Playground ICS [New Era]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

armada786

Feb 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah, being the first LTE device really fouled us up. I think some of us realized that going in. I wouldn't trade 4g for ICS.

And to the guy talking about how hard it is to write a RIL, the HTC Vogue had an epic Android port (pre-HD2, I might add) including a seriously hacked together RIL. When that happened, android didn't have a CDMA framework, so the devs made the RIL pretend to be GSM. Good times, that.

Obviously it's not impossible, it just takes some serious know-how and dedication. Unfortunately, everything I've heard about LTE radios has been not so great. Just trying to explain the why behind the RIL. Not that that'll get everyone to simmer down. :rolleyes:

what be up

Sep 9, 2011
When I try to open chrome beta, it just hot reboots my phone. Is it the rom or the app? O and just fyi, the camcorder's display shows up, but it doesn't record or save. Keep up the good work :D

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
When I try to open chrome beta, it just hot reboots my phone. Is it the rom or the app? O and just fyi, the camcorder's display shows up, but it doesn't record or save. Keep up the good work :D

I only had that problem with Chrome when I changed the DPI. The Camcorder has shown a preview for quite a while it's the actual recording and saving of the file that has been the problem.

oneders65

Feb 12, 2008
Plainview, TX
I'm not sure if I'm downloading the right file. I went to the website and chose my device. Tried the dropbox most recent and got an error message and will not download. Tried the dev link with file date of April 10th and flashed the Rom. Played with the Rom and noticed data was not working for me. Is the working available or are the finishing touches still being worked on?

*Nevermind! I thought mobile data and camcorder had been fixed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
Well on the latest build Camcorder records on 720p however it force closes. But one difference I found is it actually makes a video file and saves it however the video player can't read it I'm assuming it just fails to encode the whole file and that's why it doesn't work. You are getting so close twisted! I know soon we'll have working Camcorder!

eikoo

Feb 27, 2011
So bugs I came across

Rom Manager does not work correctly in ICS. I does not detect recovery correctly.

Google Play text garbled in the search bar.

Everthing seems just a tad big.

The known camcorder crashing issue.

Google Chrome Crashes on launch.

Good work and thank you.

eikoo

Feb 27, 2011
Also proximity sensor does not work when making voip calls.

The other person could not hear me.

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
Also proximity sensor does not work when making voip calls.

The other person could not hear me.

Chrome works fine to me. I don't really know about rom manager since I use Boot Manager to run the rom from my SD Card. For the most part there isn't a lot of point of reporting bugs till we actually get a leaked update then I'm sure most of this will be fixed pretty easily.

Reactions: dublinz

ijeenyus

Oct 2, 2009
Just installed the new build. LOVE bootup screen, very original. Nicely done!

Update: Everything looks good to go. Panorama and camera works great

Last edited:

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
Ok I tried out the new build and it seems like everything is slow and freezes up it was actually working better when I flashed it without a wipe lol. But so far camcorder doesn't work. Anyways hopefully next build is a bit better keep up the good work. :)

I was wondering Twisted if you could replace Nova with Apex if everyone else is ok with that? Does anyone else prefer Apex over Nova like I do? If you don't it's fine I can unzip and rezip like I've been doing.

what be up

Sep 9, 2011
Ok I tried out the new build and it seems like everything is slow and freezes up it was actually working better when I flashed it without a wipe lol. But so far camcorder doesn't work. Anyways hopefully next build is a bit better keep up the good work. :)

I was wondering Twisted if you could replace Nova with Apex if everyone else is ok with that? Does anyone else prefer Apex over Nova like I do? If you don't it's fine I can unzip and rezip like I've been doing.

I've used it before..I think they're both very good, so I'd go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts