Can't install CM11 Snapshot M7 on HTC One VZW

Search This thread

vpxf

Sep 5, 2012
I moved from Clockworkmod Recovery to the latest version of TWRP(2.7.1.1) and while trying to flash CM11 Snapshot M7 I receive an error. The error is as followed: "This package is for "m7wlv,m7vzw" devices; this is a "m7".

Also while flashing TWRP I found this nifty guide and was wondering if this would work fine with any compatible recovery for the HTC One M7.
Code:
Download the above file(was a recovery .img file. Save it to the root of your /sdcard directly (internal memory only) and rename it to recovery_name.img

Launch terminal emulator or connect to your computer and open an adb shell, then type the following:

su

dd if=/sdcard/recovery_name.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p34

Then reboot to complete installation

Last edited:

durgis

Feb 12, 2010
Sorry, I don't know what led to me putting the wrong version in my post, but I am running 2.7.1.1.

I'd like to note that I'm running a M4 Snapshot just fine.

I think you're running the 'm7' version of TWRP instead of 'm7vzw'. Try a new recovery and double check that you've got the right one.

Reactions: vpxf

vpxf

Sep 5, 2012
I think you're running the 'm7' version of TWRP instead of 'm7vzw'. Try a new recovery and double check that you've got the right one.

Ah, I did not know there was a difference. I'll take a look for the proper recovery when I have time and then follow up. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to update TWRP since to the latest version (2.7.1.1). There was an update from HTC that changed fstab partitioning.
    http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7vzw

To update your recovery:

Boot into Fastboot via Bootloader
    On your computer, browse to the same folder where you downloaded the latest TWRP.
    Type: fastboot flash recovery filename.zip
    Boot into recovery.
    Sorry, I don't know what led to me putting the wrong version in my post, but I am running 2.7.1.1.

I'd like to note that I'm running a M4 Snapshot just fine.