How much data do YOU use?

Search This thread

jacob1189

Apr 20, 2012
I just got online and checked my data usage on AT&T, and I used about 100 Gig this pay period...good thing i have unlimited after being transferred from Alltel ;)

How much do you all use?

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
100gig WTF ARE YOU using that much data for .. BTW this is nothing more than a e-peenis stroking contest ... and will turn south REALLY fast

jacob1189

Apr 20, 2012
I use my phone for Wifi at home. and I didn't mean to create a thread doomed for disaster...let's hope it doesn't become that!?

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
and this ladies and gents is WHY phone carriers put caps on data ... don't try and defend it 100g is ****ing crazy simple crazy your phones data is not meant to POWER the whole freaking house's internets

T

tmease1

1.8 gb, Im a normal user.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
~0.75-1.5 GB.... never crossed 1.5 GB. Typical - 0.75 - 1.25 GB in any given month, including use of maps, etc. I don't stream music or videos, except maybe once in a while when totally bored.

And as far as using as WiFi at home, get a basic cable internet for like 20 or 30 a month. You'll atleast help people connected to your tower get better speeds.

jacob1189

Apr 20, 2012
lol well I tether to my laptop to watch Netflix in the back of my truck out and about, and i use Pandora quite a bit... 100gig is my biggest month ever, but i loved alltel and they gave me unlimited data no problem...so ATT had better honor that for what i pay, and i do plan on getting Wifi at home, however most of my data usage is movies on the go.

apallohadas

Sep 4, 2010
Let me guess: when you get busted using your 100 gigs tethered, the next thread will be "att is mean to me and it's not fair! "

Sent from my not-an-iPod

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
lol well I tether to my laptop to watch Netflix in the back of my truck out and about, and i use Pandora quite a bit... 100gig is my biggest month ever, but i loved alltel and they gave me unlimited data no problem...so ATT had better honor that for what i pay, and i do plan on getting Wifi at home, however most of my data usage is movies on the go.

fat chance they will shut you down lol

PharmNerd

Oct 29, 2011
My biggest month? 114mb. Seriously.

Which is why I've used GoPhone for the last year. Ten bucks a month.

That is, until AT&T just decided that in order to get data, I need to buy $25 worth of airtime I don't need. F*** AT&T.

jacob1189

Apr 20, 2012
guess what they monitor data usage more than att ( i sell cellphones ) i have loads of people coming in *****ing about straight talk

Yeah i know, my girlfriend has them and they called her around 2GB and said to stop being excessive or they will close the account. but if i wasn't paying $80 for my plan, i could afford Wifi, so I think i'd be *ok*

jacob1189

Apr 20, 2012
You said most of your usage was on the go. So I'm not sure what wifi has to do with it unless you're talking about a mobile hotspot.

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium

yeah that's the downside to using regular data and having wifi at home... i lose the ability to watch movies "abroad" but i guess i'll deal with that dilemma when it's here.

Top Liked Posts