Are We All With 00:da:36:16:de:eb Mac Adress?

Search This thread

abispac

May 27, 2013
I notice alot of cellphones have the same wifi mac after being flashed with cyanogenmod, wich is a problem for me as i just bought 2 xt912 and started to have problems when trying to use wifi at home. I tried changing my mac adress by modifying the /system/etc/firmware/ti-conectyviti/wl1271-nvs.bin and wl1271-nvs-128x.bin with a hex editor and that seems to fix the problem, unfortunyli i did not keep the box so i dont know wich mac adress i had so i can spoof the mac adress with the original.
so, does anyone knows how to fix it?
im on a cdma verizon lates nightly cm-11-20140711-NIGHTLY-spyder.zip
Pardon my english and grammar, english its my second lenguage.

mikeoswego

May 4, 2014
Northern Indiana
but just by googling the mac adress, ie seen its a common problem, but i dont see a solution.

You're right it has been a recurring problem for quite a while. So what might be different between your setup and mine? It looks like this problem occurs when the factory mac info is not passed by the bootloader to the custom rom kernel, in that case the rom kernel creates one.

I'm running Safestrap 3.73 and don't seem to have the problem on my phone.

(I did some more checking on a hunch..)

Running Safestrap and booting with a ROM in Slot 1, I ended up with the 00:da:36:16:de:eb mac address.

I actually have the stock slot flashed and don't use the slots. With Safestrap booting from the Stock slot, I get a different mac address. It is the same mac address every boot. The mac address assigned does not show up in a Google search so I presume it is unique.

It looks like the solution is to flash your stock slot if you want your real MAC address to be applied. I'm going to post this info in the Safestrap thread to see if this is a known issue or something that can be fixed.

Last edited: