okay, so I got a used fascinate...

Search This thread

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
and it was on 2.2.1 i believe, now I'm on 2.2.2 but want to go to GB. the only problem is I didn't make a backup of the stock and can't seem to find a reliable GB update zip online. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can find one?

bobthesalesclerk

Apr 26, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
You don't want to go to gingerbread man. We have some really awesome/stable ics builds and Samsung phones are super easy to flash a custom rom onto. I have aokp m5 running on my girlfriends s2 and she knows nothing about phones. She hasn't had a problem yet.

sent from my ice cream sandwiched Samsung fascinate

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
You don't want to go to gingerbread man. We have some really awesome/stable ics builds and Samsung phones are super easy to flash a custom rom onto. I have aokp m5 running on my girlfriends s2 and she knows nothing about phones. She hasn't had a problem yet.

bro, can i go to ICS straight from froyo?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA

jawman27

Jan 14, 2012
Yes, it shouldn't be a problem to skip GB entirely. Like our fearless leader said, any of the OPs will have installation instructions. If you need more detailed instructions, droidstyle's guide is the only way to go for Fascinate users. It has working links to any file you could need.

Reactions: ztotherad

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes, it shouldn't be a problem to skip GB entirely. Like our fearless leader said, any of the OPs will have installation instructions. If you need more detailed instructions, droidstyle's guide is the only way to go for Fascinate users. It has working links to any file you could need.

i will fershur try it tomorrow and report back, hopefully i dont brick it..

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010

No such thing on the fascinate.. Only thing that will truly brick it is
1 flashing ROM for another phone
2 touching the phone button in Odin

Always use PDA never phone..
And if you do something really bad to your device to get the impossible brick there's an unbrickable mod

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
back in my stupid days I flashed a rom for the at&t galaxy s i9000. Odin fixed it. these phones are awesome

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro

And if you do something really bad to your device to get the impossible brick there's an unbrickable mod

you guys are super helpful, ty
and sorry for all the questions, im coming from a droid x2 from motorola, no unlocked bootloader, few ROMS but the coolest people ever! im glad i have this fassy because im thinking im sticking w samsung for a while now

back in my stupid days I flashed a rom for the at&t galaxy s i9000. Odin fixed it. these phones are awesome

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
you guys are super helpful, ty
and sorry for all the questions, im coming from a droid x2 from motorola, no unlocked bootloader, few ROMS but the coolest people ever! im glad i have this fassy because im thinking im sticking w samsung for a while now

you remember encounterics x on the Droid x?

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
you remember encounterics x on the Droid x?

no bro i dont, i never owned the OG Droid X, my first android phone was the Motorola Devour and then i upgraded to the X2, now im on the fassy w everything i need and love; open development

so I got ICS (team hacksung ICS build 1 to boot on my fassy, now I'm definitely going to play with some other ICS ROMS. Thanks guys for all the guides and such. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
Glitched aokp build. Make sure you grab it from the exynos server..not aokp.

jawman27

Jan 14, 2012
Yes, the Glitch kernel is already incorporated into the ROM.

While I'm here, may I suggest the DEVIOUS build of milestone 5 just a few posts down in the development forum. It is absolutely flawless, and I love the dark google apps. It is glitched AOKP, and it is beautiful.

The installation involves a few extra steps, but if you're comfortable with flashing, it's nothing.

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro

While I'm here, may I suggest the DEVIOUS build of milestone 5 just a few posts down in the development forum. It is absolutely flawless, and I love the dark google apps. It is glitched AOKP, and it is beautiful.

The installation involves a few extra steps, but if you're comfortable with flashing, it's nothing.

I'll definitely try it, right now I'm on Gummy 1.0 and downloading Glitched AOKP Milestone 5. I'm seriously lovin' ICS on the fassy. I need to download CM9 and look at it cause I've only played with CM7. Also, I need to download MIUI4, but which do you recommend from MIUI (like which version)?

bobthesalesclerk

Apr 26, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I'll definitely try it, right now I'm on Gummy 1.0 and downloading Glitched AOKP Milestone 5. I'm seriously lovin' ICS on the fassy. I need to download CM9 and look at it cause I've only played with CM7. Also, I need to download MIUI4, but which do you recommend from MIUI (like which version)?

I remember when cm7 first came to the fassy and how excited everyone was. Now that I have been on ICS pretty much since the first THS build I could never go back to gingerbread.

P.s. not discrediting JT or anything. He is a god amongst noobs.

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
I remember when cm7 first came to the fassy and how excited everyone was. Now that I have been on ICS pretty much since the first THS build I could never go back to gingerbread.

P.s. not discrediting JT or anything. He is a god amongst noobs.

so right now im running SC3 since i cant seem to get my sdcard to mount on OMGB or any AOSP GB roms, but i can get it to mount on ICS roms so idk its a 16gb class 4

on a side note, sometimes I hate odin, haha.

another question: can you flash the eh09 radio even though youre on ICS? my signal sucks and im on AOKP-glitched-milestone5

Last edited:

bobthesalesclerk

Apr 26, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
so right now im running SC3 since i cant seem to get my sdcard to mount on OMGB or any AOSP GB roms, but i can get it to mount on ICS roms so idk its a 16gb class 4

another question: can you flash the eh09 radio even though youre on ICS? my signal sucks and im on AOKP-glitched-milestone5

I had a lot of problems with class 4 cards on aosp GB on the fassy.

Also as for the modem...yes. modems and rooms have nothing to do with each other. You can run dl09 on ICS If you wanted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I had a lot of problems with class 4 cards on aosp GB on the fassy.

Also as for the modem...yes. modems and rooms have nothing to do with each other. You can run dl09 on ICS If you wanted.