Build CAB Installers under Linux

Search This thread

dj13241

Jul 11, 2007
I have a Linux server running at my home that I use mostly for file storage among other things (like an Asterisk PBX). I keep ALL of my code on my server so that I can get to it from anywhere. That being said, I use MinGW32CE (part of the CeGCC Cross Compiler) to compile my native apps. So since I can build my apps on my Linux server, I wanted to figure out how to build the CAB installer on the server ... And here it is:

• Install WINE
  • Download the Microsoft Cabinet Software Development Kit
  • Download CABWIZ (Its included in QuickCAB). Copy CABWIZ.EXE and CABWIZ.DDF to a new folder.
  • Extract MAKECAB.EXE from cabsdk.exe, rename it to all lower case and put it in the same folder
  • Create your cabwiz INF file (See MSDN CABWIZ Information File). For SourceDisksNames path, use .
  • Run CABWIZ using the following syntax: wine cabwiz.exe appname.inf /compress

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a Linux server running at my home that I use mostly for file storage among other things (like an Asterisk PBX). I keep ALL of my code on my server so that I can get to it from anywhere. That being said, I use MinGW32CE (part of the CeGCC Cross Compiler) to compile my native apps. So since I can build my apps on my Linux server, I wanted to figure out how to build the CAB installer on the server ... And here it is:

• Install WINE
    • Download the Microsoft Cabinet Software Development Kit
    • Download CABWIZ (Its included in QuickCAB). Copy CABWIZ.EXE and CABWIZ.DDF to a new folder.
    • Extract MAKECAB.EXE from cabsdk.exe, rename it to all lower case and put it in the same folder
    • Create your cabwiz INF file (See MSDN CABWIZ Information File). For SourceDisksNames path, use .
    • Run CABWIZ using the following syntax: wine cabwiz.exe appname.inf /compress