[GUIDE] How to solve dsixda kitchen deodexing abort .*odex problem

Search This thread

Shikhar A

Mar 28, 2013
Bangalore
How To solve dsixda kitchen abort .*odex during Deodexing

So guys i was trying to deodex a ROM via kitchen and i had the abort .*odex and none of the files got deodexed ? I tried googling but didnt find a solution anywhere .. Then i figured it on my own .. I would like to share it with you all

Problem Screenshots

1379551_1387682528169197_2023360910_n.jpg

Solution :

1. First Download the latest stable smali and baksmali .jar from here : https://code.google.com/p/smali/downloads/list

2. You smali and baksmali name should be in the format baksmali-x.x.x.jar and smali-x.x.x.jar ( x.x.x - version number for eg mine in 2.0.3)

3. Copy the baksmali-x.x.x.jar and smali-x.x.x.jar to

Code:
  (Drive- which ever consists cygwin):\cygwin\home\(user :what even is your name)\kitchen\tools\deodex_files )

i.e copy the file to , under you cygwin folder -> home -> (you user name) -> kitchen -> tool -> deodex_files folder

4.Using notepad ++ , open use_this_version.txt in deodex_files folder replace the number whatever is there in the beginning with x.x.x - the
version of your latest smali and baksmali jar

5.Save it

6. Open Kitchen and try to deodex, it should work fine ...

SOME SOLUTION SCREEN SHOTS :

1622863_1387709668166483_333365496_n.jpg

And i know i have made a typo - lastest for latest!

1619557_1387710188166431_1700040078_n.jpg

HIT THANKS IF THIS HELPS :D

Last edited:

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Are there any other files you suggest updating from the stock kitchen to get it further up to date?
Just curious as we just got kitkat 4.4.2 and I was going to take a crack at it but want to make sure I get all the latest information.

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
I'm not sure if the OP updated anything else, but so far it works great for me with the updated smali/baksmali.

Edit: I did search the Web and found a newer aapt and used that too.

Reactions: tdunham

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
Yea, good to see you. I was told to try that kitchen too but I have a windows laptop and haven't had a chance to set up virtualbox.

tdunham

Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
I'll look into it when I get a chance.
Not familiar with virtualbox but VMware recognizes the bootable OS cd and does an easy install for you of multiple operating systems. Its pretty slick.
Plus you can take snapshots of the OS so you can 'go back' easily in case you're testing something out and want to revert to an earlier build or whatever.

Shikhar A

Mar 28, 2013
Bangalore
Are there any other files you suggest updating from the stock kitchen to get it further up to date?
Just curious as we just got kitkat 4.4.2 and I was going to take a crack at it but want to make sure I get all the latest information.

it depends... well .. i guess latest baksmali and smali jar support kitkat api ... so you should just upgrade to those... and the latest apktool jar... thats it i guess.. for deodexing....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How To solve dsixda kitchen abort .*odex during Deodexing

So guys i was trying to deodex a ROM via kitchen and i had the abort .*odex and none of the files got deodexed ? I tried googling but didnt find a solution anywhere .. Then i figured it on my own .. I would like to share it with you all

Problem Screenshots

1379551_1387682528169197_2023360910_n.jpg

Solution :

1. First Download the latest stable smali and baksmali .jar from here : https://code.google.com/p/smali/downloads/list

2. You smali and baksmali name should be in the format baksmali-x.x.x.jar and smali-x.x.x.jar ( x.x.x - version number for eg mine in 2.0.3)

3. Copy the baksmali-x.x.x.jar and smali-x.x.x.jar to

Code:
      (Drive- which ever consists cygwin):\cygwin\home\(user :what even is your name)\kitchen\tools\deodex_files )

i.e copy the file to , under you cygwin folder -> home -> (you user name) -> kitchen -> tool -> deodex_files folder

4.Using notepad ++ , open use_this_version.txt in deodex_files folder replace the number whatever is there in the beginning with x.x.x - the
    version of your latest smali and baksmali jar

5.Save it

6. Open Kitchen and try to deodex, it should work fine ...

SOME SOLUTION SCREEN SHOTS :

1622863_1387709668166483_333365496_n.jpg

And i know i have made a typo - lastest for latest!

1619557_1387710188166431_1700040078_n.jpg

HIT THANKS IF THIS HELPS :D
    I'm not sure if the OP updated anything else, but so far it works great for me with the updated smali/baksmali.

Edit: I did search the Web and found a newer aapt and used that too.
    Yea, good to see you. I was told to try that kitchen too but I have a windows laptop and haven't had a chance to set up virtualbox.

I use vmware with ubuntu in a virtual session. Works well.

It better to run Kitchen in Ubuntu /Linux Mint... much faster... VMware is way too slow... in linux based it uses SWAP very efficiently...