[Q] Flashing Pacman and Restore Problem

Search This thread

snierecht

Apr 22, 2014
hi, i just tried to flash Pacman 4.4 Rom from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2670076 but it stopped at the animated "PACROMS loading" Screen (after flashing Rom, Gapps and rebooting).
I had Vipers 5.1 installed before. Restoring my nandroid backup it rebooted after Vipers loading Screen and stopped at the white HTC screen. :crying:
Installed new Vipers now and that worked but all my Settings are gone.
Should i try to restore my backup now again? and what could have been the Problem with the pacman Rom?

my Sensation xe is rooted, s-off, supercid and i used 4ext recovery

thanks in advance and sorry for mistakes. English is not my native language :p

Last edited:

Sajito

Sep 1, 2013
I don't know if it helps in any way, but since cwm is kinda old (as far as I know) I'd say install latest 4ext recovery and try again.
Did you wipe everything before flashing pac?

blogodoblogodo

Apr 13, 2011
hi, i just tried to flash Pacman 4.4 Rom from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2670076 but it stopped at the animated "PACROMS loading" Screen (after flashing Rom, Gapps and rebooting).
I had Vipers 5.1 installed before. Restoring my nandroid backup it rebooted after Vipers loading Screen and stopped at the white HTC screen. :crying:
Should i try to restore my backup now again? and what could have been the Problem with the pacman Rom?

Hi,

try to restore backup, then don't erase nothing with a new install of Vipers5.1.0 but dont wipe anything, it maybe fix your bootloop

snierecht

Apr 22, 2014
What hboot and firmware are you using? And is your 4ext latest one? (v. 1.0.0.6 RC1)

thanks, i had an older 4ext Version (something like 5.xxxx without touch), i updated it now

i guess that will also fix my restore Problem ?

hboot 1.27.1100
Firmware was 3.33 as far as i remember but cant find it at the moment, where can i look it up?

Last edited:

Sajito

Sep 1, 2013
thanks, i had an older 4ext Version (something like 5.xxxx without touch), i updated it now

i guess that will also fix my restore Problem ?

hboot 1.27.1100
Firmware was 3.33 as far as i remember but cant find it at the moment, where can i look it up?

It might help, not sure if it really does. Try out and tell us.

snierecht

Apr 22, 2014
It might help, not sure if it really does. Try out and tell us.

got most things set up again now, had some titanium backups^^
dont want to ruin it again

found this in another thread
Jellybean firmwares use a partition called preload.....I'd say with certainty that cwm didn’t backup this partition.....you have to enable the option before you make the nandroid.....
Without the preload backup, any firmware restore will bootloop.....

Sent from my rooted, de bloated, stock JB powered S2 via PhilZ kernel and XDA developers app

could this be the reason for not restoring my backup?

marco1962

Mar 18, 2011

It is so simple if you using 4EX.

Go to recovery>Go to tolls> at the end of page enable Smartfalsh.

Go to wipe> format data/catch and format system with out SD Card. now everything is ok.

Install new ROM and enjoy it

:):)

snierecht

Apr 22, 2014
It is so simple if you using 4EX.

Go to recovery>Go to tolls> at the end of page enable Smartfalsh.

Go to wipe> format data/catch and format system with out SD Card. now everything is ok.

Install new ROM and enjoy it

:):)

Im S-Off so i don't need smartflash i think

Updating recovery and firmware solved my problems

Top Liked Posts