[Q] htc evo 3d boot loop stuck

Search This thread

sterling98

May 3, 2014
Hey guys

first of all great site...
second ill walk you through my problem.
Im canadian and on rogers network.No mods to phone.purly factory.
one day my phone wouldnt call out so i restarted the phone.all it did from there on was boot to the white HTC screen then to black screen then to white HTC screen. so i know it was stuck in a boot loop.. i booted it up into hboot and tryed recovery.no go.just keeps booting.also tryed factory reset.same thing.then by acident i scrolled down to power off.. since then the phone shows the red charging light on then off when pluged in and i cant get back into hboot screen.

im pretty good with computers and did alot of reading before i made this post, so if you have any ideas that i can try or have any questions i will do my best to try what you say i can do to get this back up and running.

thanks in advance:good:

sterling98

May 3, 2014
Hey guys

first of all great site...
second ill walk you through my problem.
Im canadian and on rogers network.No mods to phone.purly factory.
one day my phone wouldnt call out so i restarted the phone.all it did from there on was boot to the white HTC screen then to black screen then to white HTC screen. so i know it was stuck in a boot loop.. i booted it up into hboot and tryed recovery.no go.just keeps booting.also tryed factory reset.same thing.then by acident i scrolled down to power off.. since then the phone shows the red charging light on then off when pluged in and i cant get back into hboot screen.

im pretty good with computers and did alot of reading before i made this post, so if you have any ideas that i can try or have any questions i will do my best to try what you say i can do to get this back up and running.

thanks in advance:good:

update

had a company test my battery.it was dead so they charged it up. now i am able to get back into hboot but phone still boot loops to HTC screen only and i cant charge my battery in this state.. everything is factory with no modes.

Can someone help me try to get this thing up and running?

thanks

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Does a battery charge when the phone is off? If so does the USB recognize when you plug it into a computer? Would reflash stock firmware. All info will be deleted from phone

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sterling98

sterling98

May 3, 2014
Does a battery charge when the phone is off? If so does the USB recognize when you plug it into a computer? Would reflash stock firmware. All info will be deleted from phone

the red light comes on for ten sec then off...the pc recognizes the phone but keeps dissconecting and reconecting to the pc.. and the pc says error for the usb device. is there a how to reflash via pc or mini flash card through hboot on the phone?

thanks

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Sounds like battery is bad, yes you can flash from sdcard. Need to find your stock firmware in pg86img.zip. put that on root of sdcard. hboot will flash.

sterling98

May 3, 2014
Sounds like battery is bad, yes you can flash from sdcard. Need to find your stock firmware in pg86img.zip. put that on root of sdcard. hboot will flash.

does anyone have a link to my stock firmware for rogers provider.not sure if that matters.. also my S is on will this method work?

thanks

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
PG86IMG.ZIP is the name the zip file you are trying to flash needs to be. You need to find the firmware for your carrier, it more then likely will come as an ruu windows application. The rom.zip will be in temp folder when you run the app, while running you copy rom.zip and rename to PG86IMG.ZIP

sterling98

May 3, 2014
PG86IMG.ZIP is the name the zip file you are trying to flash needs to be. You need to find the firmware for your carrier, it more then likely will come as an ruu windows application. The rom.zip will be in temp folder when you run the app, while running you copy rom.zip and rename to PG86IMG.ZIP

thanks will try try to find one and post back..

sterling98

May 3, 2014
shooter v pvt ship s-on rl
hboot 1.53.0007
emmc-boot
may 22 2012

is what i have in hboot

update failed
main version is older

sterling98

May 3, 2014
ok got a firmware to write to it updated every field.it rebooted and then now keeps rebooting same as before.

any more ideas

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
I think it might be a battery issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.