppi)
2. Got 8MP camera (XMP only have 5MP)
3. 1500 mAh battery (XMP has 1200 mAh battery)
4. GPU, RAM, Internal Memory, Wifi, Bluetooth and etc are pretty much the same....

but in the end its not how much better specs Xperia Pro has than XMP but how much custom rom, custom kernel and support by dev on Xperia Pro than XMP...

Abhinav1997

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 29, 2012
Well I won't recommend you to buy Xperia Pro, because there won't be much support from sony and I don't think buying a 2011 device in 2014 is good. Instead go with some other device in same range with better support.
Just my advice ;)

Cheers,
AJ

mihaum

Jun 6, 2012
Moto X4
@iPusak Gaoq™, thanks for the reply, but it wasn't too helpful ;)
@Abhinav2, I am aware of that, but there are not many phones available in my country with HW keyboard, and these which are there, are either older or too expensive ;) As for the support, there is none since ICS :p