MS Exchange

Search This thread

panamakid

May 6, 2007
Why is my "Peak time" setting not sticking? anytime I change it to Push, moments later it returns itself to every 15minutes!!

this is driving me mad, and my boss -_- lol

Any input is appreciated...thanks.

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Why is my "Peak time" setting not sticking? anytime I change it to Push, moments later it returns itself to every 15minutes!!

Not sure, I think there is a general problem with ICS with Exchange ActiveSync setting not sticking, there currently doesn't seem to have a solution right now except going with 3rd party app.

Reactions: panamakid

willgill

Aug 8, 2007
Dallas
Get a new boss. :b

I use Exchange and don't have that issue. However, why not just set peak and off peak to PUSH? Is it that big of deal?

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using xda premium

vinceweis

Jan 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
OnePlus 7T

I have been fighting this also. From what I have read, it is common to ICS on all builds for our phones. My only solution short term was to use "Enhanced Mail" from the Market (oops - Play Store). It is not free, but it works pretty well and the developer is promising an update to look more like ICS style in the next couple weeks. I would hope they fix the stock one soon, but you're stuck with few options for now.

Reactions: panamakid

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Have you tried a different ROM? I'm using WC's ICS ROM and have no exchange issues at all.

Probably not going to help as it seems to be an ICS issue. I'm currently running WC's rom and it also has the issue of settings not sticking with Exchange, WC has mentioned this as well. It won't stick for me on both the Vivid and Generic build. More searching in the forum showed that it also is a problem with Sensation's ICS build.

The problem is not that Exchange won't work, it is that the settings (update frequency, days of mail, email size, etc.) won't stick and falls back to the default 15min 5kb 3days setting after reboot, this renders push unusable.

Right now the only solutions are either to use another 3rd party app for push, or wait until it is fixed by google/HTC.

co.ag.2005

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Google Pixel 5
wow, same here. I keep trying to change mine to "manual" for both on and off peak, however, it reverts back to default. I don't want my exchange mail syncing when I don't want it to.

I'm running the OTA ICS, unlocked bootloader and rooted.

Attachments

• 2012-03-26_07-34-15.jpg
    2012-03-26_07-34-15.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 40

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not sure, I think there is a general problem with ICS with Exchange ActiveSync setting not sticking, there currently doesn't seem to have a solution right now except going with 3rd party app.

I have been fighting this also. From what I have read, it is common to ICS on all builds for our phones. My only solution short term was to use "Enhanced Mail" from the Market (oops - Play Store). It is not free, but it works pretty well and the developer is promising an update to look more like ICS style in the next couple weeks. I would hope they fix the stock one soon, but you're stuck with few options for now.