Aug 11, 2007
San Diego
Kspec Karbon theme

1232475865805.png
1232475751175.png
1232475849254.png

Version 2 status bar icons
123258146630.png

I've been learning how to make themes with a bunch of help from Stericson and his first theme and now my first theme is half way decent enough to share. Its a carbon fiber theme for the car guys. Just put the file on your SDcard, rename to update.zip, and reboot in recovery mode. Its still in beta so it may not be perfect, and I suck at photoshop so this isnt easy for me but I welcome your suggestions and feedback.

*Change Log*
Beta 9.9 v2 - Changed all the status icons to match, they are now very easy to see and understand.
Beta 9.9 - Only minor changes, now when the selector is over an icon on the home screen its a grey background instead of orange. Changed a few status icons, new wifi, new USB, new GPS, new MMS, and a couple others. I decided to go with more colors and less lack of color since its more fun and easier for me to see. lol And this is back to all my icons and everything of my choice instead of the few builds I had using other peoples icons and status bars. I changed the alarm clock icon in the status bar back to default and made SMS white and MMS black.
Beta 9.0 - New status icons, new setupwizard image, all the status bar icons were updated, more default wallpapers replaced, and fully tested and verified on RC30 by me.
Beta 8.3 - No new link, just added a few extra status icons, wifi, error, and a couple other randoms. I also repacked both the ADP1 and the RC30 hoping that will fix a couple issues.
Beta 8.2 - New colored reception status icon, bluetooth icon, and USB icon all with transparency. Ferrari wallpaper replaced Ecko. Smaller slider tab, since I think less is more. I also added a RC30 build!
Beta 7.0 - Bigger hour hand of the clock. Small red tip for the minute hand. Much better looking carbon fiber for the status bar. A bunch of new icons. New MMS received icon and MMS error icon. New button for the slider tab. New dialing and hanging up splash screens for the car lovers.
Beta 6.0 - Improvements to the clock. Improvements to the status bar. Couple new icons.
Beta 5.2 - Make the status bar more white so the time and alerts are easier to read. Changed the hour hand on the desktop clock.

Last edited:

momentarylapseofreason

Apr 29, 2007
Chicago
I am liking the slider. It's still "there" but not intrusive. Work on the title bar which is still essentially Stericson's to make it a little more unique. Also, perhaps make one without the Ferrari clock or perhaps just de-brand it since it is overall a nice looking clock?

Nevertheless, great start!!!!!

Last edited:

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
Awesome man! Would it be possible to start posting a changelog? I updated to beta4 like 10 minutes ago and now 5's available lol

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
Just a suggestion man, but you should leave the old versions available. Me for instance, I LOVED the statusbar on 5.2, but this one just isn't my taste. You could leave 'em all available as "different themes you've created". ;-)

brandenk

Aug 11, 2007
San Diego
Just a suggestion man, but you should leave the old versions available. Me for instance, I LOVED the statusbar on 5.2, but this one just isn't my taste. You could leave 'em all available as "different themes you've created". ;-)

Its pretty eclectic but I will definitely try to rehost those forgotten files and start hosting all the build versions.

1231373056165.png
1231373012885.png

Last edited:

brandenk

Aug 11, 2007
San Diego
Ok, here is a new one for ya, and I have 1.0 final almost ready which will be in RC30 and following shortly in RC8 so Im looking for beta testers for those builds. And I used that background so you can see the new icons better in the pic. See OP for the download link.

1231393404118.png

hbguy

Jul 17, 2007
Huntington Beach
branden, damn player status, i don't like to be a slave driver but if you got time, please release this to be compatible with jf's rc30v1.3 pretty please with a cherry on top :)

great work,
hbguy

brandenk

Aug 11, 2007
San Diego
New signal strength, MMS and USB icons
1231438802108.png
1231438935388.png

If you RC30 guys have no suggestions from the screen shots I will go ahead and make an RC30 build but its going to be up to you guys to test it and report back.

gospeed.racer

Aug 19, 2007
I have been using this wallpaper, its the right size and looks pretty good on mine. I am not suggesting to implement it, but others are free to download it is they want something different. I think it goes nicely with the clock! Sorry its so "Windows" like :)