[MOD][S-OFF] SIM Unlock Your HTC ONE M8 GSM *NOT SPRINT*

Search This thread

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Help me out please.I bought a phone from craigs and it came with sprint rom.I thought it was a sprint phone and used it for a month.Now i was just looking at the phone and i found out that the "model : 0P6B100" on the back bottom side of my HTC M8 .I searched and found out that it is a Europe unlocked version, which is pretty great but in my bootloader it shows "m8_Mhl "
I am so confused seriously! Can someone sort it out please??

I don't see what your question has to do (at least directly) to this thread?

I think you mean the "product" (as its called in the getvar output) is m8_whl ? There is no product m8_mhl: http://droider.eu/2014/09/20/htc-one-m8-models/

Not positive, but my feeling is that it is the Sprint variant. Reason I say that, is that its more likely the product (m8_whl) is correct, and the model ID (MID) has been changed by the previous owner.

I don't know of an existing mod to change the product ID. Although I'm sure such a thing is possible with the necessary know-how, I haven't seen any posted mod to do so; and don't see why you would want to do this (which is also probably the primary reason nobody has ever bothered to find or post a method to change product ID).

In contrast, there is an existing mod to change MID, and its pretty common to do so (along with the CID) as it allows the flashing of other carrier RUUs and firmwares.

Last edited:

siddardhab

Jun 21, 2011
Guys I need some help. I cant find any the answer anywhere.

I have a Tmobile M8 and I also have a unlock code provided by the carrier.

I am planning to sell the device, but a seller is willing to pay me extra if I can convert it into unlocked edition. The thing is, I don't know what happens with the unlock code if I convert it into unlocked edition.

• Should I Sim Unlock first then flash the RUU? Will this method work?
  • Or if I flash the RUU and ship the device with the Sim unlock code, will the buyer be able ti use it?

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Guys I need some help. I cant find any the answer anywhere.

I have a Tmobile M8 and I also have a unlock code provided by the carrier.

I am planning to sell the device, but a seller is willing to pay me extra if I can convert it into unlocked edition. The thing is, I don't know what happens with the unlock code if I convert it into unlocked edition.

• Should I Sim Unlock first then flash the RUU? Will this method work?
  • Or if I flash the RUU and ship the device with the Sim unlock code, will the buyer be able ti use it?

Your post has nothing to do with this thread, or even this forum section. This thread is for a SIM unlock mod (not with a code) and this forum section is specific to the AT&T version.

But to answer your question, NO, SIM unlock will not convert the phone to the unlocked version. All it will do is allow the use of non-T-Mobile SIM cards. The phone will still have the current T-Mobile ROM.

To fully convert, you would need to s-off (sunshine which is $25 US) change the phone's CID and MID, then run the proper RUU for the unlocked version.

If none of this is familiar to you, I would recommend just selling the phone "as-is". S-off alone will cost you more money. So unless the buyer is paying you a premium to do these things (which will also cost you time, its a significant set of modifications), its simply not worth it.

Ihtiyorjonson

Nov 21, 2013
Tashkent
Unlocked M8 T-Mobile

Thanks a lot. Unlocked M8 T-Mobile and tested with other operator sim card. Working fine. After Just need configure APN manually.

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Hello guys! Same problem for me....the bootloader has sim locked function. The carrier is Orange UK .
By the way the link in the first page don't work. Any solution? THX

It been thoroughly discussed on this thread, that the s-off SIM unlock method no longer works (particularly if you are on Lollipop). You will need to use a pay SIM unlock service.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Here is a method (confirmed working by Me) to SIM Unlock your HTC ONE M8 GSM ONLY NOT FOR SPRINT for other SIM cards for use on other GSM networks.

Before we begin I wish to inform you that I did not create this tool. It is the property of sieempi.

You MUST be S-OFF & have External SD for this to work.

S-OFF METHOD or http://theroot.ninja/ if you can't S-OFF with first method

Usual disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. Use this mod at your own risk.

as pointed by @GSLEON3 you could only do the SuperCid "11111111" described bellow after S-OFF and it will also unlock your device but if for some reason you change back your CID you will lose the unlock the other method unlock the device forever

SUPER CID WILL NOT SIM UNLOCK YOU DEVICE FROM CARRIER

how to SuperCID your device after S-OFF

[NOOBS Guide] HTC ONE SUPERCID method via fastboot

or permanent method

Instructions:

1) Go to this site: http://www.sieempi.eu/blog/2011/09/22/universal-sim-unlock-for-s-offed-htc-devices-536

2) You'll notice that the HTC ONE M8 is not listed in the supported devices, but the process does work.

3) Supply a valid IMEI and email address on the form on that page and where it says "Phone Type" put HTC ONE M8 , and they will email you a Config.Dat file to put on the root of your EXTERNAL SD card.

4) Reboot into bootloader, select "SIMLock" and it'll apply the config file.

5) Follow the instructions on the phone and reboot when it tells you to. If you get an "OpenCID File Fail" error, this is normal, proceed anyway!

6) Once you've rebooted, your HTC One M8 should be fully SIM Unlocked!

7) Put in a foreign SIM card and test it out

8) for Sprint M8 devices only Thanks to @pisang_azafor pointing and @nikme for the original thread follow this instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2682242

If you have any questions, please refer to the linked site as I will be limited in how I can help since I am not the original creator of the tool.

Credits:
    Adrian Campeanu (sieempi) - for the tool, because you know, it's his intellectual property and stuff
    Binary - for sharing the site that has the tool and for risking his device to make sure it works (THANKS!!! )
    Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1272080

PS. I encourage donations to the tool maker who actually created this tool. You can find his donation button on the linked unlocking site.

This info was taken from this HTC Amaze forum thanks to @electronicrice for putting together the original thread that can be found here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1659430
    Hello guys,

Here is a method (confirmed working by Me) to SIM Unlock your HTC ONE M8 for other SIM cards for use on other GSM networks.

Before we begin I wish to inform you that I did not create this tool. It is the property of sieempi.

You MUST be S-OFF for this to work.

S-OFF METHOD

Usual disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. Use this mod at your own risk.

Instructions:

1) Go to this site: http://www.sieempi.eu/blog/2011/09/2...tc-devices-536

2) You'll notice that the HTC ONE M8 is not listed in the supported devices, but the process does work.

3) Supply a valid IMEI and email address on the form on that page and where it says "Phone Type" put HTC Amaze 4G, and they will email you a Config.Dat file to put on the root of your external SD card.

5) Follow the instructions on the phone and reboot when it tells you to. If you get an "OpenCID File Fail" error, this is normal, proceed anyway!

6) Once you've rebooted, your Amaze should be fully SIM Unlocked!

If you have any questions, please refer to the linked site as I will be limited in how I can help since I am not the original creator of the tool.

Credits:
    Adrian Campeanu (sieempi) - for the tool, because you know, it's his intellectual property and stuff
    Binary - for sharing the site that has the tool and for risking his device to make sure it works (THANKS!!! )
    Source: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1272080

PS. I encourage donations to the tool maker who actually created this tool. You can find his donation button on the linked unlocking site.

Why is all the text white?

Can't see it
    Hello guys! Same problem for me....the bootloader has sim locked function. The carrier is Orange UK .
    By the way the link in the first page don't work. Any solution? THX

It been thoroughly discussed on this thread, that the s-off SIM unlock method no longer works (particularly if you are on Lollipop). You will need to use a pay SIM unlock service.
    Hello I am living in Turkey;
    And I could manage to open simlock with this thread!

Thank you very much.
    (PS : It didn't work without S-Off)
    Phone is HTC M8 AT&T 32GB

Hello guys,

Here is a method (confirmed working by Me) to SIM Unlock your HTC ONE M8 for other SIM cards for use on other GSM networks.

You MUST be S-OFF & have External SD for this to work.

S-OFF METHOD

as pointed by @GSLEON3 you could only do the SuperCid "11111111" described bellow after S-OFF and it will also unlock your device but if for some reason you change back your CID you will lose the unlock the other method unlock the device forever

how to SuperCID your device after S-OFF

[NOOBS Guide] HTC ONE SUPERCID method via fastboot

or permanent method

Instructions:

1) Go to this site: http://www.sieempi.eu/blog/2011/09/22/universal-sim-unlock-for-s-offed-htc-devices-536

3) Supply a valid IMEI and email address on the form on that page and where it says "Phone Type" put HTC ONE M8 , and they will email you a Config.Dat file to put on the root of your EXTERNAL SD card.

6) Once you've rebooted, your HTC One M8 should be fully SIM Unlocked!

8) for Sprint M8 devices only Thanks to @pisang_azafor pointing and @nikme for the original thread follow this instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2682242

Credits:
    Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1272080

This info was taken from this HTC Amaze forum thanks to @electronicrice for putting together the original thread that can be found here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1659430
    there is any other solution without s-off ??? or S-off free solution

You're asking for the same thing twice, with those 2 sentences.

In any case, try reading my post right above yours.