[ROM][Official][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies for the Nexus 4 (mako)

Search This thread

_kolle_

Aug 31, 2011
They haven't so far and its been incorporated into more ROMs and kernels since it was picked up by CM, I doubt it will be reverted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

but what about merging the setting "gEnebleSuspend=2" ( in wcnss_qcom_cfg.ini) into nexus nightly ? I am using it sine more than a week with best results in wifi connectivity and battery life . no need to flash the fix with that setting

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London
but what about merging the setting "gEnebleSuspend=2" ( in wcnss_qcom_cfg.ini) into nexus nightly ? I am using it sine more than a week with best results in wifi connectivity and battery life . no need to flash the fix with that setting

Sorry. Can you elaborate on how you did that??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Galactic2

Apr 14, 2011
New York City
Question about the Camera?
It seems that I can't get Flash to consistently work using the camera from the latest nightly.
For instance, if i have set flash to ALWAYS ON and click the blue shutter button, flash will not work. It only work if i click the viewing area to prefocus my picture and THEN click the blue button. The same is true for automatic flash. It's basically an extra that shouldn't be necessary to get my flash working.

Am i the only one with this issue? is there a fix?

Reactions: Michealtbh

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
It seems that I can't get Flash to consistently work using the camera from the latest nightly.
For instance, if i have set flash to ALWAYS ON and click the blue shutter button, flash will not work. It only work if i click the viewing area to prefocus my picture and THEN click the blue button. The same is true for automatic flash. It's basically an extra that shouldn't be necessary to get my flash working.

I too have this issue with the cm camera

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Won't let me set custom notification light for specific apps is this happening for anyone else?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Jan 12, 2010

I too have this issue with the cm camera

It's a bug. It has been already reported in jira

Sent from my Nexus 4

Reactions: Michealtbh

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
Hmm mm... No commits for the last days... Anything big happening or just nothing to be fixed?
Just asking here... ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ckret

Sep 22, 2010
anyone noticed a change in fadein/fade out animation?

or is it just placebo for me

emanuele1986

Jun 14, 2011
With the nightly of 27/04 the Custom value for led notification doesn't work. I set, for example, whats app but when i tap to change color doesn't show the menu for change it.

gparmar76

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
You can, it's a proper build, but it's exactly the same as the previous build so if you're already on that it's pointless

There are changes that ALL phone builds get and then there are changes only your specific phone get...so even if it says "no changes were made", that doesn't mean the build has none...they are changing things across the board all the time.

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
Just installed this ROM, and to coin the iSheep quote "It just works" LOL

I have tried various other ROM's, and they all had bugs issues here and there.

But official CM10.1 just works as it should. It still looks and feels close to stock, and thank you for no death metal icons, or pink unicorns ;)

AshtonTS

May 11, 2011
Woodstock, CT
Just installed this ROM, and to coin the iSheep quote "It just works" LOL

I have tried various other ROM's, and they all had bugs issues here and there.

But official CM10.1 just works as it should. It still looks and feels close to stock, and thank you for no death metal icons, or pink unicorns ;)

Amen to that bro

Sent from my Nexus 4

Reactions: respider and ratcav

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
Amen to that bro

Sent from my Nexus 4

I must admit, I am very impressed with this ROM, I know its so popular, but I never got anyone to it, always trying dozen others with tweaks and extras, etc... But those also had issues with every one.

This, just perfect. Rock solid stable, and all features working. Feels like stock, just better. Thank you Cyanogen team :)

Anyone can confirm this issue? No thumbnails on mp4 videos. The ones that you upload not the ones that you record.

Here's the CMlog
http://db.tt/KknS5Emo
uploadfromtaptalk1367186274620.jpg

Here's the Stock log
http://db.tt/bJl2u7o8
uploadfromtaptalk1367186304158.jpg

Tried on 04/26 build. And M2 and M3 as well. The only thing that bothers me.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
On M3, SystemUI crashed after the phone was on for 4.5 days. The log says "out of memory", which looks like a leak. Should I log this on JIRA? I don't think I can reproduce it. This could be related to the fact that the multitasking screen sometimes is very slow to appear and draw all its content.

Anyone can confirm this issue? No thumbnails on mp4 videos. The ones that you upload not the ones that you record.
Known and logged on JIRA, thanks.

Attachments

• systemUI-crash.txt
    457.8 KB · Views: 13
On M3, SystemUI crashed after the phone was on for 4.5 days. The log says "out of memory", which looks like a leak. Should I log this on JIRA? I don't think I can reproduce it. This could be related to the fact that the multitasking screen sometimes is very slow to appear and draw all its content.

Known and logged on JIRA, thanks.

Yep, logged by me, about a month ago, and i still don't have any comment on it. I wanted to confirm it here too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10.1 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Optional: adb backup
    3. Fastboot oem unlock > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    6. Flash CyanogenMod.
    7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Issues?

Experience issues? As these are nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly:
    Download: link

Google Apps addon:
    Use 4.2 gapps:
    Download: link

GENERAL COMMENT AND REQUEST:

We ask all the regular contributors here to please answer the "xxx is broken" or "yyy force closes" statements without an attached logcat with something like "LOGCAT or it didn't happen"

Feel free to be creative but DO NOT respond with wipe cache/clear data or any other attempted solution before the reporting user has taken the trouble to actually try to help solve the problem (e.g. by attaching a logcat, detailed steps to reproduce etc.).

We need to force more discipline in how issues are reported which will help us all find and squash bugs that may exist.

Just clearing data etc. may in fact cause us to never find the bug that caused the issue and just makes for lazy users.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    GENERAL COMMENT AND REQUEST:

From now on, can we ask all the regular contributors here to please answer the "xxx is broken" or "yyy force closes" statements without an attached logcat with something like "LOGCAT or it didn't happen"

Feel free to be creative but DO NOT respond with wipe cache/clear data or any other attempted solution before the reporting user has taken the trouble to actually try to help solve the problem (e.g. by attaching a logcat, detailed steps to reproduce etc.).

We need to force more discipline in how issues are reported which will help us all find and squash bugs that may exist.

Just clearing data etc may in fact cause us to never find the bug that caused the issue and makes for lazy users.
    All,

Please remember that Nightlies are experimental builds and even though we have been lucky thus far that Nexus builds have been fairly stable, we can, and many times do (remember the GPS issue last week), break things in Nightlies.

4.2.2 just got merged this morning and the builds, even for Nexus devices, are not 100% functional yet. Give it a day or two for the device maintainers to work out the kinks and stabilise things.

Please STOP flashing bootloaders, radios, kernels and random 4.2.2 builds and wait patiently for another 24 to 48 hours for things to be sorted out. It won't kill you to wait but it might kill your device if you rush things.
    I'll get flamed for saying this, but the problem with CM is that they've become another OEM skin. The reason it takes so long for Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc. to update phones to a new version of Android is because of all the customizations they do. Their customizations conflict with AOSP so they have to re-integrate them. Well CM is now in the same boat. it is so highly customized that new versions of Android break their code base.

If anyone remembers when ICS came out, that was the best example of this. It took the CM team so long to port their customizations to ICS, that Jelly Bean ended up being released before CM 9 (ICS) was officially released. They did a better job with Jelly Bean, mostly because the changes to Android weren't as big.

I love CM, and it is always my ROM of choice. But they've strayed so far from their original vision of bringing AOSP to the masses. They are now just another custom OEM skin that retains the AOSP look and feel. I appreciate everything they do and love the customizations, but unfortunately it makes it harder for them to keep phones up to date.

/end rant

Unfortunately you don't know what you are talking about. CM is not, and never will be "an OEM skin".

Our 'customizations' have very little to do with how long it takes to merge a new version. There are many, many other factors that contribute, including ensuring it works well on the many, many devices we support.

Yes, its not always an easy process to bring our features over - especially when Google completely re-architects parts of the system (like lock screen in 4.2) but then if you want AOSP, why don't you just install AOSP?

Insulting the CM team is not going to make the 4.2.2 merge go any faster, in fact, it may just delay things, why should even I bother spending my personal time adding a feature to CM (like cLock or Quick reply etc.) when this is the type of response it gets?
    Re: [ROM][Official][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies for the Nexus 4 (mako)

General comment:

There are probably a few things broken in the current nightlies similar to the quiet hours issue from yesterday. It will take us a few days to check everything and fix the parts of the merge that did not quite come out right.

If you notice any old cm10.1 functionality that now no longer works quite the way it should (like the quiet hours issue) please post it here and I will look out for it.

Please don't ask us to fix things that were broken before. We need to get this build to pre-merge state first.

The rest of the month is focused on stability and bug fix in anticipation of the next M release.