Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

LogeshMenon

Jan 23, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Great kernel Fluxi...

When you guys talk about screen off suspend, is it the setting in xxTweaker under CPU (Max and Min Suspend)? A bit confused here.

Yes, changing the value to 400, i had sod, for example receiving call, but nothing pop's up for a few seconds, then i get to see the call screen. I've changed it to 800, and i don't see the problem happening anymore. I hope, my definition of SOD is same as everyone's view, where the screen does not wake up fast enough from a sleep mode.:confused::confused:

myfluxi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2011
For me too.
I dont have external sd (microsd)
Im on cm9
Maybe the config files should be save inside internal memory and not external.

Enviado do GalaxyS2 usando Tapatalk 2.1
Settings are stored in /data/data. Usually if settings aren't loaded there is something wrong with permissions - either Superuser or filesystem.

1. Check for the latest Superuser su binary.
2. Manually delete /data/data/net.fluxi.xxTweaker and try again.

Great kernel Fluxi...

When you guys talk about screen off suspend, is it the setting in xxTweaker under CPU (Max and Min Suspend)? A bit confused here.

Yes, changing the value to 400, i had sod, for example receiving call, but nothing pop's up for a few seconds, then i get to see the call screen. I've changed it to 800, and i don't see the problem happening anymore. I hope, my definition of SOD is same as everyone's view, where the screen does not wake up fast enough from a sleep mode.:confused::confused:
The device always awakes at 800Mhz imposed by the Samsung hardware. If you watch your cpu stats, you'll notice that 800MHz are used no matter the maximum suspend value. Polling emails or updating facebook will never consume more than your minimum frequency however.

Last edited:
Reactions: LogeshMenon

LogeshMenon

Jan 23, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
The device always awakes at 800Mhz imposed by the Samsung hardware. If you watch your cpu stats, you'll notice that 800MHz are used no matter the maximum suspend value.

What does that mean in lay men term? Does that means, that it's no point setting the value to a lower value than 800?, or by setting the value to lower than 800, we are forcing the system to suspend below the intended value, thus, waking up from deep sleep longer?

Thanks for the answer in advance...

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
Thanks for this kernel, myfluxi! Over 6 months of having my phone and tweaking the **** out of it, this is the only time I have ever tried a 7 hour screen time! And with the GB touch presets, just.. WOW! Simply amazing!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

7hr screen time!? How lol! What rom are you using?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

myfluxi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2011
Quite honestly there should be no process running while suspended that requires higher frequencies let alone an active second core. "Intelligent" governors like ondemand, conservative, interactive and such will set the target frequency just right to accomplish the given task.

I didn't do any tests because I am not obsessed with energy conversion but even if you set minimum suspend to 1200 MHz it wouldn't make any real world difference. It's one of those features that are something like a standard or requested by the user but not nessecarily a major improvement. Setting max suspend as a system wide value is at least a comfort item. Maybe you want to test and report back after several nights.

Reactions: adinpop and coloxim

xator91

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 5, 2011
Palermo
www.veindroid.com
Now im testing without AFTR + LPA, because i think this option cause to me freeze on sleep mode!
Anyone can explain difference between IDLE, AFTR and AFTR + LPA?

PS: Telephone freezed after a call :( i think is undervolt the problem

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Last edited:

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Now im testing without AFTR + LPA, because i think this option cause to me freeze on sleep mode!
Anyone can explain difference between IDLE, AFTR and AFTR + LPA?

PS: Telephone freezed after a call :( i think is undervolt the problem

I think it's because of the uv. Had this too. Uv doesn't do wonders. Have normal Voltages now.

fifa_king

Oct 9, 2010
De Graafschap
Can give to me the default voltage?

if u go into xxtweaker and untick set on boot for cpu voltages, the voltages will return to stock next bootup.

besides fluxi has provided us like 10 different av tables to choose from.

Theyre available in cpu voltages section of xxtweaker. select a av table u like and then press save.

furthermore ur freeze might be due to too low bus voltages.. try increasing them in xxtweaker.

adinpop

Mar 27, 2011
Wunderbar!!!

Danke schoen, Fluxi, fuer deinen wunderbaren Kernel!
Last weeks i was on Pinpong's Thoravukk and now i'm on FluxiRC3 (cos on RC4 i had issues with wifi and led). XXTweak is still in German(tried english version too) and i wanna tune the sound> Please gimme some decent values for this sound settings, cos i dont know what means digital ac master, digital ac att, digital diro, digital diro att.
Mention> i modified this settings and then i had no sound at all by calling.
Thanx!

xator91

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 5, 2011
Palermo
www.veindroid.com
if u go into xxtweaker and untick set on boot for cpu voltages, the voltages will return to stock next bootup.

besides fluxi has provided us like 10 different av tables to choose from.

Theyre available in cpu voltages section of xxtweaker. select a av table u like and then press save.

furthermore ur freeze might be due to too low bus voltages.. try increasing them in xxtweaker.

Now i try to increase bus :)

gadibob

Mar 24, 2010
Grate kernel, thank you for your work and shearing it.

Choice of BLN mode will be a drop down menu which is easier to understand and handle.

BLN breathing will look much better and more natural.

Again, if I find the time I'll replace hard coded German strings and move to the xmls.

Linux 3.0.32 should drop shortly, even it will most probably bring nothing new for us. Linaro GCC 4.7.05 will drop tonight.

Fluxi, Grate kernel, thank you for your work and shearing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8

adinpop

Mar 27, 2011
6 hours 12 minutes with the standard battery WTF :eek:
Yes, it's amazing> with standard battery, this evening i had 4h28min screen on and still 31%juice, wenn i put it to charge on. My settings on signature(+KI4 modem):eek:

Last edited:

Ramelov

Oct 29, 2011
Lublin
The device always awakes at 800Mhz imposed by the Samsung hardware. If you watch your cpu stats, you'll notice that 800MHz are used no matter the maximum suspend value. Polling emails or updating facebook will never consume more than your minimum frequency however.

I know about it but I think that setting screen-off frequency too low can cause sods in some circumstances. Nevertheless I've just had two SODs with 800 Mhz screen-off. Fluxi, isn't it connected with RCU stalls Entropy512 was talking about. Neak kernel has some fixes for RCU stalls in its changelog. When I was using Neak kernel I didn't have any SODs. Is this fixes used in Neak kernel area real ones or fake? Cause Entropy 512 wrote that the fix isn't easy to implement due to needed upstream changes and didn't implement it in CM 9 kernel yet. Is it possible to use these patches from Neak kernel in your kernel?

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9100 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

peachpuff

Aug 31, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23
Yes, it's amazing> with standard battery, this evening i had 4h28min screen on and still 31%juice, wenn i put it to charge on. My settings on signature(+KI4 modem):eek:

Im down to 30% battery with only 1 hour of on screen time, not sure how you're getting 4 hours. On screen time doesn't really seem like a good measure of anything because if you're not doing any while the screen is on the battery isn't really being used up that much, if you're doing cpu intensive stuff the battery will drain no matter what kernel/tweak/undervolt your using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FLUXI KERNEL ICS I9100 *27.06.12*

Features:
    • Current version: XX.02-beta10
    • Must-have for CyanogenMod AOKP CM9 and ICS
    • Linux kernel 3.0.36
    • Samsung Open Source Update 4
    • Toolchain XX.03, Linaro GCC 4.7.1 NEON FPU optimizations for ARM Cortex-A9
    • Optimized kernel configuration
    • Compiler tweaks
    • ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 xxTouch fully customized & Remanufactured
    xxTweaker app with huge functionality:
    • Kernel Backlight Notification BLN, Breathing, LED-Fadeout * BLN and LED in xxTweaker
    • Backlight Notification BLN * 100% Working by BLN Control
    • CPU OC / UV 100-1600MHz * As xxTweaker, Voltage Control, or SetCPU init.d script
    • Governor and Governor Settings * CPU / governor in xxTweaker
    • ondemand governor significantly optimized with screen-off profile and boost at low frequencies * CPU / governor in xxTweaker
    • CPU hotplugging Settings * CPU / hotplug in xxTweaker
    • Energy saving options * General to xxTweaker
    • I/O scheduler * General to xxTweaker
    • Charging current settings for AC and USB Misc * General to xxTweaker
    • GPU OC / UV 3step 67-400MHz, 700-1200mV and thresholds * As xxTweaker, Voltage Control or init.d script
    • LCD Density Settings * General to xxTweaker
    • ROM Manager * As xxTweaker
    • Automated multiple Flash files in a zip-through * As xxTweaker
    • Screen cursor hysteresis movement * As xxTweaker or tegrak Touch Move
    • Touch screen sensitivity (ex. display with protective cover) * As xxTweaker
    • Volume of Quiet to LOUDERER adjustable * sound settings in xxTweaker
    • Super AMOLED mDNIe +, sharp, beautiful colors with no yellowing * Configurable with xxTweaker
    • Configurable brightness/gamma * Level in xxTweaker
    • Configurable screen color temperature * in xxTweaker
    • And much more ...
    • Public sources under https://github.com/myfluxi/xxICSKernel

Original Thread Link: http://www.android-hilfe.de/kernel-...ernel-ics-xxtweaker-app-xxtouch-recovery.html

Official Discussion Thread (Non-development/settings/battery life) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1732028

LATEST RELEASE XX.02-beta9

Download:
    CWM ZIP: Fluxi CWM XX.02-beta10

Odin TAR: Fluxi ODIN XX.02-beta10

xxTweaker Download:

xxTweaker-0.3.9_rc2.zip
    Kernel Update Fluxi ICS XX.03-beta1

CWM ZIP: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.03-beta1.zip

Odin TAR: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.03-beta1.tar

Update xxTweaker v0.4.0_beta1

OTA or direct download: fluxi-xxTweaker-0.4.0_beta1.apk

Changelog:
    • Kernel: Rebase on top of CM kernel, code review, cleanup
    • Kernel: Add vr I/O scheduler
    • Kernel: Limit GPU voltage back to 800mV, a lower limit may cause Mali kernel errors
    • Kernel: Use LED button brightness for constant and blinking BLN
    • Kernel: USB: Use 4 storage pipeline buffers
    • Kernel: USB: Increase vbus draw
    • Ramdisk: Update recovery
    • Ramdisk: Use cool Android Jelly Bean charging gfx
    • Ramdisk: Install ntfs-3g binary
    • xxTweaker: Update to v0.4.0_beta1
    • xxTweaker: Automount NTFS drives to {internal SD-Card}/usbdisk
    • xxTweaker: Move fix permissions task to thread, fixes UI freeze
    • xxTweaker: OTA: Don't download updates if file is already present
    • xxTweaker: OTA: Uninstall and install tweaker .apk instead of flashing a zip, personal settings are persistent
    • xxTweaker: Disable vibration settings, it's in CM now
    Kernel Update Fluxi ICS XX.02-beta10

Slomo may be actually two bugs, which explains why it happened much less with beta9. So those observations regarding the mmc driver were not totally unfounded while the conclusion may have been a bit off. Let's see what happens.

CWM ZIP: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta10.zip

Odin TAR: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta10.tar

Changelog:
    • Kernel: Fix typo in ext4 driver that may have caused those slowdowns on wakeup and unlock
    • Kernel: touchscreen: Optionally flash LED buttons on touch, not in the tweaker app yet, if you need it *now*, echo/write time in ms into /sys/class/sec/sec_touchscreen/tsp_flash_timeout, e.g. for one second
      echo 1000 > /sys/class/sec/sec_touchscreen/tsp_flash_timeout
    • Fileserver: On download instead of "download.php" correct filenames are saved
    Thank me if everyone is happy again :)
    Kernel Update Fluxi XX.02-beta4

This update is only needed for the new led backlight level (= "0") to avoid users reporting their bln was broken.

CWM ZIP: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta4.zip

Odin TAR: fluxi-kernel-sgs2-XX.02-beta4.tar

Update xxTweaker v0.3.9_beta5

This is a monster update (at least for me), now we're having a feature freeze.

OTA or direct download: fluxi-xxTweaker-0.3.9_beta5.zip

Changelog:
    • kernel: keyboard: cypress: Use standard voltage for constant/blinking bln, with very low voltages, the user might wonder why "bln does not work"
    • kernel: Upstream patches from CM9 repo and more smaller patches
    • ramdisk: Update CWM recovery, add "Power off" option in Advanced menu (user request)
    • xxTweaker: System: Rewrite LCD-Density part to catch unxpected user settings
    • xxTweaker: System: Reset fuel gauge option (user request)
    • xxTweaker: Display: Rewrite touch config logic
    • xxTweaker: BLN & LED: New "Level 0" for the LED button backlight, helps as workaround to keep LED buttons effectively off
    • xxTweaker: BLN & LED: New 1 minute timeout for notifications (user request)
    • xxTweaker: CPU: On governor change, reload saved user settings for the selected governor. So now it's possible to have individual settings for each governor - nice!
    • xxTweaker: CPU: Remove read only value sampling_rate_min from settings in ondemand and conservative
    • xxTweaker: CPU: Fix Bus Frequency up threshold value on reload after reboot
    • xxTweaker: CPU: Fix on changing governors, governor list reports the actually selected governor
    • xxTweaker: New settings administration. Save, restore, manage and reset your settings. As it is a new function that required much more than 1000 lines of code and a lot of detail work (and as a sidenote is the killer feature in ExTweaks Pro that costs you $$$), there may be small errors. If errors occure, please supply logs and report what exactly happened before failure.