HTC Desire SIM-Unlock Utility

Search This thread

techtechnique

May 1, 2007
Merseyside
Hi - just wanted to add my two-pennyworth...

Tried about 10 times now and still no success. :-(

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

BRAVO PVT3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.11.05.14
Aug 10 2010,17:52:10

SimLock - 3UK

EDIT - Just burned the CD and booted from my laptop (was trying via VMware before). At first I got a pile of USB errors when the Linux OS was booting up. I then disconnected all the USB devices until I got to the point where it asks for you to press any key. The phone rebooted eventually and bugger me, IT WORKS!!!
For anyone else trying this, I did it with my original SIM in the phone, then waited for the reboot, shut the phone down and then put in the SIM from the other network.

Last edited:

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Like ive suggested VM is not the best choice. you're adding in one more layer that could cause you issues.

as for it not working im fairly sure its a timing issue. If seempi wants to shoot me the source i can update this for him to fix the false positives. I have not had a failed or false positive unlock yet whilst running the unlocking commands by hand in ubuntu so i am almost 100% its a timing issue built into the boot cd.

Lironcareto

Mar 29, 2011
It worked without errors, and said "Done" and asked for a beer... but now Google Talk is unusable and any attempt to reinstall an apl for google talk service or google talk application has been frustrating... I really used a lot gtalk with buddies and family and now I cannot restore it to operating status.

Anyone has suffered the same? Anyone has any hint to solve this?

Thanks

Lironcareto

Mar 29, 2011
Gtalk became unusable after unlock

It worked without errors, and said "Done" and asked for a beer... but now Google Talk is unusable and any attempt to reinstall an apl for google talk service or google talk application has been frustrating... I really used a lot gtalk with buddies and family and now I cannot restore it to operating status.

Thanks

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario

Thanks

I can assure you that gtalk breaking has nothing to do with the sim unlock procedure. However if you have switched sim cards it will require you to put in your pass word for your gmail account under GMail or Market before any google apps that require authentication will work.

D

DeletedUser99284

Does it work for wildfire? I heard someone was successful.

KINGMANI

Aug 1, 2010
Austria
Thx Dude ;)
Works at the 1x Try :D
Burn ISO to CD
Boot up Laptop with it and plug in Cellphone at HBOOT press Enter and è voilá Unlocked :D

My Settings:

Austrian HTC Desire 3 (Hutchison 3G Austria)

---AlphaRev--
BRAVO PVT4 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNW0101
RADIO-5.14.05.17
Aug 10 2010,17:52:18

jaymz85

Mar 2, 2009
Worked like a charm!!

Worked perfect for me at 2nd try. ;)

HTC Desire

BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.93.0001
MICROP-031d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.11.05.14

Was locked to 3UK and now I'm using Wind-Italy. :D

Just offered you a beer! ;)

You are THE man.Period.

THANKS! :D:D:D

Reactions: sieempi

N4D5

Nov 5, 2007
Birmingham
I have now been trying for 2 days to get this daft desire unlocked, i have only recently wiped phone completly then rooted and then installed Oxygen latest ROM. Loving that by the way, but for the life of me i cant get this thing to unlock.

I have burnt to CD using Ultra ISO and then booted from PC, im still on old school XP sp3.

I have tried again and again and i get shed load of errors error after error, then at the end i get the multi colour text and then done, buy me a beer done part, i try different sim and nothing same thing everytime.

Am i doing something wrong, ive loaded image to usb and tried that too but i dont think my old compaq can boot from usb.

Pls advise.
Nad

ViRMiN

Aug 27, 2010
Worked great for my Orange Desire:

BRAVE PVT1 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.93.001
MICROP-031d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.11.05.27

richlee007

Apr 10, 2009
bristol
Hi all sorry but I'm in need of some help I've used this utility on my desire it worked fine for a couple if days and now can't seem 2 get any signal at all and wile my similar is inserted in the fone it and somebody calls it doesn't go to answer fone there's a message saying that the number is not excepting calls I'm using cm7 and desperate for some Help please

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

dknova

Oct 10, 2010
This worked great.

I tried this first by mounting the ISO into VMware, then trying the unlock 10 times. But it failed.

Burned the ISO, boot to the CD tried the unlock twice and then it worked.

Thanks for the unlock.

sieempi

Jul 30, 2010
Hi all sorry but I'm in need of some help I've used this utility on my desire it worked fine for a couple if days and now can't seem 2 get any signal at all and wile my similar is inserted in the fone it and somebody calls it doesn't go to answer fone there's a message saying that the number is not excepting calls I'm using cm7 and desperate for some Help please

This is not related to sim unlock, you've probably done something else (like flashing radios/changing settings/etc). If not, maybe a bad sim; contact your operator.

richlee007

Apr 10, 2009
bristol
Thanks for the reply I wasn't sure what caused it I didn't think it was the unlock just thought I might have to flash something else or I was missing something I only flashed radio after to check whether that could be the cause but still no luck :( I think it may just be a brick now cause I can't get it to make calls or text :(

troedi

May 10, 2010
yeah, it worked!! thank you very much!! paypal-donation is in progress ;)

Desire 2.2
Baseband 32.54.00.32U_5.14.05.17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SIM-Unlock Utility v0.9.5

As being pointed out by more and more users regarding scamms, I have to clarify:

THIS APP IS FREEWARE! DO NOT TRUST ANY EBAY/WHATEVER-SITE SELLER!
    If you've been asked money and you paid for it, try to get a refund by mailing both Ebay/Paypal/middleman and get them shut down.
    This is the only site I endorse!
    Commercial use is forbidden!

The summer holiday brought me some more time, so I decided to update the tool. The latest version works on Windows, takes ~30 seconds and the rate of success is greatly improved (we'll see about that.. :p). Forget about iso and burning. This is still only for Desire (HTC Bravo),though..
    Please note! By using the windows version of the app, you ar not required to boot your phone into HBOOT, it will take care of it by itself.

Old stuff (previous versions, linux only):
    Burn the iso, boot it, power up your phone into HBOOT by pressing both Vol-Down and Power and follow the instructions.
    Post your experiences here for further development. The app doesn't require root or s-off and should work on any hboot and radio version. (it has been tested so far with HBOOT up to 0.93.1000 and RADIO up to 5.14.05.17).
    It's based on some vulnerabilities and undocumented features, so disclosing them would mean the greater the chance of them being corrected.
    I've only tested it on Desire GSM and I do not recommend using it on CDMA devices; doing otherwise could lead to unpredictable results.

Download link:
    Windows version: HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar
    Bootable linux cd (obsolete!): HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.2a.iso

If you like free software and find this tool useful, Paypal me a beer, it helps development a lot.. ;)

Changelog:
    v0.9.5 - beta version; added debugging info that help future updates; reads Sensation HT** unlock code; not tested, might not work at all.. :p
    v0.9.4 – better connectivity with the phone; I actually didn’t test it because my USB socket (phone side) has a hardware problem (due to multiple plug ins/outs) and allows only charging. If you test it and it works, please report back!
    v0.9.2 - If you have problems connecting with the phone, simply boot your Desire in Hboot menu (Vol-Down + power), connect to computer via usb cable and wait for the menu title to change to HBOOT USB PLUG; only and only then should you start the app; it might work this way for some of you.
    v0.9.1 - dealt with Unable to load function(s) error.
    v0.9 - major changes; windows version; different approach;
    v0.2a - trying to reduce the number of false positives; the phone should restart if everything's ok. If it doesn't, start over again until it does.

Hall Of Fame: (donors - thank you, guys!)

dejan.foi, Rhodri, David, Richard, Mirko, cesc1972, bigblue79, Gonzalo, Luka, Mika, Sakisf, Carlos, Clemens, Douglas, andcandela, imranahmed, Vlad, Michal, Andrew, Matt, Andy, Roberto, Mr.X!, Sergio, Nenad, abbeymill, Davide, Stefano, suguru, Grigorov, quini2k, Glennie, Angel, thejinx0r, Lukas, Timothy, Joseph, Mohannad, hacky_fr, hungisaack, Glenn, Jay, Richard P, Alastair, Richard C, Anton V, Daniel, George, Alessandro, unschuldig, Hassan, borjis, Benjamin, rinring, rhaddon, gniann, nick107, pete.j, vlatko, pedro, Marian, Amir, markuese, countzer0, Dave, Ruben, Patrick, David, duliang, Z.Ali, miluch, Tim S, Journet, Mircea!, ThReM, Milos S, Gianmarco P, Nicholas K, Ermin M, Aleksandar P, Michael C, tem_85, Edem N, Mechablast, Jaar T, Andrzej G, Claire Y, Jorge, Zhitenev.L, Tigran S, Christopher, Cepheus0815, random_noise, Alexis, Tatiana, Marian C, Emma R, modesto n, John G, Roland K, Daniel G, Nicolas L.
    I am seeing too many people complaining about driver when there is a very simple solution.

Here is my step by step guide for the windows version that worked for me (thanks to rotmann's comment above):

1. Download and unzip android-usb-driver.zip from sieempi's site : http://www.sieempi.eu/data/download.php?id=4

Also Download and unzip the HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar from first post of thread

2. Put phone into HBOOT mode by turning off and then turning on with volume down button held down.

3. After it checked SD card etc. plug USB cable and it should state HBOOT USB PLUG

4. Go into Device manager and look for Android 1.0 Device - right click and select update driver - browser to the folder where you extracted the usb driver and select OK. It should install the driver (select yes to any security prompt)

5. Once the driver is installed, run the adb.exe provided in the HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.rar and a command should open and close (don't know if it is necessary but it worked for me)

6. Run the HTC_Desire_Unlock_v0.9.5.exe - a command prompt should open and it should immediately find the phone - then type y to confirm and press enter.

When finished the command prompt should state DONE! etc. and your phone should reboot - Unlocked :)

This is the method that worked for me, however there are people with later version of HBOOT which need to be downgraded which I can't help you with sorry :(
    That's normal. It'a a security measure.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
    Install hboot drivers.
    New link!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App