Real fix for thinkpad tablet boot loop!

Search This thread

aliakg56

May 12, 2009
Introduction
OK. the story is I was on Thinkpad Tablet A 400-03-0070-0132-ROW, I decided to taste CM10 by Koshu, Thank you Koshu!), I accessed Root by RootDebugfs script! (Folow this instruction: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1706588)
Then I installed CWM and backup my tablet, then after install CM10. (Folow this instruction: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1846044 , Thanks Koshu again)
Everything was fine. thanks Koshu again !
Then I decided to back to my stock ROM, My backup was corrupted!!!!!! YES! and Thinkpad tablet went to BOOT LOOP.
Finally I solve it after 3 day's experiments! I repeated my experiment and I was successful as many times as I repeated. Then I decide to share my solution to anyone.
It works for any Thnkpad Tablet (US,ROW,WE,...) but at the end you will have A 400-03-0070-0132-ROW, but you can repeat to ROOT, CWM and CM10 again ;)

Before Start

1) your tablet is Thinkpad Tablet and stocked in the boot loop.
2) your tablet partition 4EBT is not lock by factory (you will learn if it is!)
3) after this instruction your tablet cure completely and you will have A 400-03-0070-0132-ROW version, not Rooted but you can access root later (RootDebugfs) and also you can do anything, also you can brick it again and this will solve it again !!!!
4) at each step, if you don't know the meanings, just search this forum.

Instruction:
1) download nvFlash + driver + CMW files + my script (included at the end).

2) put your tablet in the APX mode:
yes, you are at boot loop, but you can push the power button for 10sec. you will be off for a while, instantly push rotation lock key then add power button, wait for 2 second and release both buttons, you are at APX mode now, at the device manager of your control panel you can see APX installed.

3) install APX drivers:
if device start to loop before installing driver go to 2.
install driver from downloded files, drivers folder. windows say something! ignore it! and install driver

4)now we start to put recovery image to your SOS partition, it can help the device come back from loop!
(learn how to go into APX mode)
run my scrip from downloded files (alikghp.bat)
choose install CWM5.0,
go to APX mode and wait.
you will see big PASS on your device.

5) copy
a. clockworkmod folder and it's content
b. ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0089_ROW.zip
c. ThinkPadTablet_A310_03_0069_0121_ROW.zip
d. ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_ROW.zip
from downloaded files to a SDcard and insert SDcard to your tablet.

6) turn off your device, go to recovery mode (power (after vibration release power, push Vol.up 2 or 3 times), you will see the CWM recovery.
YES you break the DEVIL's LOOP!

7) use Vol.up, Vil.down and power to choose -backup and restore, then
-restore from external sdcard.
the -yes.
be patient and wait until to end.

8) at CWM's main menu choose -install zip from sdcard. then
-choose zip from external sdcard.
-choose ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0089_ROW.zip

9) again run alikghp.bat but this time
choose install OriginalRecovey
after see the big PASS...

10) turn off, and turn on to recovery mode again.
choose wipe data/factory reset. wait until finish.
choose reboot system now.

11) your tablet back to life. with A310_02_0039_0089_ROW !!! wait until it it's jobs done!

12) turn off and turn on to recovery mode again. choose apply update from external storage.
choose ThinkPadTablet_A310_03_0069_0121_ROW. after finishing reboot and wait wait until it it's jobs done!
repeate this step and
choose ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_ROW after finishing reboot and wait wait until it it's jobs done!

it's done. :D
now you can root and install CM10 again, (refer to Introduction above) BUT this time make sure your Nandroid backup is healthy and pull it on your hard disk to safety.

==============================================================================
Download files here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5cPsgBIMN0JLWdlM00wLUlYZEE/edit?usp=sharing

ENJOY!!! By:Ali Ghodratipour

m7mdrda

Apr 17, 2009
when using nvflash and type "sync" i got this

error: rcm version 0X4 Command send failed (usb write failed)

is this mean that my tablet partition 4EBT is lock by factory and i can't use this method

aliakg56

May 12, 2009

is this mean that my tablet partition 4EBT is lock by factory and i can't use this method

I guess this problem may come from 2 area.
1) are you sure that you have installed nvflash drivers properly?
2) do you install Bootloader on your 4EBT partition, because you have to do it before any command sending?

check the following post (thanks suntechnic!) to learn more about nvflashing.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1745450

Reactions: martiniturbide

gharib madrid

Jul 26, 2014
Thank you ali

i did every thing you said in your post .... i have a bricked thikpad tablet stay in logo when start and have a bricked recovery mode but when i used your methode my tablet don't wont to enter in recovery mode again when i hold start button and push the vol up twice i see on top booting recovery kernal image and my tablet restart after that
i think my bootloader is unlocked but i dont know how to use nvfash so please help me i don't know what i will do please is there a solution
if you have solution i can give you permission to enter to my pc and do what ever you want to do just please help me

ana_mawjoud

May 5, 2007
same as gharib madrid; but my thinkpad boots directly into "booting recovery kernal image" screen, then it hangs for few seconds then it powers down or restarts into bootloops,

my bootloader is unlocked.

after trying this method in the original post TENS of times, with bootload inetialize failuer, I got this
Code:
Nvflash started
[resume mode]
sending file: recCWM5.img
/ 4452352/4452352 bytes sent
recCWM5.img sent successfully
failed executing command 25 NvError 0x120002
command failure: sync failed (bad data)
bootloader status: Bct Write Failed (code: 22) message: nverror:0x42008 (0x6042008) flags: 0

anyone can help me in this?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 174

ana_mawjoud

May 5, 2007
the -yes.

How long this step may take?

after
"Cheking MD5 sums...
Erasing boot before restore...
Restoring boot image...
Restoring system...?

it looks like the process hanged here, now 25 minutes passed and still waiting some cool to happen

anyone who tried this method, please reply

reaperhk

Jan 14, 2012
same as gharib madrid; but my thinkpad boots directly into "booting recovery kernal image" screen, then it hangs for few seconds then it powers down or restarts into bootloops,

my bootloader is unlocked.

after trying this method in the original post TENS of times, with bootload inetialize failuer, I got this
Code:
Nvflash started
[resume mode]
sending file: recCWM5.img
/ 4452352/4452352 bytes sent
recCWM5.img sent successfully
failed executing command 25 NvError 0x120002
command failure: sync failed (bad data)
bootloader status: Bct Write Failed (code: 22) message: nverror:0x42008 (0x6042008) flags: 0

anyone can help me in this?
My thinkpad tablet suddenly die..and i am suck in the same place as you... it shows "booting recovery kernal image" screen, then it hangs for few seconds then it powers down or restarts into bootloops,

WIll my thinkpad 32G be an issue?

brvl66

Feb 22, 2011
Hi.

I had the same problem. Follows the isntructions an after that "booting recovery kernal image" plus lenovo loop.

My solution was: I had changed the line 30 in "alikghp.bat" by:
nvflash -r --download 6 clockworkmod\backup\ThinkPadTablet_0089_ROW_Root_CWM\recovery.img

that is: I had used the recovery partition from "clockworkmod\backup\ThinkPadTablet_0089_ROW_Root_CWM".

After that, the steps 6 and 7 of post#1 work!!

My thinkpad tablet suddenly die..and i am suck in the same place as you... it shows "booting recovery kernal image" screen, then it hangs for few seconds then it powers down or restarts into bootloops,

Reactions: eKeith

Cristofero

Feb 26, 2010
The files?

Thank You for all this help, Ali. I'm trying to follow these instructions today with a Thinkpad 1838 tablet to that's stuck in the animation loop.............but the link to your files is broken.

Can you (or anyone reading) help me?

Thanks again; this is a great tablet, and I wish to resurrect it for my daughter for her birthday.

Introduction
OK. the story is I was on Thinkpad Tablet A 400-03-0070-0132-ROW, I decided to taste CM10 by Koshu, Thank you Koshu!), I accessed Root by RootDebugfs script! (Folow this instruction: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1706588)
Then I installed CWM and backup my tablet, then after install CM10. (Folow this instruction: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1846044 , Thanks Koshu again)
Then I decided to back to my stock ROM, My backup was corrupted!!!!!! YES! and Thinkpad tablet went to BOOT LOOP.
Finally I solve it after 3 day's experiments! I repeated my experiment and I was successful as many times as I repeated. Then I decide to share my solution to anyone.
It works for any Thnkpad Tablet (US,ROW,WE,...) but at the end you will have A 400-03-0070-0132-ROW, but you can repeat to ROOT, CWM and CM10 again ;)

Before Start

3) after this instruction your tablet cure completely and you will have A 400-03-0070-0132-ROW version, not Rooted but you can access root later (RootDebugfs) and also you can do anything, also you can brick it again and this will solve it again !!!!

Instruction:

yes, you are at boot loop, but you can push the power button for 10sec. you will be off for a while, instantly push rotation lock key then add power button, wait for 2 second and release both buttons, you are at APX mode now, at the device manager of your control panel you can see APX installed.

3) install APX drivers:
install driver from downloded files, drivers folder. windows say something! ignore it! and install driver

4)now we start to put recovery image to your SOS partition, it can help the device come back from loop!
choose install CWM5.0,
go to APX mode and wait.

5) copy

6) turn off your device, go to recovery mode (power (after vibration release power, push Vol.up 2 or 3 times), you will see the CWM recovery.

the -yes.

11) your tablet back to life. with A310_02_0039_0089_ROW !!! wait until it it's jobs done!

12) turn off and turn on to recovery mode again. choose apply update from external storage.
choose ThinkPadTablet_A310_03_0069_0121_ROW. after finishing reboot and wait wait until it it's jobs done!
repeate this step and
choose ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_ROW after finishing reboot and wait wait until it it's jobs done!

now you can root and install CM10 again, (refer to Introduction above) BUT this time make sure your Nandroid backup is healthy and pull it on your hard disk to safety.

Download files here:

aliakg56

May 12, 2009
Ive upload files again

Dear friend, I tried to upload my script, however the post is so old and I don't have all the files. But you can find all of them in this forum and in the internet. just google the file's names. I wish you luck!
Here you can download stock ROMs:
http://download.lenovo.com/slates/think/tablet1
for NVFlash this link can help you:
I am not Chinese but this website + google chrome translator is something
http://cnzhx.net/blog/apx-root-thinkpad-tablet/

Attachments

• aliakg.rar
    537 bytes · Views: 437

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

Before Start

Instruction:

3) install APX drivers:

choose install CWM5.0,
    go to APX mode and wait.

5) copy

the -yes.

repeate this step and

Download files here:

I guess this problem may come from 2 area.
    1) are you sure that you have installed nvflash drivers properly?
    2) do you install Bootloader on your 4EBT partition, because you have to do it before any command sending?

check the following post (thanks suntechnic!) to learn more about nvflashing.

Hi.

I had the same problem. Follows the isntructions an after that "booting recovery kernal image" plus lenovo loop.

My solution was: I had changed the line 30 in "alikghp.bat" by:
    nvflash -r --download 6 clockworkmod\backup\ThinkPadTablet_0089_ROW_Root_CWM\recovery.img

that is: I had used the recovery partition from "clockworkmod\backup\ThinkPadTablet_0089_ROW_Root_CWM".

After that, the steps 6 and 7 of post#1 work!!