[Q] Flash player on CM9 Beta

Search This thread

Fragda

Apr 24, 2012
Just wondering if anyone has got adobe flash player to work on CM9 Beta? I'v been trying around with pretty much every version avalible. I have not seen much about it in the CM9 Beta dev thread. I hope people dont take this as an attempt to be pushy about it, I'm just wondering how to progress is going. The CM9 Beta from zeubea is very much appreciated and I'm very thankful for it.

ndmuni

Sep 16, 2011
Okey, which version is that? 10.1, 10.2, 10.3? Cause 11 will never work right.
Here's how I make mine work :
Install 10.3 apk, which is actually flash 11. After installing don't open just reboot.
You will find flash setting in your app drawer. Just do whatever setting suits you
Flash will work only on the stock Google browser. I tried with opera next it dun work.
Now just go to bbcsports football and try. It works all the time for me.

Stevemotto

Dec 21, 2011
Sydney
It works, don't get me wrong but it doesn't work well. Flash videos on the internet lag like a ***** to the point where it is unplayable. I'm using version 11 (or so it says)

Sent from my Legend using xda premium

Fragda

Apr 24, 2012
I did what you said ndmuni and it's still not working.
I downloaded it from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1340773 which I thought should be the right version.

The app said 10.3 not 11 as Stevemotto mentioned.

I then uninstalled and tried from the same thread I found the first one
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23663364&postcount=28

That one said 11.v11.0.1.153 in the app.
Still the same result.
I tested BBCSports football with the original browser and the result has always been it tells me to download adobe flash player and it links me to adobe saying
I got the wrong verison.

It's really hard for me to give this one up as I know that some live streams I watched before worked fine with another rom, and when you guys says it works for you.
I would really appreciate if you guys can link me the page where you downloaded your version. It would help me narrow down the possible factor that I might still have the wrong version.
Thanks for helping me out.

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
I downloaded it from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1340773 which I thought should be the right version.

Still the same result.
I tested BBCSports football with the original browser and the result has always been it tells me to download adobe flash player and it links me to adobe saying
I got the wrong verison.

It's really hard for me to give this one up as I know that some live streams I watched before worked fine with another rom, and when you guys says it works for you.
I would really appreciate if you guys can link me the page where you downloaded your version. It would help me narrow down the possible factor that I might still have the wrong version.

Hey guys, as zeubeas rom is still in beta0 and there is still some issues with the 2D drivers (something to do with debug), plus most of codecs are still broken, I have also tried most of the versions of flash available with out much success. These issues I suggest could also be related to cm9 itself, from what I've seen our ics is ported from an RC anyway and not from a stable version. Hopefully this is a fixable issue, and not one of those non fixable issue.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0

Reactions: Fragda

ethancottier

May 10, 2011
Birmingham
Here's how I make mine work :
Install 10.3 apk, which is actually flash 11. After installing don't open just reboot.
You will find flash setting in your app drawer. Just do whatever setting suits you
Flash will work only on the stock Google browser. I tried with opera next it dun work.
Now just go to bbcsports football and try. It works all the time for me.

Can you please tell me which apk of 10.3 to download? there's numerous ones.

I'm running CM9 unofficial build for HTC ChaCha, and I'm yet to find a flash player that works on it :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Still the same result.
    I got the wrong verison.

Hey guys, as zeubeas rom is still in beta0 and there is still some issues with the 2D drivers (something to do with debug), plus most of codecs are still broken, I have also tried most of the versions of flash available with out much success. These issues I suggest could also be related to cm9 itself, from what I've seen our ics is ported from an RC anyway and not from a stable version. Hopefully this is a fixable issue, and not one of those non fixable issue.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0