Seidio now has Dilex case available

Search This thread

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010
I have been ordering Seidio cases for all my last several phones. My S3, S4, Galaxy Nexus. Decided to go with HTC One M8 since my last 3 phones were Samsung. I get a new phone every year. Easier to sell a phone while it maintains value at a year old or so.

The Dilex case has been showing in production up to the last time I checked 2 days ago, but I checked this morning and now available.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CSK3HTM8K-BK

I am ordering today.

They also have a 20% off code CS20, guess shipping kind of kills the coupon but you get a warranty when you buy from Seidio or an authorized dealer of their products.

With one of my last cases, I dropped my phone but no damage to the phone but the corner of the hard plastic broke off. I contacted Seidio since I had purchased direct from them and they sent me a whole new case for free and no need to ship back my old one. Just had to take a picture and email it to them.

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
Eh, maybe, but I don't want to waste even more time getting a case on my beautiful phone. It should be delivered today. Unless it's not a good looking case, then I'll probably keep it. Love Seidio's kickstand feature.

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010
Eh, maybe, but I don't want to waste even more time getting a case on my beautiful phone. It should be delivered today. Unless it's not a good looking case, then I'll probably keep it. Love Seidio's kickstand feature.

Yea I bought that clear Spigen case, but the buttons are kind of hard to press. Nice case and was cheap solution until Seidio released the Dilex.

jaggrey

Jun 6, 2008
Looks like the plastic shell finally goes over the top of the device, which means it should slide into and out of the holster without the silicone getting caught on it. Finally!

Can't tell if it blocks the IR from functioning though. The M7 version did.

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org

Can you do a quick review of the Surface when you get it?

I've been thinking about ordering it, as I liked the Surface on my One m7 and One XL.

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010
Looks like the plastic shell finally goes over the top of the device, which means it should slide into and out of the holster without the silicone getting caught on it. Finally!

Can't tell if it blocks the IR from functioning though. The M7 version did.

It says it prevents the IR from working. Is the IR blaster under the power button?

TriBeard

Feb 14, 2012
I was disappointed that they chose to block the IR blaster again. I thought on the m8 it was in the whole top, and I figured that that would make it easier for them. I had their case for my m7, and while I love the case, I might at least try out one of the other kickstand cases first, largely because of this.

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010
I was disappointed that they chose to block the IR blaster again. I thought on the m8 it was in the whole top, and I figured that that would make it easier for them. I had their case for my m7, and while I love the case, I might at least try out one of the other kickstand cases first, largely because of this.

I am gonna drill a little hole in the power button and hope it works. I tested and covered only the power button with my thumb and it would not control anything so I think a small hole or two should be enough. I just got shipping confirmation. I will post a pic after I drill the power button and post if it works.

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis

I've been thinking about ordering it, as I liked the Surface on my One m7 and One XL.

Got the surface with kickstand and holster today. Very nice as always. The kickstand sits further down towards the bottom and does blend in better than on the m7. On the m7 the kickstand was an eyesore, not so on the m8. Feels high quality overall. Very happy with it. Does not add too much bulk.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

TriBeard

Feb 14, 2012
I am gonna drill a little hole in the power button and hope it works. I tested and covered only the power button with my thumb and it would not control anything so I think a small hole or two should be enough. I just got shipping confirmation. I will post a pic after I drill the power button and post if it works.

Let me know if that works. Also, some pictures of the results would be nice.

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
It says it prevents the IR from working. Is the IR blaster under the power button?

The Otterbox commuter also "blocks" the IR blaster, but the remote functionality still works.

Can someone with the case comment on if it works or not? And can anyone compare it to the commuter? The kickstand is tempting.

TriBeard

Feb 14, 2012
The Otterbox commuter also "blocks" the IR blaster, but the remote functionality still works.

Can someone with the case comment on if it works or not? And can anyone compare it to the commuter? The kickstand is tempting.

Assuming this and the commuter are similar to the m7 versions (and I think for the most part, at least in terms of thickness and style they are), the dilex is thinner than the otterbox by a good bit. Even with the hump in the middle (which is much less pronounced, and now at the bottom), it was better feeling in the hand, and the soft touch plastic on the dilex is a lot nicer IMO than the otterbox. Seidio is also great about replacing if you have a problem and mine has survived several fairly severe drops and kept the phone perfectly safe. The kickstand has also spoiled me for all other cases that don't have one.

Reactions: Maedhros

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010
got case today

Got my case today. Its pretty nice. Adds some weight but not too bad.

I cut a little bit out of the power button just using a safety pin and some small snips.

I was able to use the IR blaster, seems I have to be pretty direct so I will probably just widen the hole a little more or make another one. It works just fine though.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: Sckank

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Got the surface with kickstand and holster today. Very nice as always. The kickstand sits further down towards the bottom and does blend in better than on the m7. On the m7 the kickstand was an eyesore, not so on the m8. Feels high quality overall. Very happy with it. Does not add too much bulk.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    And just after I ordered my Surface with kickstand on Sunday. Figures. Maybe Seidio can push their products out on a decent time next time.

Maybe you could exchange.

Anything for the best kernel Dev for sense ROMs! :)

I'm using it now but won't be home for a couple of days. Initial impressions are good, but I'll get some pics up this weekend.

Assuming this and the commuter are similar to the m7 versions (and I think for the most part, at least in terms of thickness and style they are), the dilex is thinner than the otterbox by a good bit. Even with the hump in the middle (which is much less pronounced, and now at the bottom), it was better feeling in the hand, and the soft touch plastic on the dilex is a lot nicer IMO than the otterbox. Seidio is also great about replacing if you have a problem and mine has survived several fairly severe drops and kept the phone perfectly safe. The kickstand has also spoiled me for all other cases that don't have one.
    got case today

Got my case today. Its pretty nice. Adds some weight but not too bad.

I cut a little bit out of the power button just using a safety pin and some small snips.

I was able to use the IR blaster, seems I have to be pretty direct so I will probably just widen the hole a little more or make another one. It works just fine though.