[Recovery] [32A & 32B] [16-May-2010] RA-sapphire-v1.7.0

Search This thread

cenedra

Jul 16, 2009
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question regarding the nandroid backup. May i know what information does it back up?

Is it the apps and user settings/google accounts, or is the backup a full backup with roms and everything that the phone is current having?

Thanks!

rajeevsudra

Feb 28, 2008
Montreal
It makes an image of the phones state at that time, settings, wallpapers, phonelog, apps, ROM, etc. When restored, even when flashed to another rom, it will put it back exactly(I haven't been able to find a difference) the way it was at the time the backup was made.

dk_iceman

Jan 24, 2009
Denmark - Sundby Mors
hey I have a question...

If i use this recovery img can i then take my nandroid backup directly from recovery menu and go back to the original rom wich is my nandroid backup ???

or do i still have to Flash a new SPL to go back to my original rom from nandroid backup ??

hope anyone can help

Amon_RA

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2009
Tried flashing to the 1.2.0H.img, but when I get to "adb push recovery-RAv1.2.0H.img /system/recovery.img" I get a "No space left on device" message.

Pretty sure there's plenty of space left... :(

What am I doing wrong here....?

Have got the previous recovery version installed without any issues

Are you sure you have enough space left?
Please do a "adb shell df" and provide us with the output.

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question regarding the nandroid backup. May i know what information does it back up?

Is it the apps and user settings/google accounts, or is the backup a full backup with roms and everything that the phone is current having?

Thanks!

Full backup : recovery, boot, system, userdata, splash1

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
i do know it dosent backup my SPL... what i meant was do I still need a Nother SPL than my original SPL too restore my original Nandroid backup or does this new recovery IMG cover it all ???

some do and some dont'. I know of some people who have had to but i haven't had to and i do a nandroid restore all the time (always trying new things)

bjareboy

Jul 21, 2009
Trondheim
Tried running adb shell df, but doesn't work :( I'm pretty noobish doing these things..

hk.jpg

stevetigersix

Feb 10, 2008
Windsor
apologies for the n00by question but how do you go from the old 1.1.2 recovery img to the new and improved version, its been a while since ive 'played' with the phone?

trincisor

Feb 1, 2008
Nexus 7 (2013)
Asus Zenfone 5Z
Thanks a lot for the fantastic recovery

i had a few doubts

1. is it safe to just flash it thru fastoot using
fastboot flash recovery *your_recovery.img*

2. # Partition your SD directly from the menu! (500MB Ext2, 32MB Swap, remaining Fat32) *NEW

can you explain what the above means ?

3. the last option move apps and dalvik cache to SD is not working, could you pls explain what this is and how to get this working
Edit/Delete Message

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009
Tried running adb shell df, but doesn't work :( I'm pretty noobish doing these things..

View attachment 212627

Ok... try installing a terminal app on your mobile and check it that way.
I'm actually 100% you really ran out of SYSTEM space, remove some things you don't need from system to free some space...

If you're using my rom you actually don't need to write it to system, just put the recovery image in data and reboot, it will automatically flash the recovery and remove the image file.

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009
Thanks a lot for the fantastic recovery

i had a few doubts

1. is it safe to just flash it thru fastoot using
fastboot flash recovery *your_recovery.img*

2. # Partition your SD directly from the menu! (500MB Ext2, 32MB Swap, remaining Fat32) *NEW

can you explain what the above means ?

3. the last option move apps and dalvik cache to SD is not working, could you pls explain what this is and how to get this working
Edit/Delete Message

1. Yes, why would it be "unsafe"?
2. This will create an 500MB ext2 partition, a 32MD swap partition and the remaining space on your SD will be a fat32 partition. Only do this if you are using a ROM that supports apps2sd, etc...
3. This option only works if you have an ext2 partition AND a ROM that supports apps2sd.

xxgg

Jul 10, 2009
Toronto
1. Yes, why would it be "unsafe"?
2. This will create an 500MB ext2 partition, a 32MD swap partition and the remaining space on your SD will be a fat32 partition. Only do this if you are using a ROM that supports apps2sd, etc...
3. This option only works if you have an ext2 partition AND a ROM that supports apps2sd.

When will you support app2sd on your ROM?

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009
Amon

to replace the older recovery img think its 1.1.2G i have from you can i just transfer the 1.2 img to my sd and reboot?

It all depends on the ROM you are currently using...
Please check the last lines of your init.rc!

Stock ROMs will have something like this in their init.rc :

Code:
service flash_recovery /system/bin/flash_image recovery /system/recovery.img
oneshot

This means that your ROM will search for a recovery.img inside the system directory and flash it at boot.

Other custom ROMs will have something like this in their init.rc :

Code:
service flash_recovery /system/bin/flash_image -d recovery /data/recovery.img
oneshot

This means that your ROM will search for a recovery.img inside the data directory and flash it at boot.

Some custom ROMs don't have this line at all, this means that you have to flash your recovery using fastboot or flash_image yourself.

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009
When will you support app2sd on your ROM?

I don't think I'll implement it.

did somebody get this error?
older versions are working fine !!
on version 1.2
View attachment 212806

Could you please tell me which steps you took?
Did you choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" or did you choose "Apply sdcard:choose zip" ?

+1

htc magic a6161

Install from sdcard ...
finding update package .....
E: can t mount /dev/block/mmcblc0 p1 ( or /dev/block/mmcblk0) ( no sush file or directory )
installation aborted

Boot into recovery, wait a minute or 2 so your SDcard can mount and choose update package.

bjareboy

Jul 21, 2009
Trondheim
Ok, I'll try with terminal...
What kind of files can I delete from system?...and how? I checked the system folder with ASTO file manager, but didn't see any "useless" files to delete..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.

All source code is available at github.

This recovery if for the HTC Magic/MT3G only, if you have an :
    - HTC Dream/G1 you should go here.
    - HTC Hero you should go here.
    - HTC Sprint Hero you should go here.
    - HTC Eris you should go here.
    - HTC Tattoo you should go here.
    - HTC Nexus One you should go here.

Important notes
    • 32A users with SPL 1.76.x should flash the Hero version! (Will be updated to v1.7.0 soon!!)
    • Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
      You can do this by doing :
      • "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
      • Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.

Features

Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press the trackball to select items.
    You can also use the volume keys (vol-up + vol-down) to navigate, and the CALL-ANSWER key to select items (in case your trackball is broken).

• full ADB access in recovery mode
    • Busybox v1.15.3
    • HW-Key navigation (volume keys + CALL-ANSWER) option
    • Extended menu (with keyboard-shortcuts):
      • Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
      • USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
      • Backup/Restore (recovery partition not included!)
        • Nand backup :: Make a Nand backup
        • Nand + ext backup :: Make a Nand + ext backup
        • Nand restore :: Restore a Nand backup
        • BART backup :: Make a BART backup (Nand + ext)
        • BART restore :: Restore latest BART backup
        • Bck Google files :: Makes a backup of the Google proprietary system files in /cache/google
        • Rst Google files :: Restores the Google proprietary system files from /cache/google
      • Flash zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from your sdcard
      • Wipe
        • Wipe data/factory reset :: Wipe /data and /cache
        • Wipe cache :: Wipe /cache only
        • Wipe Dalvik-cache :: Wipe /cache/dalvik-cache
        • Wipe SD:ext partition : Wipe the ext partition on your sdcard
        • Wipe battery stats : Wipe the battery stats in /data
        • Wipe rotate settings : Wipe the sensor settings in /data
      • Partition sdcard
        • Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
        • Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
        • SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
        • SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
      • Other
        • Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
        • Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
      • Power off :: Powers off your phone
    • Scripts available via adb :

Install

• There are several ways to install a custom recovery, choose the one that suits you most (I probably forgot a few).
    • You don't need to enter "mount -a" if your partitions are already mounted.
    • Use the H/G version if your Magic is HTC branded (PVT 32A board)/Google branded (PVT 32B board).

via fastboot :
    • Requires engineerings SPL!
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img to a location where fastboot can find it.
    Boot your G1 into fastboot mode (boot while holding BACK)
    Connect your G1 via usb to your pc/mac/...
    fastboot devices (to make sure that fastboot "sees" your device)
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img

via adb :
    • Requires a custom recovery (with test-keys) like Cyanogen's v1.4 or my previous recovery
    • Do NOT follow these steps from a terminal application on the phone, make sure that you've booted into a custom recovery first!!!
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img to the root of your sdcard
    Boot into your current custom recovery (boot while holding HOME)
    Connect your G1 via usb to your pc/mac/...
    adb shell
    #mount -a (this can give back an error if you don't have an ext partition, don't worry about it and just proceed)
    #flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img

via terminal application installed on the phone :
    • Requires root
      [*]DO NOT use this method with CM5.0.7, there are currently some memory issues while flashing, use the above methods (preferably the fastboot method) instead until the issue is fixed in CM5.0.7!
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img to the root of your sdcard
    start the terminal app
    #flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img

Download

• ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.
    • Click on the Mirror-link if you don't like rapidshare
    • Use the H/G version if your Magic is HTC branded (PVT 32A board)/Google branded (PVT 32B board).

Change-log :

v1.7.0
    Code:
    - Fixed some minor bugs
    - Recovery and scripts use /sd-ext instead of /system/sd as mountpoint to support the new apps2sd method (implemented mostly by Chris Soyars)
    - Added an option to backup/restore Google proprietary Android system files (backuptool.sh written by Cyanogen)
    - Removed "move apps2sd"-option as it's not needed anymore with the new apps2sd method
    - Updated BART to v1.3.1 (updated by Dumfuq to support /sd-ext)
    - Added a wipe cache only option
    - Nandroid now backups/restores /cache again by default
    - Dalvik-cache wipes /cache/dalvik-cache now
    - Removed SDCARD: prefix in output when chosing zip to flash
    - Added Cyan version (There's no difference with the normal version, only the wallpaper and textcolor changed)

v1.6.2
    Code:
    - Added power off menu item
    - New unyaffs binary patched by Koushik Dutta and Packetlss to fix the "losing root"-issue and incorrect file-time after a Nandroid restore
    - New dump_image binary (by Brainaid) patched by Packetlss to fix the "bad blocks"- Nandroid restore issue.
    [COLOR="Red"][B](This will not fix old corrupted Nandroid backups! Please make new backups!!)[/B][/COLOR]
    - New mkyaffs2image binary
    - New flash_image binary
    - Updated busybox to v1.5.3
    - Nandroid menu options will NOT backup or restore recovery, cache, misc, splash1+2 (to avoid issues)
    - Fixed wipe option not wiping when ext was not present
    - Created carebear versions after the idea of packetlss
    - Switched the Nexus logo to a Green Carebear with Nexus One logo (Thanks Montalbert!)

Special thanks to :
    • packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
    • Koushik Dutta for the unyaffs binary code fix and help ^^
    • pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid :)
    • Bkmo for his utility script!
    • Devsk for his switchrom script!
    • 51dusty for his sdparted script!
    • k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
    • Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART :D
    • Androidappcritics for the reboot idea in BART :p
    • rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
    • MLIGN for the idea to port my recovery to the Dream.
    • http://theunlockr.com for all the awesome video’s ^^
    • JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
    Links in OP for 1.7.0 recoveries have been updated.
    I think its because the stock spl has signiture checking on. Change the spl though and...
    But there says "Only flash recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img if you have a 32A Sapphire with 6.35.x.x radio and 1.76.x SPL, recovery-RA-hero-v1.7.0.1.img will NOT boot! I'll create a new Sapphire version soon."
    Thanks.
    Hello! Anyone who wants to get this recovery in 2022(and beyond) go here: 1pwn.ixmoe.com/websites/android.vslinux.net/downloads/recoveries/index.html
    There are H and G versions, as well as many interesting (e.g. CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for HTC Desire A8181)