Tempered glass screen protectors...

Search This thread

scribbles92

Apr 30, 2011
Las Vegas
PThink 2.5D Round Edge 0.3mm Ultra Slim Nano Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Tempered Glass Screen Protector came in yesterday and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I like this... Got it from Amazon. I like how precise the glass fits on the screen. I got this particular one because of the 'no cut-outs' at the top of the phone. Spigen is the only other one I know without the 'cut-outs' but $40 for a screen protector is a bit much. Considering how many there are at the moment under $25. This one was $12.90 (amazon has already lowered the price for this product) +$5.01 for shipping. They shipped this product out of Las Vegas. I ordered on Wednesday, got it on Monday.

20140825_170059.jpg

IMG_20140825_142458.jpg

IMG_20140825_142538.jpg

chivamex10

Mar 6, 2012
iCarez_zpsdffc9895.jpeg

I just became an iCarez customer for life.

I've installed hundred of screen protectors (working in retail) and this one tops the list. It was effortlessly.

Came with everything I needed. The alcohol wipe was all I used. The tabs at the top and bottom of the glass protector was perfect.

The rounded edges gives is a premium feel. You can't even tell its on. Its as if the phone came like this out of the box.

Don't know how well the oleophobic/hydrophoboic coating will perform but my fingertips glide across the surface.

You really can't go wrong with this. I would be willing to pay twice the asking price and not complain. Best deal ever.

TheJesus

Nov 12, 2010
High Point, NC
How long do you guys let the screen protector set before you put your case on it?
5 minutes for me, lol.

I bought the iCarez and it's great. I will say that it did get some light scratches from a steak knife, but they're only noticeable in certain angles and no other object had managed to scratch it. Installation was effortless. So worth $9.

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
Tempered Glass Screen Protector came in yesterday and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I like this... Got it from Amazon. I like how precise the glass fits on the screen. I got this particular one because of the 'no cut-outs' at the top of the phone. Spigen is the only other one I know without the 'cut-outs' but $40 for a screen protector is a bit much. Considering how many there are at the moment under $25. This one was $12.90 (amazon has already lowered the price for this product) +$5.01 for shipping. They shipped this product out of Las Vegas. I ordered on Wednesday, got it on Monday.

View attachment 2913617

View attachment 2913618

View attachment 2913619

This one looks similar to the one I have on my phone right now but my has a separate hole for the camera. also, I bought it on eBay for $5-6. That $12 price seems a bit steep for me. I'll post pics later.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131279425329?redirect=mobile

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

wpboyce

Jan 6, 2008
JOANNA
I carez

Well I got me a tempered glass screen protector for the first time since I crushed my xperia z and jumped to the g3 (wife thinks it wasn't an accident )
and I'm loving it. I always bought the cheap pack that u had to cut the plastic to fit the screen. Big difference. Clear and strong so far.
Any cons to having this on ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KGSW734/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I love mine so far
Oh an here is my case I love it too
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J9TBM96/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

chivamex10

Mar 6, 2012
Well it didn't take long for my iCarez to be tested. I dropped it while hiking this weekend and it cracked near the bottom. Ordered 2 more iCarez lol.

Makes me even happier I had a glass screen protector. Saved me $175 deductible.

At $8 a pop I would recommend stocking up on a few of these for anyone out there thinking about ordered one. You never know what can happen.

b49d3eb4-1473-437c-bc19-06e750c35ed3_zpsbf44623f.jpg

Reactions: Vicious Von

pandacookie

Sep 5, 2011
Quincy
I just got one of those Puretek roll on protectors, too. I'm already reselling it on eBay. I read all this and never used it. Once I sell it I'm getting an iCarez or a Calilu one. No more flimsy protectors for me!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

zcgofaster

Dec 10, 2013
Lancaster
Just put my glass on. Very well packaged, high quality. Unfortunately i installed it a hair off center and i have a weird spot middle left which isn't quite a bubble, could be dust. I installed using the shower steam method but i think next time to get a better fit in gonna use the hinge method. Here's a few shots

6ece452167d86121e4360b21be5a2dc3.jpg
f5703ce4032ef8c3ea6522c263523cc9.jpg
fcf16ba45c7b59b0129d0b30b9cf0534.jpg
feca451f4347f0ecf1b22895a6ca205e.jpg
81ba3ab95e778c609cabe8439419de8c.jpg
784052db50434a9e8ae1c33624e79e0b.jpg
d4f0b2b1d6145b3bf5512325aa1565f1.jpg

wpboyce

Jan 6, 2008
JOANNA
Just put my glass on. Very well packaged, high quality. Unfortunately i installed it a hair off center and i have a weird spot middle left which isn't quite a bubble, could be dust. I installed using the shower steam method but i think next time to get a better fit in gonna use the hinge method. Here's a few shots

6ece452167d86121e4360b21be5a2dc3.jpg
f5703ce4032ef8c3ea6522c263523cc9.jpg
fcf16ba45c7b59b0129d0b30b9cf0534.jpg
feca451f4347f0ecf1b22895a6ca205e.jpg
81ba3ab95e778c609cabe8439419de8c.jpg
784052db50434a9e8ae1c33624e79e0b.jpg
d4f0b2b1d6145b3bf5512325aa1565f1.jpg
I did the same thing, mine is slightly off just like that. But the case hides/ protects it for me. I fig it will still do it's job and i notice no problem with touch on that part of screen.

zcgofaster

Dec 10, 2013
Lancaster
I just tried some surgery on that spot with no success. Still there. Could be a flaw on the protector or maybe my phone. Good news is that it was surprisingly easy to lift a corner with my finger nail and apply the dust removal sticker. Didn't mess anything up. Really forgiving. But that spot!!! I may have to order another or better yet, contact the company for a replacement

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Also i have a best buy insignia flexible case and it seems the two will play nice together

SomeGuyDude

Jun 7, 2010
My iCarez is absolutely scratched to hell. My screen actually looks cracked in a few spots from it.

Yeah it was an easy install and sure it's the SP and not the screen itself, but I've never had a screen or SP that got damaged this quickly.

cbb77

My iCarez is absolutely scratched to hell. My screen actually looks cracked in a few spots from it.

Yeah it was an easy install and sure it's the SP and not the screen itself, but I've never had a screen or SP that got damaged this quickly.

Hmm, I also have the iCarez except I have the .3mm version. I wonder if the .2 is softer and not as durable. Had mine on for over a month now and it still looks new / like I just put it on. Am very satisfied and can't believe it was only $9 vs. $40 Spigen charges

Toneman07

Aug 17, 2014
Henderson
I am using the icarez on 2 of my 3 LG G3s. The first one went on perfect with no issues. The second one did not seal on the upper left corner. It almost looks like an air bubble would. I've thrown/dropped my phone several times. The phone shows no damage to the protector. I also usually leave it in the pocket with my keys and my wife leaves her in her purse. For 9 dollars, i would say its doing its job just fine.

Vicious Von

Mar 27, 2011
I have a hairline crack that's bothering me even tho its barely noticeable. The icarez screen protector is the best solution because that could have been my screen

johnomaz

Oct 28, 2010
And mine broke...well, broke in the line of duty. My phone was on my bed as I got ready for bed and my wife threw her M8 on the bed right onto my G3 and cracked the protector. The screen is still flawless. No telling if she would have busted my screen but the protector did its job. I'll be ordering another one soon.

zcgofaster

Dec 10, 2013
Lancaster
Update: i removed my icarez .2 because of the huge spot that couldn't get rid of. I got a zagg brand (.3mm) from a friend for free and decided to put that on. I like it but i can tell it messes with the sensitivity of the screen which can be frustrating when scrolling at times. I've contacted icarez through email and they requested 2 pictures and my amazon order id. Hopefully i can get a replacement because i REALLY love the icarez. .2mm is surely the way to go. It was also much less noticeable and the cutout was better as well.

Update 2: icarez sent me a free replacement. I used the shower steam method and it came out perfect. After using that thick zagg glass for a few weeks, I'm happy to have this icarez back on. Zagg was terrible for sensitivity and just way too thick. Imo icarez is the way to go.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Naah, I like my wet-applied TPU protectors, they never ever ever get dust stuck between it and the screen.

the trick to installing these glass protectors is this:

turn your shower on to its hottest water setting; close the door.
    go back in 10 minutes.
    install the screen protector in your bathroom, with the door closed.

sounds nutty, but the condensation in the air attaches to any particulate matter in the air, and sticks it to the walls, or the floor;

not your screen :good:
    These are way better than the plastic crap that is dominant.

I've bought a couple of these. They are $8.95 on Amazon Prime:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KGSW734/

I've also had one on my HTC One m8. Works awesome, and the feel... feels like glass.
    You're right. It does sound nutty. :cyclops:

for those in the know however; it is *the* way to do it properly.
    that is unless you have access to one of these

Clean_room.jpg
    for those in the know however; it is *the* way to do it properly.
    that is unless you have access to one of these

Clean_room.jpg

That's about 10 times the size of my bathroom (which partially explains why I think it's nutty to be messing with a phone in there).

Then again, I actually did have access to a dust-free clean room about 10 years ago, when I was working for IBM.

Maybe what's needed is a small dust-free chamber to do these things. We could make a fortune selling them. :D
    Do you leave your phone in there while the water is running or do you bring it with you when you walk in?

take it with you;
    the plan is to remove materials in the air by adding condensation to weigh them down, not to 'hydrate' your phones screen; it probably wouldn't hurt; but i wouldn't do it as the condensation that accumulates on the screen is going to have to evaporate some time, and i dont want to know what the effects of that are after ive installed the s/p