[Q] Lock code question.

Search This thread

twiggums

Oct 6, 2007
Hello,

I recently decided to put the Unnamed ROM on my GS2 and everything went fine and works great, this is my first Android phone and I'm love it! I've been using it a while and just noticed a bit ago that my lock code to open my phone stayed through the flash, is this normal for Android devices? Sorry if this is a noob qestion, i tried google searches and nothing came up.

To install my ROM I rooted my phone with the one click return/unbrick .exe. Then i installed Entropy's 11/3/11 daily driver kernal via adb. transferred unnamed v 1.1.0 over to SD card. Rebooted into CWM and did a "wipe data/factory reset" and then installed from SD card. installation went fine and everything has been working great, just a bit confused about the lock code thing :confused:.

Thanks,

mfpearson

Jul 27, 2011
St. Louis
as long as you aren't forced to use that code (i.e., you can change it to a different code), then i wouldn't worry about it. sometimes, when you do a factory reset/wipe data, some settings will still stick. for example, every time i do it, i still get a CM7 wallpaper that i was using the first time i flashed anything on this phone as the default wallpaper for the new flash. not sure why it happens, but i am always able to change the wallpaper, so i don't see it as a big deal.

twiggums

Oct 6, 2007
OK cool beans :). I just wasn't sure if it was a security measure in place on androids to prevent thieves from stealing a phone and just flashing it or something. Everything else has been working great and I'm able to change the code so I wont worry myself :). Thanks much!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App