[Q] Find 7 partitioning?

Search This thread

Mystical

Aug 22, 2008
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a Find 7 or 7a, but the only thing I think is lame is the partition where you only get 3GB of app storage (which is probably not enough to play a modern game), can any of you confirm this is the case and if it is, will this be changeable by some smart XDA-user? :)

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a Find 7 or 7a, but the only thing I think is lame is the partition where you only get 3GB of app storage (which is probably not enough to play a modern game), can any of you confirm this is the case and if it is, will this be changeable by some smart XDA-user? :)

Modern games already support putting the majority of their data onto the sd card. It's only a select few poorly authored games that use /data and not /sdcard for all data.

As much as I dislike that Oppo has stuck with the legacy storage configuration, the reality is that it doesn't affect most users. I have over 1GB free on /data myself for example, in fact if anything I'm annoyed I can't use that for /sdcard. :)

There's a solution I've got in mind but haven't had the time to work on as I'm still trying to finish basic device bringup with Omni and general non-device-specific Omni stuff.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Modern games already support putting the majority of their data onto the sd card. It's only a select few poorly authored games that use /data and not /sdcard for all data.

As much as I dislike that Oppo has stuck with the legacy storage configuration, the reality is that it doesn't affect most users. I have over 1GB free on /data myself for example, in fact if anything I'm annoyed I can't use that for /sdcard. :)

There's a solution I've got in mind but haven't had the time to work on as I'm still trying to finish basic device bringup with Omni and general non-device-specific Omni stuff.
    You can view my thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784964.

Some info I put there.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk