Root and Unlock Galaxy S3 i747?

Search This thread

indianx

Feb 7, 2011
Vancouver
Hi,

i just got i747 Galaxy S3 from Bell i would like to root and unlock it.
I also i have figured out that the CM8 for i9300 is not compatible with i747.

Is there a ClockworkMod version for i747 available?
Can it be rooted and unlocked?

I would like to use it on Fido.

thank you.

I cannot find any tutorial how to root and unlock i747.

Thanks.

kissdaring

Nov 14, 2010
hope there is something soon

Hi,

thank you.

Thanks.

same boat as you. Have a phone from Virgin and got it rooted but waiting on an unlock so that i can use it with fido. :(

indianx

Feb 7, 2011
Vancouver
So I'm assuming that currently there's no way to sim unlock an i747m for free then.. right?
Also, I noticed Bell and Rogers are i747m and Telus is i747d. What exactly is the difference between the two?
Looking at this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27938452&postcount=2
Is it safe to assume that I can buy any unlocked Bell/Rogers/Telus Galaxy S3 from kijiji and expect LTE to work on Rogers correct? :confused:

If iam not wrong there is no hardware difference between those i747's mostly it's the software which makes the difference.

My concern is more now should i sell my Bell i747m or not? Cannot use the phone at all since iam on Fido. I would rather buy then the international i9300 Galaxy S3 rather spending 33$ to unlock the phone.
I can sell it then for the same price and buy then the i9300.

Iam not sure if its even possible to unlock the i747m at all via a app or patch.:rolleyes: I cannot find any info about it

morphine_s2

Mar 16, 2012
I got Bell S3 as well and so far I747M model dont have this nv_data.bin file for unlock. But someone already send the Bell file to developers so they can come up with the unlock app. : (

morphine_s2

Mar 16, 2012

epichappy

May 20, 2011
Woodstock
I don't know why people are okay with these ebay sellers/unlock sites, most of them are illicitly accessing the handset manufacture's database and billing you for it, unfortunately telus has a $50 unlock fee for no reason other then that they can. If anyone could create a free sim unlock solution we would be much better off, lets stop looking for the best of the worst in these expensive unlock codes and just wait for the excellent devs to come up with a solution, I just feel dirty supporting those people... Anyone agree?

jimmar48

Dec 2, 2012
Unlock

Hello XDA members,

This is my 1st post on this website. I just wanted to let you know that the I747 from AT&T Galaxy S3 (locked) that I bought from eBay (which was new btw) was unlocked via software that I paid from this site called Unlockclient.com and it works. It took less than 5 minutes to permanently unlock my phone. It has all the versions of the I747/M/R. Thank you all for this awesome website.

[ QUOTE=indianx;28216065]Hi,

thank you.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Hello XDA members,

This is my 1st post on this website. I just wanted to let you know that the I747 from AT&T Galaxy S3 (locked) that I bought from eBay (which was new btw) was unlocked via software that I paid from this site called Unlockclient.com and it works. It took less than 5 minutes to permanently unlock my phone. It has all the versions of the I747/M/R. Thank you all for this awesome website.

thank you.

Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

# If you trouble yourself to start at the beginning of this page and read the stickies you will come to the conclusion that you are not the owner of I9300 and this is I9300 forum .
I9300 firmware will brick a non I9300 model .

jje

Reactions: xmrenegade7

ChiefBigToe

Jan 21, 2013
Just question

This is My first post on this site, as i also have a Galaxy S3 (SGH I747). that I bought off E-Bay , I am trying to switch from one service to another, But need to Unlock from main carrier. any help??? I would appreciate it thanks :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am afraid there is nothing for the I748 version yet.
    Only the international version had root so far.....

I am afraid you are going to have to wait.....

EDIT :
    Try this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNB-cJoittU
    Hello XDA members,

thank you.

Thanks.
    [/QUOTE]

# If you trouble yourself to start at the beginning of this page and read the stickies you will come to the conclusion that you are not the owner of I9300 and this is I9300 forum .
    I9300 firmware will brick a non I9300 model .

jje
    This is My first post on this site, as i also have a Galaxy S3 (SGH I747). that I bought off E-Bay , I am trying to switch from one service to another, But need to Unlock from main carrier. any help??? I would appreciate it thanks :confused:
    This worked fine for my Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1