Search This thread

Budniu

Sep 21, 2008
Warsaw
encyklopediawindowsphone.pl

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
Weird thing...

I was browsing registry a week ago and found these settings there. I posted to the 8.1 tweaking topic about them, with a sidenote that what happened, this didnt come tothe final build. After posting I was swiping in the settings and saw the USB -settings menu there. Then I just thought I have missed the whole usb-settings in the preview and edited my post about that.

Now that I saw the news abotu this in WPC yesteday, I went to the settings and the USB -settings is not present anymore. I dont know I probably then enabled/disabled it myself then from the settings.

Posted the reg tweak to the tweaking topic how to make the usb settings menu appear in the settings.

Last edited:

DilanChd

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2012
Paris
Did you think about that maybe cortana allow us to access to other hidden parts?
USB settings is only one of them
Yes, but I thought it had most place in general section.

Ok, if you can move the topic.
I tried typing other commands, like:
- cortana
- quiet hours
- network profile
Try these ;)
Yes I tried Cortana and Quiet Hours.
Network Profile gives me an error.

compu829

Nov 5, 2006
I can get to the option on my Windows Phone 8x, but it says "Not connected" even though the phone is connected to my computer via USB.

gidannifico

Apr 8, 2014

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140426_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140426_0001.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: DilanChd

DaviUnic

May 12, 2011
I've enabled both options, but they don't seem to work on my 820 (yet). Probably why the setting was hidden in the first place... :/

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
possibly just a complete coincidence but not long after enabling this I started getting issues with the phone charging, in that it wouldn't charge or connect via USB, a reset fixed it and not been an issue since. probably nothing but if more folk find this happening it might be worth while keeping track of it to potentially warn others.

after all, its not as if these settings are super secrete or against the wishes of the networks so the settings are not live for a reason....perhaps that's it.

food for thought

Top Liked Posts