[DISCUSS]All Nexus 5 3G issues here

Search This thread

MakDroid

Apr 7, 2013
Ahmedabad
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello Guys. Nexus 5 has been here for a long time now but we are still eagerly waiting for some issues to be fixed by Google.
One of the major issues that people are facing is getting the phone in 3g mode.
Some users just can't select 3g in preferred network i.e. if they select 3g in preferred networks and press back button and again go to Mobile Networks menu, the preferred network would go back to 2g or LTE automatically.(I am not having such issue but my issue is mentioned below)

The bug I am facing on my Nexus 5 is that my phone can select the 3g preferred network and the settings do stick unlike the issue mentioned above but I get no service when the preferred network is 3g. There is no LTE in my country but 2g works fantastic! I tried my sim in my brother's Xperia P and he received full 4 bars in 3g mode! I tried his 3g enabled sim in my Nexus 5 and again no network when in 3g mode. This clearly shows that Nexus 5 is having something wrong. I don't know if this is hardware related or software but I want to get this thing fixed as soon as possible. I have even tried flashing stock firmware and selecting WCDMA only in the *#*#4636#*#* menu. Any suggestions?

Also, if anyone else is facing any 3g related problem, he/she may post here so that other users can help out! Peace :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: paradoxiumwind

fooboo

Feb 26, 2014
The bug I am facing on my Nexus 5 is that my phone can select the 3g preferred network and the settings do stick unlike the issue mentioned above but I get no service when the preferred network is 3g.

Almost the same. I could select 3g. It waits a bit or more to show up.
From time to time, I could barely use the internet.
I have no other phone to compare.
Best regards.

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
What gets me is low signal areas. It says "use a valid sim", when there is one. It goes to no bars and says "reboot". My Nexus 4 would just go down then up when the signal improved. Basically I have to reboot all the time. When im @ mine is great but I've 5 bars

From the wonders of mobile telephony.

wii4u

Jan 7, 2012
on 3G: I get late notifications specially on whatsapp, they are like 10-15 mins late :( it's kinda irritating but I get instant notifications on 2G network.

ankurjana

Feb 10, 2012
Pune
3g reception issues

I'm on49L cm was on 49H.stock Same problems

From the wonders of mobile telephony.

Hi, I am also facing the same problem, no 3g, it seems this problem got started after I recently updated to Android 4.4.4_R2 KitKat (KTU84Q), so I rolled it back to previous version, still the problem persists, not sure what to do next, would appreciate any help

thanks

topgeardave

Aug 5, 2011
In my experience it's down to network. On Vodafone I had loads of issues with 3G refusing to connect whereas with 3UK I've not had a problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys. Nexus 5 has been here for a long time now but we are still eagerly waiting for some issues to be fixed by Google.
    Some users just can't select 3g in preferred network i.e. if they select 3g in preferred networks and press back button and again go to Mobile Networks menu, the preferred network would go back to 2g or LTE automatically.(I am not having such issue but my issue is mentioned below)

The bug I am facing on my Nexus 5 is that my phone can select the 3g preferred network and the settings do stick unlike the issue mentioned above but I get no service when the preferred network is 3g. There is no LTE in my country but 2g works fantastic! I tried my sim in my brother's Xperia P and he received full 4 bars in 3g mode! I tried his 3g enabled sim in my Nexus 5 and again no network when in 3g mode. This clearly shows that Nexus 5 is having something wrong. I don't know if this is hardware related or software but I want to get this thing fixed as soon as possible. I have even tried flashing stock firmware and selecting WCDMA only in the *#*#4636#*#* menu. Any suggestions?

Also, if anyone else is facing any 3g related problem, he/she may post here so that other users can help out! Peace :highfive: